Having a 49-46 judge has actually lessened my ufc fandom.

Judging at 247 was worst we have seen in recent years

this is true.
I know people say that it's better for the ufc to keep jon as champ or dominant champions in place but in reality jones losing would be better for business as a rematch would be huge. Just like how dana wanted gsp to lose so badly

After over 10+ years of watching MMA, I woke up this morning with a feeling ive never felt before.

If you watch that fight and you give jon 49-46, you are without a shadow of a doubt getting paid by somebody. These fights are not on the up-and-up. If you think a person that is intelligent enough to make it all the way to a UFC-judging postion (you cant be a dummy) and then watch that fight and give jones 49.....then you are unwise or naive.

The UFC thinks that if they keep their dominant champion in place that it will be better for business....but with the entire world watching and being like "wtf" at the judges .....it lessens everyones perception of the legitimacy of the sport. Now we have to live with the next several years of jones playing patty-cake with his length and using range to a decision win.

Thank god I didnt pay for that ppv....nor will I ever pay for one of Jones' cards again.

Reyes is the LHW champ imo.
if it was a 3 round fight there would be no question. ....... but with these judges jons STILL probably would have won.
Getting paid or perhaps just lazy and unmotivated to watch the fight closely.

I mean really dude????

Shes pointing that elbow right at us.....

Jesus are you trying to blind us?
What elbow?

tenor.gif

bork1}

Getting paid or perhaps just lazy and unmotivated to watch the fight closely.
anythings possible but damn. I won a little money on jones but I would have been happy to see it go if we had legit judges. Even if legit means paying attention.

My fandom was lessened a long time ago when trash cards with a main event and nothing else became the norm

you cant watch that fight and give jones 4 rounds, its impossible

The guy's just incompetent not bribed.
1+1 = 2 not 2 million.

Just think about it. what you're saying makes no sense. A bribe/fix has to be done in advance so you're saying the UFC bribed a judge (or maybe all 3) to fix a fight where Jones was the massive favourite?
If Jones had lost an immediate rematch makes them more money than any other Jones fight (unless he moves up to fight Stipe or Adesanya moves up to fight him). It makes no sense at all. How does the UFC benefit from Jones winning vs Reyes winning and how does either result compare to the losses they'd sustain if them bribing judges and fixing fights was exposed?

If you're going to fix it then you don't go 49-46 you go 48-47 and give Jones 2, 4 and 5.

The guy's just incompetent not bribed.
1+1 = 2 not 2 million.

Just think about it. what you're saying makes no sense. A bribe/fix has to be done in advance so you're saying the UFC bribed a judge (or maybe all 3) to fix a fight where Jones was the massive favourite?
If Jones had lost an immediate rematch makes them more money than any other Jones fight (unless he moves up to fight Stipe or Adesanya moves up to fight him). It makes no sense at all. How does the UFC benefit from Jones winning vs Reyes winning and how does either result compare to the losses they'd sustain if them bribing judges and fixing fights was exposed?

If you're going to fix it then you don't go 49-46 you go 48-47 and give Jones 2, 4 and 5.
you can see both sides, but even if i conceded and said that what you say is true.....then its mind-boggling gross incompetence, which gives me the same opinion. We need a new judging system. The fact that they dont want to change it tells me that theres something weird going on, like having 3 commission judges are more easily controlled or leveraged somehow.

you can see both sides, but even if i conceded and said that what you say is true.....then its mind-boggling gross incompetence, which gives me the same opinion. We need a new judging system. The fact that they dont want to change it tells me that theres something weird going on, like having 3 commission judges are more easily controlled or leveraged somehow.

From a logical and practical point of view it still makes absolutely no sense.
The risk vs reward equation doesn't work either. There's very little to gain by fixing it and potentially everything to lose.

The judging system is fine, the judges doing it aren't.

Have you been involved in any sport? Most of them have international > national > regional organisations, standard rules, standard judging/officiating courses and standards. The way you get to be an official at the top level is after years of doing it at lower levels and getting assessed. MMA (and boxing) isn't like that.

As most people here are from the US the NFL is considered to be the gold standard sport so I'll go with that for ease. How do you officiate in the NFL? Does the state where the match is just assign people to do it? No. To be considered for a position as an official by the NFL, the candidate must have a minimum of 10 years experience officiating football, at least five of which must have been at a varsity collegiate or another professional level and then The NFL Officiating Department monitor their performance.

MMA needs to be like real sports and not be run by one promoter and some comedy AC's who don't know what they're doing.

I had it 48-47 for Jones but I’d need to watch it back to try score it properly. A lot of the time people tend to over score the underdogs offence at first watch.
Seen a video during the week of Cruz and Gilbert watching the Jones v Santos fight on mute and they scored every round for Jones on that viewing.

After over 10+ years of watching MMA, I woke up this morning with a feeling ive never felt before.

If you watch that fight and you give jon 49-46, you are without a shadow of a doubt getting paid by somebody. These fights are not on the up-and-up. If you think a person that is intelligent enough to make it all the way to a UFC-judging postion (you cant be a dummy) and then watch that fight and give jones 49.....then you are unwise or naive.

The UFC thinks that if they keep their dominant champion in place that it will be better for business....but with the entire world watching and being like "wtf" at the judges .....it lessens everyones perception of the legitimacy of the sport. Now we have to live with the next several years of jones playing patty-cake with his length and using range to a decision win. The Santos fight showed us that too.

Thank god I didnt pay for that ppv....nor will I ever pay for one of Jones' cards again.

Reyes is the LHW champ imo.
if it was a 3 round fight there would be no question. ....... but with these judges jons STILL probably would have won.

I had the fight 4-1 to Jones. Pretty easy decision to make in my humble opinion.

If that judge was bribed they'd wind up in the desert rolled up in a carpet by going to the Feds and then going on all the talk shows and selling their story for a movie after their corrupt judging exposed the UFC's corruption and led to the entire company collapsing.

added correction

Nah, what this really shows you is what everyone already knows. The commission is worthless, they employ inept people who no background in the sport they are judging, and that's pretty much it. UFC needs alot of things. Less douchey president, fighters union, and a way to form some kind of legit MMA ref's org that could legally replace with this trash ass Commission has.

LOL but you were ok with the GSP/ Hendricks robbery?

"I woke up this morning with a feeling ive never felt before...."

LMAO stop being so dramatic and realize what's really going on. You have biases towards Jones for whatever reason, and it's not allowing you to think objectively.

If this fight bothered you that much, but the GSP/Hendricks fight didn't, thats how you know you're just a blind hater looking for excuses to hate him.
I thought GSP lost and I thought Jones lost. I was honestly surprised in both cases when they announced the winners.

I think it has to do with the stupid old mentality of "You have to beat the champ". I feel like these judges are looking for excuses to give rounds to long time champs, not sure what, if anything can be done to fix it.

Back