Hayabusa fight shorts/questions

Angelo Vila

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
I currently use the Warrior wear domination shorts, theyre pretty good for grappling, not so good for kickboxing. I don't get the flexibility for kicks that I would like. I was thinking about the Hayabusa shorts, what have you guys heard/experienced?

And what's a good all around choice for MMA training?

While I have aton of board shorts, I have only one pair of "MMA" shorts, and they're the Hayabusa's.

I've rolled in them for a while and they're still in great shape. Flexible, breathable, and stylish. I couldn't think of how they could improve (expect maybe an internal pocket).

While I have aton of board shorts, I have only one pair of "MMA" shorts, and they're the Hayabusa's.

I've rolled in them for a while and they're still in great shape. Flexible, breathable, and stylish. I couldn't think of how they could improve (expect maybe an internal pocket).

How are they for kickboxing?

hayabusa shorts are good for MT, boxing, kickboxing, grappling, anything. they get the job done in all areas

hayabusa shorts are good for MT, boxing, kickboxing, grappling, anything. they get the job done in all areas

True, they move real well when doing Muay Thai, and I'm totally mobile during BJJ.

I am also a fan of the Hayabusa's. But my absolute favorite by a million miles have to be Cage Fighter. They are softer overall in the way they feel and they are extremely breathable.

I get almost everyones shorts for free because of my company so I can train with anything I want almost. Cage Fighters are my favorite and they also happen to be the cheapest so its win-win.

I should also say though that the new Kimura shorts are the lightest weight I have ever felt. Even more so than JACO. Super breathable, very light, awesome for grappling and perfect cut for kickboxing. I got a few advance pairs that I am beating up right now. They should be out in another week or 2.

Keep an eye out for them. I think they will be one of the best sellers this fall.

I have worn the Hayabusa shorts in 2 MMA fights and several bjj tourneys.

Neve had any problems with kicking or leg movement.

alistair overeem wore hayabusa shorts for his k-1 fight against ben edwards so they must be great for muay thai

Never worn Hayabusa shorts, but they look sick. If I had a lot of disposable income, I would own a pair. My favorite shorts are probably my Sprawls.

Never worn Hayabusa shorts, but they look sick. If I had a lot of disposable income, I would own a pair. My favorite shorts are probably my Sprawls.

How do sprawls do for high kicks?

Looking to buy a new pair of shorts and sprawls are cheapish.

sprawls are more ideal for the grappler IMO. not that you cant use them for kickboxing. but their main usage is designed around grapplers. they arent too bad for kicking. I have 2 sets of those as well. Decent movement. If you want shorts that are great for kickboxing but also good for grappling check out the JACO Philippines Muay Thai fight short.

Super light weight, bacteria treated, and cut 3 inches shorter than a standard fight short to give max range for kicking. I liked them overall for feel and for the locking system. My only complaint was that for someone with big legs they are sometimes tough to get on due to the cinching system. I am a former powerlifter so my quads are far larger than the average guy. And I also don't like that flap they have in the back with the writing on it inside the short. It bunches up on me. But I will say once they are on you cant hardly tell you are wearing them.

How do sprawls do for high kicks?

Looking to buy a new pair of shorts and sprawls are cheapish.

They do fine with high kicks. They have a stretch inseam and a side split. The past thing about Sprawl, however, is there unparalled customer service. By the way, they are currently on sale for $16.50.

Back