Haye/Harrison: Warm-up for Pac/Margarito!

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by cocksure, Aug 19, 2010.

1. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Its close to finalisation: David Haye vs Audley Harrison. Apparently it will act as the appetizer to Manny Pacquiao vs Antonio Margarito on November 13.
    Lets face facts, both fights are despicable in their own ways and I've considered boycotting both for differing reasons... but I'll be tuning in. Am I just weak-willed or are my reservations/capitulation widespread?

David Haye v Audley Harrison fight could form Manny Pacquiao precursor - Telegraph

2. SteezMuffin

SteezMuffin Blue Belt

Come back to following boxing after about 3 weeks and Haye and Harrison are still going to fight? Fucks sake.

I care more for Pac/Marg, as pointless as that is too, shame as I'm more of a Haye fan too.

Fuck am I paying for this. haha, as bitter as that sounds

3. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

Aww. Screw this. I wish i wasn't such as big boxing fan, cause I wouldn't buy this crap but now the curiosity is taking over and now I will most likely buy it. I hate myself sometimes.

Atleast Rocky isn't on the card to.

4. noXtransitory**

noXtransitory** Green Belt

This isn't a fair fight at all, Harrison is going to get murdered.

5. Sigh GunRanger

Sigh GunRanger You think anybody will notice?

It's not on the same card though.

Quite frankly I'm more interested in Harrison knocking out Haye than anything else. I hate Haye

6. KOQ24

KOQ24 Gold Belt

Who doesn't?

7. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

Oh ok, I just reread the article and I guess it on the same day but earlier then the PAC fight and it's going to be it's own PPV. Now I won't order that one and still on the fence bout the PAC fight.

8. noXtransitory**

noXtransitory** Green Belt

I hate Haye but it's not gunna happen unfortunatly, Harrison isn't in Haye's league.

Haye needs to get in the ring with Vitali or Wladimir.

9. prod2821

prod2821 Gold Belt

enswell, and lol at putting two fights people didn't want to happen on the same dam ppv

10. Del the Funk66

Del the Funk66 Purple Belt

I'm in the same boat. I'd love to see a Harrison KO.

11. Kid McCoy

Kid McCoy Black Belt

Don’t laugh. Harrison isn’t a failure because he doesn’t have the skills. He’s failed because he’s a head case who could never put it all together for any kind of sustained period.
    Buster Douglas was a similar kind of guy.

As far as these “you’ll eat what I'm cooking or you’ll go hungry” kind of fights are concerned, boxing is a freelance business, not an umbrella company (like the UFC for example); so instead of practicing the self enriching kind of unbridled greed, it practices the shit all over yourself kind, like a big ol’ heroin addict.

12. bloydie

bloydie Orange Belt

Complete [email protected] joke i hope Audley gets lucky and sparks Haye purely for the sake of him cashing in and trying to play it safe after running his mouth so much. I mean come on a taxi driver novice in Rogan beat Fraduley and he has a couple of wins and that warrants a world title fight. Just [email protected]

13. Del the Funk66

Del the Funk66 Purple Belt

Right. Especially since Haye is running his mouth again saying that he has info to disclose about the negotiations and that after everyone hears them we'll "know who the bitch is" and it isn't him... RIGHT.... Any way this pans out he looks like an asshole. And its a shame. If he just manned up and fought them, it would have been fine he wouldn't have caught so much flack.

14. Athenry04

Athenry04 Black Belt

Haye - A-force is a fucking sham, and no doubt Sky sports and the other purveyors of misinformation will do their best to convince the UK public that this is a competitive and legit match up. Total shite.
    Audrey was going to retire if he failed to win prizefighter, he then got outmatched over 12 by Michael Sprott, before landing his hail mary punch, and now he is challenging for Haye's belt. After all the shit Haye spouted in the run up to getting his belt, including chasing the Klits around a shoping centre, having custom t shirts made, he's now fighting Harrison. Although I think Audley's a waste of time, I hope he spanks Haye for talking the talk, but most defo failing to walk the walk.