have you won gold medal as a bjj whitebelt?

pk1mbjj

White Belt
Reaction score
How many matchrs did you have to win ? How long did you train for at that time? How did you win? How many times did you compete? Be very specific please.

stop worrying. train every day you can,be a good person, and be dedicated. Good things will happen. if you worry about all these things you will not be as mentally strong, which is the most important thing in 1 on 1 competition.

My last 3 tournaments i have taken gold in white belt gi and beginner no gi. My coach has given me the go ahead for advanced no gi and prefers i stay in white belt while i dial in my game better.

i first started taking gold at the 1 year mark. my average division gives me 4 matches. I've competed 5 times. i placed in the first two. i'm at 18 months now and have made leaps and bounds on the detail department of my game. can't compete any time soon due to a 7 month deployment starting next month.

My last 3 tournaments i have taken gold in white belt gi and beginner no gi. My coach has given me the go ahead for advanced no gi and prefers i stay in white belt while i dial in my game better.

i first started taking gold at the 1 year mark. my average division gives me 4 matches. I've competed 5 times. i placed in the first two. i'm at 18 months now and have made leaps and bounds on the detail department of my game. can't compete any time soon due to a 7 month deployment starting next month.

He still wants you white belt after 2+ years and 5 tournaments and 2 gold?

Nope. I competed once as a white belt and lost. Then I competed about a dozen times as a blue belt and won a bunch of medals. It does not matter if you win at white belt. It's just about learning and practice.

He still wants you white belt after 2+ years and 5 tournaments and 2 gold?

i'm only at 1.5 years and golded in 3 tourneys(both gi and no gi). I'm a TLI guy, so when you don't meet the expectations of the team, you are recommended to stay where you are to fine tune. i honestly feel like i'm more than ready for blue division and doing a disservice to myself and the other competitors, but my trainer sees something that i don't. so back to the drilling mats

You're just going to skip intermediate?

I remember wondering questions like this to myself when I first started competing. The thing is you are a white belt. Use your time as a white belt to worry about training and learning as much as possible. Having thoughts this specific about competition will drive you insane, trust me I know. The only way to build confidence in this sport is to go out and compete every chance you get. Be patient, keep competing and you will answer your own questions. Reading other peoples white belt achievements on sherdog won't give you the answers your looking for.

yes had 4 fights to win and won by arm bar and had been training about 7 months and then got silver in no gi same comp

In my first year of training I competed twice, lost first round on points

Second year of training competed 7 times, won 5 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze including an Australian title.....

Most where 4 matches to get gold, half where won points half where subs, triangles, arm bars, RNC, bow and arrow,

Now I'm in the blue belt div so it's back to being the nail for a bit at comps.....

In my first year of training I competed twice, lost first round on points

Second year of training competed 7 times, won 5 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze including an Australian title.....

Most where 4 matches to get gold, half where won points half where subs, triangles, arm bars, RNC, bow and arrow,

Now I'm in the blue belt div so it's back to being the nail for a bit at comps.....

what weight are u and where u train/compete at?

Thanks everyone for your answers And happy new year! I'm not worrying about winning gold as a white belt I just want to hear your stories of when you won 1st place so it can motivate me and I can envy you a little bit. Its true that I want to win that gold but what s wrong with wanting to be the best? Everyone at my gym is chasing the same goal and I'm sure my professor cobrinha doesn't have a problem with it. I competed three times. First two times I lost in my first match by points and my third time competing I got third place. You can see my matches on YouTube if you search white belt featherweight bjj match 1. My second and third match is up there too. Please comment or thumbs up ! Lol

I won gold at my first competition at white belt, after training for 4 months. It was a local competition and not many competitors were there in my category.

It's actually the worst thing that could have happened to me and set me back for at least a year.

I felt like I'd really achieved something and that I didn't have that much more to learn. I felt ready for blue belt. It was the exact wrong lesson to take from a competition.

Thankfully, I found my way and got with a team that really humbled me very quickly. I won a few more golds at white, but against better competition and in larger venues. When I finally made blue belt, I actually had the skill to put it on.

Being that a competition gold is based more on your opponents skill (or lack there of), I think your question is irrelevant.

Also, who cares about winning gold in your novice/white belt class? Seems more like an ego driven bragging right than anything.

stop worrying. train every day you can,be a good person, and be dedicated. Good things will happen. if you worry about all these things you will not be as mentally strong, which is the most important thing in 1 on 1 competition.

you know you are just arguing with your other troll account, right?

you know you are just wasting people's time with your trolling bullshit, right?

pathetic

I only did two competitions as a white belt. I got bronze in my second one.

Did three competitions at white belt. Got one bronze in an absolute. Won two, lost my third. Otherwise, nada.

I won probably 8 or 10 golds as a white belt between gi an nogi. Novice-intermediate divisions. I also got a fair few other medals as well as unremarkable defeats.

All just a learning experience. I dominated my first blue belt comp and then a few later got choked to sleep.

I won my first tournament after training for 3 months. Only had to beat one guy though.

Back