Having kids...

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by deadshot138, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:36 AM.

1. HeirApparent

HeirApparent E.S.A.L

Sounds like your woman trapped you bro. Condolences. Condoms next time asswipe.

2. ObsoleteSoul

ObsoleteSoul Don't pray. Act.

Amongst forgiving devils, and treasonous seraphim
    Mine were planned. A dumb plan, since we were broke and young, but planned all the same

LHWBelt and Tone C like this.
  3. ObsoleteSoul

ObsoleteSoul Don't pray. Act.

Amongst forgiving devils, and treasonous seraphim
    Not sure some are giving him a hard time. Sure, he seems a but off in his post, but at least he is admitting what he feels, and does seem to want to convince you of it.

We need more people who feel that way, to accept it. It only helps all of us in the long run.

4. woodguyatl

woodguyatl Brown Belt

Other than the sleep thing, I never dealt with any of those things. Lucky about the tantrums. I have a naturally good tempered kid. Waiting until I had the financial resources to have a kid without impacting my lifestyle handled the rest.

5. Pugilistic

Pugilistic Silver Belt

I think you're better than people who get children in an attempt to validate themselves. Better to not have kids than to get them when you're not ready to be a good, stable person only to end up dumping all of your insecurities on to your kids.

6. SammyPops

SammyPops Gold Belt

tyring to joke that your daughter caused you trouble.

Job Interview likes this.
  7. Job Interview

Job Interview Discovery isn't Star Trek

I sort of figured but couldn't quite.

She was the most easygoing kid. Never one of those "I hate you Dad!" moments. No trouble and managed to keep good spirits at most times.

I can't take any credit, it's a personality thing.

SammyPops likes this.
  8. Ballsaque

Ballsaque Purple Belt

Lol why donit then

9. bigkick

bigkick Brown Belt

We had surprise twins.

10. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

Same!

Brofist.jpg

11. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

Or those couples who think having a kid will fix their marriage. LOL!

12. Devout Pessimist

Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

Truth. If a chick is already neurotic and unstable, then kids are only going to make the bitch even worse. You really need a woman who has her act together if you are going to have children and even then she can end up having emotional issues because having kids messes with a woman's hormones.

13. Cpt Migraine

Cpt Migraine Green Belt

holy shit some take this seriously.. the world is overpopulated anyways.. good if people chose to not procreate and while most agree on this the hormones are so strong almost everyone ignores it..

it's nothing personal but your kids are adorable to you, not to the rest of us..

I'm 32, been in a relationship for 7 years and we've agreed to not have children because we basically don't like children very much.. somehow people think they have the right to try and convince us of having children.. how is that any different from trying to convince anyone to not have children? "yeah bro, you're broke, alcoholic and fat, maybe it's not such a good idea to have kids" would probably make the world a better place than the mandatory "congratulations" to the unemployed already single mother of 2 to her latest pregnancy.. but what do i know..

14. Phlog

Phlog Dad Belt

I guess I've not had much money, ever really. At least that's how I think about it. I was still able to buy the same food, trinkets etc as before. I don't really buy big ticket items either.

Sure with kids you're spending often but it coincided with the wife and I earning more so like I said, didn't really feel it.

Oblivian likes this.
  15. superking

superking Poet — Traveler — Soldier of Fortune

Agreed.

However... I always have a hearty laugh when my 30-something friends say they can't cope or "just can't do it" or that they are unhappy and depressed because of having kids now.

Mfw:

<LikeReally5>

Try doing it at 17, you fucks.

16. Danger Dave

Danger Dave Yellow Belt

why would i want to create more of me, im kind of an asshole

the original #metoo movement

17. NAKMUAY18

NAKMUAY18 Brown Belt

The problem with having kids is that you cant explain it to somebody that doesnt have kids. I absolutely do not mean that in the eye rolling, "you wouldnt understand" way, its just really fucking weird.

I was always no really sure if i did or i didnt, i liked my free time and didnt want to blow all my money on some kid.
    I spent my first 30 years partying, traveling, fighting and doing fun shit. Got married at 33.
    I heard all the bullshit, every thing changes when you..... get a mortgage..... live together...... get married, fucking didnt though. We decided to have a kid, and everyone said, "you must be excited about the baby on the way".
    I literally fell nothing. Obviously i said i was, but fucking nothing. A month before he came out i was thinking about how i was going to tough it out for the next 20years.

Then he came out and it was insane. Only way i can describe it is if you think about having a dog, but times by a million. Absolutely everything changed, if you can make your child giggle, its the most intense feeling you will ever have.

I know that its just because we are genetically programmed to love our offsping, and i know that in in the vastness of time and space that we are both meaningless, but i couldn't give a shit. Now I've got a reason

18. LHWBelt

LHWBelt Silver Belt

They say a father doesn't really become one until the baby is born so the fact that you felt nothing isn't unusual. My wife is non-stop talking about the baby (she's 8 months pregnant) and while he's on my mind a lot I'm just more in the focused get shit done to make it easier on us when he does come mode. I'm not saying I'm not excited but I'm a little more focused on practicality.

19. Oblivian

Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

We're the same as to where both our incomes have increased drastically, but it's still very noticeable to us with three kids. I still remember spending around $125-$150 on groceries per week. I'm over $300 now. With just sports, that puts us out another $100 per month at least on average. Eating out is ridiculous now too. If we want to go to a sit down restaurant, it's not even close to worth it to go. Utilities are also another thing that I've noticed an increase. I mean then you get into things like needing a bigger house, bigger vehicle, etc. Kids are expensive as hell.

superking, Phlog and ObsoleteSoul like this.
  20. Javelina

Javelina Yellow Card Yellow Card

i generally wouldn't encourage your average sd poster to procreate.

i love my kids and have never regretted having them