Having Ronda Rhousey fight for "championship" in her 1st fight makes sense

UFCfightman**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
under the scheme that UFC is the superbowl of MMA

I never understood why UFC is so hellbent on acquiring other smaller organizations. It's inefficient because UFC is not going to be able to produce stars organically as a big conglomerate organization, there's too many events and too many faces. Smaller orgs have the limited resources so they focus on one or two stars to build up.

UFC should just feature those stars ONCE they are name fighters in other organizations.

This goes against the whole democratic equal time to all the divisions. ultimately there are less talent in some divisions, like WMMA, so UFC should not feel compelled to present them as much and only do it when there's a big spectacle imminent. I think similarly for divisions like BW, FLYW etc

The UFC was never really hellbent on getting other promotions, but if they went up for sale, it was better to aquire them than let all the talent and established names go somewhere else.

However, i think that sometimes ot's in the UFC's best interest to homegrow their talent rather than aquire it. Take Lombard for example, after the Boestch fight, it looked like he was a waste of a bidding war and a huge contract.

This reads like a paragraph taken out of an essay,so the point seems lost.

Are you trying to underline the fact that Ronda should be fighting for a "championship",as your title would imply,in her first fight? Or are you venting your gripe about how the UFC,in your opinion;is seemingly trying to obtain all other,smaller organizations instead of waiting for their stars to shine then acquiring them independently(the fighters)?

2aa8512db1.jpg

This reads like a paragraph taken out of an essay,so the point seems lost.

Are you trying to underline the fact that Ronda should be fighting for a "championship",as your title would imply,in her first fight? Or are you venting your gripe about how the UFC,in your opinion;is seemingly trying to obtain all other,smaller organizations instead of waiting for their stars to shine then acquiring them independently(the fighters)?

I'm saying UFC should host the major fights of the sport regardless of divisions, gender etc, but it shouldn't force itself to feature certain obscure fights on the basis of maintaining that division within the UFC.

This is tied to acquiring other orgs because it should not be about expanding stable of fighters but making sure the big fights are happening under UFC banner

she isnt fight "for" the title in her first fight. she is "defending" her title in the first fight. she is already the champ.

I'm saying UFC should host the major fights of the sport regardless of divisions, gender etc, but it shouldn't force itself to feature certain obscure fights on the basis of maintaining that division within the UFC.

This is tied to acquiring other orgs because it should not be about expanding stable of fighters but making sure the big fights are happening under UFC banner

You obviously don't get it. There is no clause in the contracts of all the fighters in other organizations that their major fights should be on UFC. They are under contract. Zuffa purshasing #2 promotions is just business.

UFC isn't the Superbowl. It would be more accurately compared to the NFL. Are you not proposing that the UFC should have a Superbowl. No more belts, but a trophy to the winner of each weight class at the end of each year. That would be just stoopid.

Back