Hayabusa Glory 12oz V-Lace

minimusmaximus

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What up 'doggers?!?! Long time, no review...just been lurking and posting random comments on relative things. So I thought I owed it to the interested community to put this out real quick. Just got these bad boys in today and logged in 15 rounds on the bags (double end, wrecking ball, and Thai style bag). Here's my first impression/initial review for these gloves.

Look:
Hayabusa has a reputation for having some loud designs, and these gloves are no exception. Maybe not as "MMA loud" as some of their older stuff but these things are branded the hell out! Hayabusa here...Glory there. There are 7 different graphic locations on this glove total! Asides from all that they do look pretty cool and techy with the splinting, the lines and flow of the glove, and the lace/strap combo. Pretty fancy...pretty fancy. I'm more of a traditional glove kind of guy and prefer to have my tech inside the glove, rather than outside, however I can I appreciate a glove like this if it performs--which we will get into later. On a side note--they don't look as big or puffy as they did when I was watching Glory 23. Pretty compact or least close to your average 12oz gloves (and yes I know they were using 8 and 10 oz gloves that night). They look close to symmetrical as well, if that's important to some of you.

Feel/Fit:
On hand they feel soft, enveloping, but not overly snug. I like to double up on my hand wraps--focusing the first wrap as a pad on the knuckles, backhand, and some on the wrist and the second wrap finishing the hand and focusing on the wrist. This is the closest I feel to using gauze and tape without actually using gauze and tape everytime (stretchy wrap as first layer and non-stretch wrap as outer). The glove allows a snug fit and tightness around the base of the thumb/palm subsides after the first couple rounds. It feels anatomically correct. The hand compartment actually tapers down towards the wrist inside the glove and your hand more or less pops into the hand compartment and locks down. I hate it when the interior of a glove has a straight pocket that has the hand compartment perfectly aligned with the wrist section (example would be on most other gloves knife edge) forming only one uniform pocket. You really have to crank down on these kinds of gloves to lock down your fist and wrists.

The padding is something I wasn't used to. It's definitely layered...and apparently with like a gazllion different layers! Deltra EG, Crush Complex....I almost thought I was buying supplements when I was reading all the crap labeling the gloves came with. They're not soft...but they're not hard. Don't you guys hate when people say that!? Springy and really dense feeling at first, but light at the same time. You don't bottom out on these gloves like super soft foam but you don't crack bags like harder foams do. I mean you can really lay into your punches but you don't feel too much of the shock. Decent pop on these gloves. They don't sing like my TB's or UMA's but they hum. Yup, they hummin.

The gloves have no vent holes on the palm side!!! There are only a couple on the thumb, but who the hell cares?! I never once thought to myself "boy my thumb could use a lot more ventilation". I don't really care for the fact that gloves have vent holes for ventilation during training--I want them so my gloves can air out and dry faster! I can't really answer if the gloves "feel hot" or get "overly sweaty". I don't really notice "hot hands" when I'm training. I've always figured you get hot and sweaty all over when your training hahaha. None of these special liners will have a comparison like a cotton t-shirt versus an underarmour or dri-fit shirt. Sweat gets in and evaporation with the help of some air circulation and maybe a paper towel will dry them out. I've never had to use glove dogs, I just take really good care of my gear after use.

Rambling...liner feels good =). Oh and I finally met the infamous Hayabusa thumb. It's slightly too short. Not in a bad place or anything, just too short. I don't seem to notice it when I get going however.

Construction/Craftsmanship:
This is where the glove suffers. There were several popped and raised stitches upon opening the gloves when they arrived. And they do look like they are in places that will affect the longevity/durability of the glove and its form and aesthetics will lose shape due to this. It's a China made glove. I knew not to expect the greatest when I placed the order but I was hoping Hayabusa would have at least stepped up their game for Glory. "The best gloves for the best strikers"...my ass they are. They need to spend less time and money in marketing and brand plastering and direct it towards the ongoing QC issues they have been known for. So the quality of how they were put together is completely sub-par for a glove in this price range. Mainly stitching on both gloves and some bunched lining on the right glove.

Now the construction and technology incorporated into this glove is where it plays catch-up. I get the way the fusion splinting works and the angle and taper it needs to be at in order to experience its effects. You bend the wrist back a little and the two splints on the backhand fold up and start to form an extra support using a slight angle, rather than a flat piece of foam, with a break in the wrist separating hand and wrist foam I might add, that only bends forward and backward. The center line allows the two splints to "tent" slightly and bend at lateral range which prevents the hands tendency to roll upon load. It does work better at preventing backwards bending rather then forward/downward.

All leather construction, always a plus....IF the leather is of high quality and is crafted with care and attention. I would have to say it's average quality, no where near the "highest grade" they claim to use. And it's a bit loose over the striking surface as well. BooOooOooo. I don't think you Vylar users are missing anything here...Very flat and broad striking surface I do need to mention. Nice shape and profile. I like.

Overall Performance:
I think the gloves performed as intended. The main feature being the "fusion splint technology" that sets them apart from other gloves in its class. Although I have the V-Lace version, I do believe that the standard lace model will have equal support in this area. Hell I didn't even have anyone lace me up properly. I left the suckers loose and just cranked down on the strap. I was really surprised at how great the wrist support was, considering I wasn't tied up or didn't have the "dual x-closure" system. And by the way, I'm almost 100% sure that the 10oz lace ups are the exact same glove (profile, padding, etc) just without the added 2oz from the strap and hook and loop material.

This was my first go around with Hayabusa, and while I can't say I've had a perfect experience, I will say that it has done enough to spark interest in some 16oz Tokushu Regenesis gloves. What say you, Sherdog?!?!?

+/- All leather construction
+ Fusion splint technology, excellent wrist support
+ Laces AND Velcro
+ Nicely shaped/proportioned hand compartment
+ GLORY
- Price
- Short thumb
- Lack of vent holes
- QC/craftsmanship sucks balls...or almost

I'll add to this or edit as I put them to more use.

So far so good, other than the loose/unfinished stitching the gloves already came with. Quick fix with a lighter and the gloves now have close to 300 rounds through them. The foam doesn't feel too different than when I first got them, which is a bit surprising. Thumb is still a tad short and hasn't really stretched out but like I said before I don't notice it once I get going. It was pretty much broken in from the get go. Biggest difference is my hands slide in a bit easier now with my double wraps. I'm pretty sure the pocket on these gloves were made to accommodate pro/fully wrapped hands as these particular gloves are approved for amateur kickboxing/boxing (versus pro use for the 8's and 10's).

All in all they have been performing well and I will continue putting rounds through them.

how would they be for the heavybag?

IMG_2034_zpsnc0hpema.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

how would they be for the heavybag?

They are excellent on the heavy bag buts thats about all I use them for now. I was kind of hoping that the padding would soften up a bit but it's still really firm and a bit thick (enter "that's what she said" here haha). The padding holding its form could be a plus or minus depending on what you like. Really nice pop on the bags and mitts, but at the sacrifice of knuckle placement/feedback. Most protective/supportive glove I have ever used. Just wished the thumb was a tad longer and the padding not so dense. I actually contacted TopBoxer about a replica glove with some tweaks but I have yet to hear from him. Hey TB, if you're reading this email me back so I can use that holiday promo! Haha

Thanks for the review. I would love to read what you think of them after 100+ rounds.

Yeah, thanks for the review! I think I would like these gloves a lot more if they had one less hyabusa logo on them, having four on one glove is just overkill imo. Starting to look tacky.

I don't see how you can write a review in 15 rounds, really can't imagine making a solid opinion with such little time.

Gloves look nice though, would like to see an update.

I don't see how you can write a review in 15 rounds, really can't imagine making a solid opinion with such little time.

Which is why I stated that it was an "initial review/first impression" in the opening paragraph. I also mentioned that I would be editing and adding to this as I used them more. My SOLID opinion should come around 200-500rnds of use on average. Thanks for reading =)

Which is why I stated that it was an "initial review/first impression" in the opening paragraph. I also mentioned that I would be editing and adding to this as I used them more. My SOLID opinion should come around 200-500rnds of use on average. Thanks for reading =)

Cool, definitely update if you can. There's a million "initial impression" reviews on here from people that like to buy and prolly don't even actually use em for more than a few rounds

Ummmm.....Ive done that my friend. I think within 15 rounds your gonna know if the gloves are crap or decent.

Ummmm.....Ive done that my friend. I think within 15 rounds your gonna know if the gloves are crap or decent.

Deciding whether it's decent or crap can be figured out in minutes. If too many of the points made in the initial need to be edited it can take away credibility from the full review.

I stand by all the points I made for the initial. The main points I will update are going to be regarding the durability and longevity of the shoddy craftsmanship. That and also changes in the feeling of the padding, if any. I remained as observant and unbiased in this write up as possible as I did not have any previous experience with Hayabusa. There was some good, and there was some bad.

If none of these initial reviews hold any value pertaining to "solid" opinions, I guess the feedback from the fighters in Glory 23 couldn't be trusted either since they only went a few rounds each haha....just kidding, those guys are professionals.

For those interested in the gear I have used and abused, I should have a couple up within this week. I will continue to post initials on new gear as well because I know I enjoy reading when someone else puts out stuff like that.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Yeah, I appreciate the initial reviews as well as the long term one. The initial reviews are especially nice for new products like these, and it's always nice to get real photos of the products that are not just stock marketing pictures.

Nice gloves. I wouldn't mind having a white pair.

Thanks Maximus. Good review. Any side by side size comparisons? Still interested how bulky they are. Super keen on a while pair.

Any follow up issues?

expensive under performing gloves that are plastered with logos

no thanks

Deciding whether it's decent or crap can be figured out in minutes. If too many of the points made in the initial need to be edited it can take away credibility from the full review.

takes a few weeks to get used to the fit and break them in a little surely?

every glove I have had was a bit uncomfortable at the start until it got fit to my hand and broken in

Anyone else get a pair of these. Still keen to hear about them....despite some that are getting their knickers in a twist over some branding.

So far so good, other than the loose/unfinished stitching the gloves already came with. Quick fix with a lighter and the gloves now have close to 300 rounds through them. The foam doesn't feel too different than when I first got them, which is a bit surprising. Thumb is still a tad short and hasn't really stretched out but like I said before I don't notice it once I get going. It was pretty much broken in from the get go. Biggest difference is my hands slide in a bit easier now with my double wraps. I'm pretty sure the pocket on these gloves were made to accommodate pro/fully wrapped hands as these particular gloves are approved for amateur kickboxing/boxing (versus pro use for the 8's and 10's).

All in all they have been performing well and I will continue putting rounds through them.

Back