Have you noticed an increase in road rage since COVID hit?

Provocateur

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I feel like since COVID hit people are driving way more aggressive. I see more people running red lights and weaving in and out of traffic. Some lady cut me off on the way into work and then she gave me the finger. WTF? Have any of you experienced this? I try to remain calm but sometimes I feel like a more severe reaction is needed.
RoadRage-61ed.gif

I feel like since COVID hit people are driving way more aggressive. I see more people running red lights and weaving in and out of traffic. Some lady cut me off on the way into work and then she gave me the finger. WTF? Have any of you experienced this? I try to remain calm but sometimes I feel like a more severe reaction is needed.
RoadRage-61ed.gif
I wasn't doing rush hour traffic before Covid so I can't compare it but I am scared shitless driving around here, I get cut up on the motorway countless times by inches by people trying to come off at the last minute. And so many times as I'm trying to come off, with bags of time and my indicator on...and the people who speed up to fuck me up and cut me off? All women. Like minivan soccer mom women.

I wasn't doing rush hour traffic before Covid so I can't compare it but I am scared shitless driving around here, I get cut up on the motorway countless times by inches by people trying to come off at the last minute. And so many times as I'm trying to come off, with bags of time and my indicator on...and the people who speed up to fuck me up and cut me off? All women. Like minivan soccer mom women.
What type of vehicle do you drive? I've noticed I get cut off way more in a sedan than I do in a pickup truck.

What type of vehicle do you drive? I've noticed I get cut off way more in a sedan than I do in a pickup truck.
A Mini, and a Ford Fusion, cut up equally. It's worse in the mornings with people cutting in at the last minute. I haven't had as much of an issue on the way home because it's dark thhis week and maybe people are being more careful. Winds me up in the mornings though and I actually get pretty het up before leaving for work, and I used to be a really confident driver. Bay Area driving is fucked in the head.

I've seen an uptick in reckless and distracted driving for sure.

Less traffic in San Diego since COVID kicked off, so ive actually been more happy.

We saw a guy slam on his brakes in the freeway entrance ramp jump out of his car and run over two lanes just to mace someone in a different car. Shit was insane. Guy was just begging to be shot. I guess the other guy didn't have a gun.

We saw a guy slam on his brakes in the freeway entrance ramp jump out of his car and run over two lanes just to mace someone in a different car. Shit was insane. Guy was just begging to be shot. I guess the other guy didn't have a gun.
Damn. That's always a gamble though. If someone was running at me holding something in their hands I'd probably shoot them.

Damn. That's always a gamble though. If someone was running at me holding something in their hands I'd probably shoot them.
It was nighttime and I thought it was a gun until he started spraying. My gf even yelled "gun" and hid below the dashboard.

judging by the supreme lack of new WSHH Fight Comps, no, not really

I learned many years ago to keep my cool after a car full of vatos threatened to shoot my brains out on the freeway.

socal road rage can easily get you shot up messing with psychos . Never worth it.

And with the random shootings on the freeways you never know who has a gun and who doesn't. Now my wife freaks out if I even honk at someone.
I go spastic if husband gives someone a dirty look ever. I tried honking at someone a couple of weeks ago but I'm such a weakling it didn't work in the Fusion, I managed it in the Mini last week though.

It just fucks me off that the women not letting me off the freeway when I've given so much notice that I need to come off. Perpetuating the women being bad drivers stereotype. Forgot my boss was flicked the bird by a woman a few weeks ago who cut her up. Before I got the job here I was warned off the i880 by a recruiter, because she and her husband won't go near it it's so dangerous. So at least there's that.

RoadRage-61ed.gif
Did she provoke you?

Back