Social "Having non-binary representation in animated shows for young folks [children] is so vital"

Imo necrophilia has no place in most children's tv.

He-Man is a great character and representative of the physical culture which forms the core. He also wears pink spandex and had fabulous secret powers revealed to him. That's as overtly gay (much less sexual) as children's television ever needs to be.

There's He-Man, and there's She-Ra. The fuck do they think they are to turn that into She-Man.

<{clintugh}>

Screenshot-2019-10-22-at-10.51.26.png

I mean, whatever lol.

There's He-Man, and there's She-Ra. The fuck do they think they are to turn that into She-Man. <{clintugh}>
She-Ra is still a girl but instead of huge tits she's flat now.
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd bet that under the new She-Ra's skirt is a eunuch surgery (as those ABCDE folks wanted). <{clintugh}>

And look at the arm-torso proportion. New She-Ra must be doing 'roids (or must be vestiges of previously present male hormones).

maxresdefault.jpg

Some people have theorized that Skeletor was also indicative and a sort of metaphor for the AIDS epidemic with the facial wasting. The OG show's air date (1983-1985) cuts really close though and seems more like convenient retroactive coding detail.

245-4-Limp-Wrist-Gif-640x469.gif

I'd bet that under the new She-Ra's skirt is a eunuch surgery (as those ABCDE folks wanted). <{clintugh}>

And look at the arm-torso proportion. New She-Ra must be doing 'roids (or must be vestiges of previously present male hormones).
To be fair I think she gets beefier when she transforms from Adora to She-Ra.

I like the art style but I can see why others wouldn't given the complete lack of shading which can be jarring at times. I have been looking for a decent action animated show for a while so I added this show to my list back when it came out because I thought it was Studio MiR that made it(just looked it up, turns out they didn't) but its looking a little to SJW for my taste and I bet I have a higher tolerance for that kind of thing than most in the WR.

Some people have theorized that Skeletor was also indicative and a sort of metaphor for the AIDS epidemic with the facial wasting. The OG show's air date (1983-1985) cuts really close though and seems more like convenient retroactive coding detail.

I think that's either nothing or just standard queer coding for villains but who knows?

My political views are somewhere in the middle, but this shit is fucking awful. This idiot has no business pandering to kids, he can fuck off.

If you're gay or whatever cool, but this shit is just fucking silly.

Netflix has a show called 'the toys you grew up with' one of the episodes is about He- Man. Pretty interesting if you liked it growing up.
We only have the He-Man cartoon because they wanted a way to market the toyline they had already created.

Netflix has a show called 'the toys you grew up with' one of the episodes is about He- Man. Pretty interesting if you liked it growing up. We only have the He-Man cartoon because they wanted a way to market the toyline they had already created.

Nah, it was before my time and I didn't really watch any cartoons growing up. It was all action movies, horror flicks and hard labor. All of the shit ITT is just stuff I became aware of later on.

Smashing the TV is vital for young folks.

giphy.gif
I'm not a parent so obviously take what I say with a grain of salt but I suspect there has to be a balance. But the show in question is on Netflix and while you may or may not agree that its suitable for kids I think most of us would agree that kids shouldn't have unrestricted access to the Netflix library.

Netflix has a show called 'the toys you grew up with' one of the episodes is about He- Man. Pretty interesting if you liked it growing up.
We only have the He-Man cartoon because they wanted a way to market the toyline they had already created.
That's standard for that era of cartoons, considered a dark age for cartoons since a lot of those shows had pretty poor animation quality and existed mainly to sell toys. Probably the most well known of such shows were Transformers and GI Joe.

The main character for this game is a boy

Japan and America are very different when it comes to these things. Japan has much less influenced from so called SJW types so when they include trans or non-binary or effeminate male characters its almost always a aesthetic choice rather than an attempt at more representation and a meta-point in the larger cultural discussion like you see in American shows. I grew up seeing trans characters in anime, in fact that's where I first learned about them. They're usually villains and either not passing at all and clearly masculine or really passing and considered incredibly attractive by the male characters and both of these are played for humor to some extent. They're also often sexually sadistic too. In a lot of ways SJW types would find such characters very problematic but as a viewer I quite enjoyed them and I prefer them over the kinds of trans characters you see in America where as I said they're more often included for the purpose of representation and so tend to be really safe, milquetoast characters.

EDIT: Also that game looks great, now I want to play it.

Japan and America are very different when it comes to these things. Japan has much less influenced from so called SJW types so when they include trans or non-binary or effeminate male characters its almost always a aesthetic choice rather than an attempt at more representation and a meta-point in the larger cultural discussion like you see in American shows. I grew up seeing trans characters in anime, in fact that's where I first learned about them. They're usually villains and either not passing at all and clearly masculine or really passing and considered incredibly attractive by the male characters and both of these are played for humor to some extent. They're also often sexually sadistic too. In a lot of ways SJW types would find such characters very problematic but as a viewer I quite enjoyed them and I prefer them over the kinds of trans characters you see in America where as I said they're more often included for the purpose of representation and so tend to be really safe, milquetoast characters.

EDIT: Also that game looks great, now I want to play it.

Ni No Kuni is a awesome game. I even got the platinum trophy. The second one is not nearly as good. I think you can get a re-mastered version on the Nintendo Switch.

xxxpji7avsblhhumflwj.jpg

I guess the insane are running the asylum now.

Back