Have you started skipping events?

I don't get Fightpass because of how shitty my internet is and I rarely purchase PPVs anymore.

I generally watch every FS1 and Fox card, though I was so uninterested in the tuf finale last weekend that I played Mario on the Wii U the whole time and just had the fights on in the background.
Looking forward to "X", SmashBros, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors and the new Zelda?

I never watched every fucking card ever.

Looking forward to "X", SmashBros, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors and the new Zelda?

My copy of Mario Kart 8 is in the mail, gonna go with Wind Waker or Pikmin 3 as the free download with it, tough decision.

I am planning on spending an obscene amount of time playing SmashBros when it comes out.

Right now the only games I've got for the system are:

3D World
NSMBU+NSLU
Rayman Legends
Mario Kart 8 (on the way)

Got any suggestions?

funny you should say that, because after not missing a single PPV or free card for years, I am starting to give less of a fuck with every event that passes. I like GLORY more than the UFC these days

As we get all the cards on the same channel in the UK, I still record all of them but find myself fast forwarding through at least 2 of the fights per card.

i've been skipping events a lot the pasty three years. i always wanted constant events, and here we have that...now i just don't have time. fighting just isn't like an 82 game NBA season...there's so much more going on. it's easy to even miss someone going on a nice streak on undercards and free events. suddenly i'm like "who is this guy?"

Usually stay up for 98% of the ufc cards but wont be staying up till ufc 175 now, next few cards are not that great, depending on how the fights go I'll see if there is any point watching them the next day

Hardly ever watch the prelims though unless I support someone on there

My copy of Mario Kart 8 is in the mail, gonna go with Wind Waker or Pikmin 3 as the free download with it, tough decision.

I am planning on spending an obscene amount of time playing SmashBros when it comes out.

Right now the only games I've got for the system are:

3D World
NSMBU+NSLU
Rayman Legends
Mario Kart 8 (on the way)

Got any suggestions?
Monster Hunter 3, The Wonderful 101 are both incredibly fun. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is awesome if you like platformers.

Go pick up some of the old Wii games as well, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are the immediate suggestions.

Tekken Tag Tournament for the Wii-U has an awesome mushroom mode. Plays smooth as hell.

I went with Wind Waker, btw.

As we get all the cards on the same channel in the UK, I still record all of them but find myself fast forwarding through at least 2 of the fights per card.

I would take those opportunities to talk to my friends, make new friends, talk to the bartender, hit on a girl, etc.

Yep, usually just watch the ones that matter.

Monster Hunter 3, The Wonderful 101 are both incredibly fun. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is awesome if you like platformers.

Go pick up some of the old Wii games as well, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are the immediate suggestions.

Tekken Tag Tournament for the Wii-U has an awesome mushroom mode. Plays smooth as hell.

I've tried past Monster Hunter games before and I didn't care for them, but I'll try out Tropical Freeze and Wonderful 101. I'll keep Xenoblade and Last Story in mind as well.

Probably going to wait a while on them though, already went over my game budget this month and still have to get EA UFC.

Yes. I used to watch every single event and know every single fighter on every card. Every UFC PPV felt like a big deal and had a buzz about it. Now, like others have said, it really is just 'meh'. I don't even know half of the fighters on the undercard and nor do I want to seeing as most of them shouldn't be fighting in the UFC.

Dana is so out of touch with reality on this. He says he never reads anything on the internet and that's probably why. It's so over saturated which means events are massively watered down. Guys that have 'names' who should be fighting on main cards of PPVs are main eventing these shitty random cards every weekend. It's a joke. I've started to become more interested in boxing than MMA which hasn't happened since like 05/06.

Rarely and only if I have other commitments.

Started 2 or 3 years ago. Lesnar, Sonnen, women's mma, etc... ugh. People like Lesnar and Sonnen just fuck everything up, for years. It's all good for business I'm sure but it's sad it has to be that way.

I've found myself fast forwarding more, lately. So fights are being skipped, if not entire events.

I've tried past Monster Hunter games before and I didn't care for them, but I'll try out Tropical Freeze and Wonderful 101. I'll keep Xenoblade and Last Story in mind as well.

Probably going to wait a while on them though, already went over my game budget this month and still have to get EA UFC.
They've really improved everything about the Monster Hunter franchise with 3. Take a look at the gameplay, and multiplayer features. Incredibly addictive.

I'll miss the FP events no problem.

If I can see it on TV or PPV I'll watch it.

I don't bother watching them all now. So bloody many of them and so many no-name fighters that I have no reason to take time out of my day to research / watch.

I used to watch all UFC + all Strikeforce + all Dream + all K1 and most EliteXC and of course all Affliction, at pretty much the same time.

Now, I just wait for the big cards, where I actually give a crap about more than 3 fights maximum.

I've skipped plenty events...

...But with my new subscription to UFC Fight Pass, I don't have to worry about missing events as I can conveniently watch the event at a later time.

Get your subscription to UFC Fight Pass now!

Not interested? Sign up for the a free 1-month trial today and see what you think!

*end shameless plug*

Back