Social Have you received a Covid vaccine?

Did you get vaccinated yet?

• Total voters

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
I just got mine this morning at the VA. I'm 40 years old and currently don't know anybody my age or younger that has received one yet. There were two options. There was the Johnson and Johnson vaccine which was only one dose, then there was the Pfizer vaccine which is distributed in two doses. I went for the one pump Johnson and Johnson dose.

I was honestly a little hesitant at taking a rushed vaccine, but I've had about every other vaccine known to man and I've never had any sort of reaction to them. I've even had vaccines that most people don't even usually get anymore (small pox, plague, typhoid, anthrax, etc...) before deploying to the Middle East back in 2005.

All in all if figure the risk is worth the reward. It's not like the concept of vaccines is anything new, so I was just wondering if any of you have gotten yours yet.

Last edited:
Nope. No plans to as of now.

That could change though. Giving it some time and watching / waiting.

Nah. Just had covid. Don't see it as necessary anytime soon.

How did it affect you? One of my sisters had it and never even had symptoms, but my Brother in law's sister got it and died from it.

I love the vaccine and think we need to force it on people for their own good. Especially kids

Not been offered it yet, but I'm going to take it when they offer me it.

How did it affect you? One of my sisters had it and never even had symptoms, but my Brother in law's sister got it and died from it.
Headaches were the worst part of it for me they were agonizing. Fever got to around 102. Had a spell of Naseau for a few hours and not much lung issues surprisingly. I'm about 3 weeks out of symptoms and feel back to normal . Thought it would be a lot worse as I take immuno supressents but it wasn't . Ive been much sicker before but i certainly dont want to do it again . Wife had similar with the headaches , except she also had a cough, threw up, and lost her sense of taste and smell.

I'm 33 and got my first last week. A family member works at a hospital and they randomly had a ton of extras because a bunch of people cancelled one day. When I got there, it was nothing but the families of doctors and nurses getting vaccinated. Basically anyone the employees knew who could show up on a moment's notice got one.

I was scheduled to get my first later this month anyway through Kaiser even if that didn't happen though. I called in hoping to get scheduled, they said I wasn't eligible. I said I have a history of breathing problems and high blood pressure, which is actually true, and they gave me an appointment.

I had COVID-19 in the fall of last year. Studies have shown adverse effects of those who get the vaccine within 8 months of having the virus. So, at the very least I’m waiting.

I’m also not in an at risk population. The vaccine would reduce my symptoms of an already reduced symptom population. What’s the point?

I’m not trying to be contrarian, but honestly, what’s the point of a healthy fit person, who has antibodies, to get the vaccine?

Getting my first shot tomorrow. My wife already has both shots.

Had my 2nd dose two weeks ago.

Felt like I had the flu the night I got the 2nd shot. It lasted for 36 hours. Then, I felt fine.

Yeah 1st Pfizer, all good. Didnt experience any after effects

I had COVID-19 in the fall of last year. Studies have shown adverse effects of those who get the vaccine within 8 months of having the virus. So, at the very least I’m waiting.

I’m also not in an at risk population. The vaccine would reduce my symptoms of an already reduced symptom population. What’s the point?

I’m not trying to be contrarian, but honestly, what’s the point of a healthy fit person, who has antibodies, to get the vaccine?

A vaccine for you would be a booster jab. A single shot would give you the same antibody levels, maybe more, than somebody uninfected getting their 2nd. Some people say you should get it if offered, whilst others say you should wait and ease the demand on supplies given that you have some immunity. The only consideration could be that the immune response from infection might be less consistent than the vaccine, especially if you only had mild symptoms.

I'm a healthy, non-obese 40 something white male in Canada so I'll get my vaccine in ...... September.

4/12 my state opens up phase 1C which is 45 and older so I'll be in that wave

Back