Hayabusa Mizuchi like shorts... but plain(er)?

James37

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking for shorts that are similar in length to Hayabusa Mizuchi -- a) longer trunks with b) split side seams. I don't like large logos/advertising that Hayabusa Mizuchi have.

Is there anything out there that's similar to Hayabusa Mizuchi shorts but without ads?

I'm looking for shorts that are similar in length to Hayabusa Mizuchi -- a) longer trunks with b) split side seams. I don't like large logos/advertising that Hayabusa Mizuchi have.

Is there anything out there that's similar to Hayabusa Mizuchi shorts but without ads?

I have all the Hayabusa shorts and I do love them. The thing is I got a pair of ADX Hybrids and they are great. I can get away with wearing them to lift weights too, they don't look "MMA".

ADX Navy Blue Hybrid RX Fight Short

I own a pair of Hayabusa shorts that I think are now discontinued. The logo is embroidered instead of printed, and the overall design is more subtle than "MMA style."

Quality shorts for sure.

I really recommend them for quality.

Hayabusa Black Kyoudo Fight Shorts - MMAWarehouse.com

I don't believe they're discontinued, they are just the original Hayabusa shorts. Much heavier in my opinion than the Shiai line, but still a quality pair of shorts.

I don't believe they're discontinued, they are just the original Hayabusa shorts. Much heavier in my opinion than the Shiai line, but still a quality pair of shorts.

Ah. I just don't see them as frequently around the interwebs, nor are they listed on Busa's site.

They are a great first impression to the Busa line for me.

I can help you guys out if you want Hayabusa gear. Just pm me.

Yeah. I want plain shorts. *Not* Hayabusa style. Plain.

@ShindoNinja

Do ADX wear true to their size or is it better to go a size smaller (if unsure)? I'm size 30 but often need to get 28 if shorts are "grappling type".

Yeah. I want plain shorts. *Not* Hayabusa style. Plain.

@ShindoNinja

Do ADX wear true to their size or is it better to go a size smaller (if unsure)? I'm size 30 but often need to get 28 if shorts are "grappling type".

Definitely go with the 30's. One thing to know before you order them, they do not have a drawstring, but do not let this deter you as they fit very well.

it hard to find plain shorts..
Jaco has one with one logo on side
then there is fuji kassen that is similar to hayabusa
and koral has also selection of shorts with one logo at the side.

but to defend hayabusa those logos are not that stand out as they seem in pictures. but if you dont like the design it is up to you i love my mizuchi shorts.

some smaller brands have some plain or close to plain shorts. just check some shops and find yours.

allways you can call to custom clothing manufacturers if they are willing to sell you one pair of plain shorts..

Back