Have you lost respect for DC for chasing the Lesnar fight?

Did DC jump into the cage after a Lesnar fight?

I think your definition of “chase” is defective.

I never blame the fighter. DC, just like Bisping, should absolutely be happy to take big money fights with the least risk. Their only responsibilities are to their own health and their families.

Blame the UFC for running this thing like a circus coming to town instead of a sport. They are the ones in charge of the bookings and decided to lean heavily into the entertainment side.

I'm split on it because it's complicated:

DC's age and comments about retirement he is a fight or two away from it
DC's fight with Lewis .. but then again the dude was ranked in the top 3 at the time so heck
Lesnar to me isn't a circus he legit will defeat Lewis or Francis imo
I didn't like wasting time with Lewis I would have preferred Stipe rematch of course

Overall I've noticed DC trying to get those easy fights Volkan (dodged Gus rematch), then was playing up Shogun and how silly it was that people around this parts were even entertaining the idea lol.. then the Lewis/Stipe stuff and now he is trying for Lesnar.

Member the backlash Overeem received when he asked for another Lesnar money fight?

Dumbest thread ever...he deserves the big money fight after all the work he’s put in the sport. Amazing how dumb fuck fans can’t empathize

For the most part I like DC, he's a good champion and his resume speaks for itself. But I cant help but see his pressing for the Lesnar fight as kinda pathetic.

I mean we all know what it is, it's nothing more than a blatant money grab by DC, UFC and Lesnar himself, that is insulting to the fans intelligence.

I guess I wouldn't mind it if DC was declining or lost his last fight, and wants a big payday before retirement. But he's the HW champ ffs, and still fighting at the top of his game. So as a fan of his I want to see him push himself, go after Jones and try to offset those two huge blemishes on his record, or give Stipe a rematch, or fight Blaydes if he wins his next fight.... anything but a meaningless circus match.

DC is definitely a guy that is generally respected and demands respect, and I think he cares a lot how history will look back on his career, so I cant help but see this as diminishing for his legacy.

<DCrying>

DC has nothing to prove to anyone IMO. His only losses are to Jones and he is a cheating dirt bag so even those losses have asterisks next to them.

I think if DC wants to do a cash grab with Lesnar more power to him actually. Also even though Lesnar can in no way become heavyweight champ and defend multiple times he is absolutely dangerous to anyone in the top 10. Lesnar can end anyones night and this is not a safe match up for DC.

I never blame the fighter. DC, just like Bisping, should absolutely be happy to take big money fights with the least risk. Their only responsibilities are to their own health and their families.

Blame the UFC for running this thing like a circus coming to town instead of a sport. They are the ones in charge of the bookings and decided to lean heavily into the entertainment side.

Yeah, DC is a professional prize fighter. UFC’s promotional style is one where you should always call out the guy who’ll generate the most money for you. Lesnar is that guy I guess.

Can Lesnar win? Best chance would be if DC got hurt and fought thru it.

I assume you lost this respect for him at the UFC 226 press conference before he even fought Stipe, right?

This move couldn't have been more telegraphed, DC has openly wanted that fight.
Didn’t Dana even say the winner gets to fight Brock and DC’s eyes lit up like he saw tits for the first time? I don’t know why people blame DC for chasing what he earned. The UFC wanted Brock to fight for the title before DC decided to move up so it’s definitely not his fault. “I’m gonna turn down a lot of money because sherdoggers think it’s too easy.”- Nobody ever

I mean Lewis had the athleticism of your mate's dad. It's like "soft" Bisping. Cormier has a solid legacy but this is leaving it tarnished.

Incorrect. Lewis is at the very least, a pretty good athlete. He moves well for a man his size and can explode when he wants to. He has a relaxed fighting style that appears almost lazy at times, but that has nothing to do with his athletic ability. Shitty athletes don’t get full ride scholarships to play college football.

He is absolutely nothing like Bisping. Bisping himself says he isn’t an athlete, but that he makes up for it with skill, hard work, and conditioning. Does that sound anything like Derrick Lewis?

No, but it's a pointless fight.

It’s definitely a “thing” that ppl get mad at fighters who want to get paid. Quite strange.

Losing respect for someone that wants quick millions? DC earned it. He knows Brock’s drawing power. He doesn’t owe Stipe a rematch. Stipe should get in line like everyone else, he got KO’d by a guy half his size. DC’s about to retire. He wants the Brock fight so he never has to fight again after that payday.

A 40 year old trying to get one last feather in his nest before retirement, after a lifetime of competition. How could anyone possibly resent him for that. It's not like there is a long line of legitimate contenders waiting for a shot.

Yes, from a legacy perspective. No, from a business perspective.

I don't like fighters chasing money fights if it is never intended to be a competitive match up.

That being said, everyone wants to be paid, especially for light work.

Who else is exactly supposed to fight at HW?Hes too old to wait for these guys to move up the ladder, beat Lewis and Stipe and everyone else hasnt put enough wins together to be labelled as contenders.

Not necessarily lost respect, though I would have preferred he fought Curtis Blades even before he fought Black Beast.

His accomplishments are still what they are and he's doing a money fight.

It's not his best fight available, in terms of competition, and I would like to see him go another route, though what he's doing is understandable.

Incorrect. Lewis is at the very least, a pretty good athlete. He moves well for a man his size and can explode when he wants to. He has a relaxed fighting style that appears almost lazy at times, but that has nothing to do with his athletic ability. Shitty athletes don’t get full ride scholarships to play college football.

He is absolutely nothing like Bisping. Bisping himself says he isn’t an athlete, but that he makes up for it with skill, hard work, and conditioning. Does that sound anything like Derrick Lewis?
First of all Lewis’ conditioning stinks. He was out practically on his feet in the Volkov fight. It looked like an episode of bum fights. What happened? Did he eat that scholarship

Secondly I meant Cormier (not Lewis) was doing a “soft” Bisping in the sense of refusing to fight the number one contender and cherry picking fights. Unlike Bisping he wasn’t the recipient of a lucky punch belt, but apart from that it fits. Overlooking Stipe and going for “dad bod” Lewis was very lame and now he’s doing it again with Lesnar...a guy who’s kryptonite is being punched. Sad times indeed.

Not really, Brock isn't an easy fight for anybody. Especially for DC, who may be the smallest HW champion we've ever had.

It's a big money fight. All the respect for DC.

<DC-Champ>

Back