Hayabusa Competition Black Shiai Fight Shorts

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by MMAGearGuideNet, Jul 26, 2010.

1. MMAGearGuideNet

MMAGearGuideNet Orange Belt

Hayabusa Competition Black Shiai Fight Shorts | MMAGearGuide.net

[​IMG]

Hayabusa just dropped another colour for their Shiai Fight Shorts and it now comes in, as you may have noticed, BLACK!

I really like these but I like the white ones as well. Don't get me wrong, they have been seeing action at least twice a week and the only comment I really have the white ones is that as you may assume, it tends to get dirty. White looks sexy but black is always just more functional to be honest.

2. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

I actually own that exact pair. It's really high-quality stitching on the side. There is nothing about this pant that makes me doubt the quality of it.

It moves with me during Muay Thai and stays on my during BJJ. I hear all these good things about Sprawl, but I like these so much I don't see a need to switch over or try any other pairs.

A+++++ WIULD BUY FROM AGAIN

Edit; Haha I'm dumb. Mine are different, but are black and have that long side stiching.

3. situation4life

situation4life Orange Belt

length wise, are these shorts longer than sprawls/clinch gear/warrior wear?

4. MMAGearGuideNet

Which one do you own then mate? The Kyoudo or the Mizuchi?

I literally just threw my Warrior shorts into the wash but they're just about the same, should fall right above your kneecap.

5. risingD

risingD Guest

what's with the logos are they sublimated?

like the clinch gear's?

6. MMAGearGuideNet

Yup.

7. NoLimits1987

NoLimits1987 White Belt

are these pretty true to size? my sprawl 32s fit fine, jaco I need a 34. And you said they fall just above the kneecap lengthwise correct?

8. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

Kyoudo shorts for me. I am a 29-30 waist in most jeans but the 32 is perfect for me.

9. R1ceRocket

R1ceRocket Orange Belt

10. R1ceRocket

R1ceRocket Orange Belt

I tend to like most of my shorts on the "long" side, so that's one of the things I look for when shopping. Some, I don't mind being shorter for certain purposes.

My Hayabusa Shiai's, Bad Boy Capo II's, Fuji Kassens, and Forty Thieves are all a good length; not too long, but not short like my Truth shorts.

I like the length to be around my mids of my kneecaps, which my Shiai's do. But I'm 5'9", so that might make a difference.

Also, no, the Hayabusa's aren't really true to size. I would go up a size, even with the elastic waist.

11. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

Right.

The shorts fall above my kneecap, so even at a bigger waist the shorts are still short. It's fine for me: I like the freedom to kick

12. NoLimits1987

NoLimits1987 White Belt

Thanks for the clarification. Now if I could just find these on sale for like 50 bucks my cheap bastard self might be able to justify purchasing them!

13. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

Someone listed a site not too long ago with a %15 discount. That would've brought the pants down near your price range. I couldn't find it on Google: $60 even is the lowest.