Have you lost respect for DC for chasing the Lesnar fight?

Not at all. DC deserves whatever fight he wants and I hope he makes a shit ton of money too. Dude has more than earned it.

Lesnar is the guy that the UFC wants to fight for the title next; no matter how much Cormier drools over the prospect, taking on that fight is entirely honorable. It's the company you need to diss if you don't like the matchup.

What does make me lose respect for DC is how he's discussing all other possible challengers as if he's the matchmaker himself. This guy he won't fight, that guy he might but only under stipulated circumstances, yadda yadda yadda. Understandable that he wants to stage manage his exit, but the amount of conniving is unbecoming in a a champion.

What really annoys me is all the twerps on here saying that he deserves a fight against Brock for the “payday”.

He can do that when he’s not a champ.
Otherwise, he should fight contenders.

UFC has already shown the championship means very little in terms of who is the best fighter. Might as well try to make some money while you have the belt.

If all the fans who claim to be purists actually bought cards and voted with their wallets, people like DC would have a meaningful incentive to take a fight like Jones/Stipe in his last fight.

DC's run from Rumble 1 to Lewis is one of the most impressive runs in the entire history of the sport.

Calm down and let the man make his millions. Set him up with cake and chicken for life.

Sherdog Revisionism at it's finest! Forgot how No Time at just KO'D 3 dudes under 90 seconds though! Also legit KO'D a legitimate Heavyweight GOAT contender... and still you won't give him his due! Sad!
Umm sorry. I don't consider cheating bum a great champ. Jon Jones is bad. But this guy was targeting his eyes. Carrick Lewis not even martial artist. Sacrafising the lambs. This guy ran from everyone.

The dude's had an impressive career of fighting the top guys available and appropriate for his ranking at any given time.
He's making his retirement run right now and, outside of 2-3 guys, HW's a joke anyway, so why not have some fun there and make some money?

For the most part I like DC, he's a good champion and his resume speaks for itself. But I cant help but see his pressing for the Lesnar fight as kinda pathetic.

I mean we all know what it is, it's nothing more than a blatant money grab by DC, UFC and Lesnar himself, that is insulting to the fans intelligence.

I guess I wouldn't mind it if DC was declining or lost his last fight, and wants a big payday before retirement. But he's the HW champ ffs, and still fighting at the top of his game. So as a fan of his I want to see him push himself, go after Jones and try to offset those two huge blemishes on his record, or give Stipe a rematch, or fight Blaydes if he wins his next fight.... anything but a meaningless circus match.

DC is definitely a guy that is generally respected and demands respect, and I think he cares a lot how history will look back on his career, so I cant help but see this as diminishing for his legacy.

<DCrying>
Of course. He is stalling a division of a real champion while he goes out and fights a disgrace to the sport.

Fuck no, DC is my boy and he’s done a lot in the sport, I have no problems with him chasing those big money fights so close to retirement.

For the most part I like DC, he's a good champion and his resume speaks for itself. But I cant help but see his pressing for the Lesnar fight as kinda pathetic.

I mean we all know what it is, it's nothing more than a blatant money grab by DC, UFC and Lesnar himself, that is insulting to the fans intelligence.

I guess I wouldn't mind it if DC was declining or lost his last fight, and wants a big payday before retirement. But he's the HW champ ffs, and still fighting at the top of his game. So as a fan of his I want to see him push himself, go after Jones and try to offset those two huge blemishes on his record, or give Stipe a rematch, or fight Blaydes if he wins his next fight.... anything but a meaningless circus match.

DC is definitely a guy that is generally respected and demands respect, and I think he cares a lot how history will look back on his career, so I cant help but see this as diminishing for his legacy.

<DCrying>

He doesnt give a fuck about your 'respect' nor should he.
He has earned the right to a money fight and should take it.

my problem with DC is the UFC acting like he has made history. He is not the real LHW champ, and he didn't give Stipe a rematch, so this bs about him being the first guy to defend belts in 2 divisions is a smoke screen.

So many emotional replies "stop picking on DC he earned a money fight, whaaa whaaa". Is there other sports where people jerk off to how much money their favorite athlete makes, or is this just an mma inferiority complex?

Let me put it another way, will you respect DC more if he close out his career beating Brock Lesnar, or if in his final fight he beats Jon Jones?

I lost respect for DC before that but the Lesnar retardation at 226 just made it worse.

Calls JJ a cheater, makes himself out like he's some chivalrous nice guy, but is cheating, towelgating, eyepoking.

I still like DC and understand that he's almost retired and wants to make some $$. Slightly disappointed but not that much.

yes. even connor mcgregor dont even go that low. for all the struggles Daniel had to get to the title. and the understanding he lost his way. he should defend it. tbf his record is fluffed. didnt rematch gustafson, when some people thought dc lost. stipe got eye poked not once, not twice, but multiple ocasions obvs used struves tatics. his defences have been piss poor ozedmir and lewis, strikers without no grappling game c'mon. finally calling himself the goat. just f off dc.

Excuses, he didn't rematch guss because a better fighter in rumble starched him for the opportunity, and he spanked rumble twice. Then Gus got hurt. He beat that ass anyways, and in more dominant fashion than Jones.

Also, Stipe eyepoked DC twice and you don't hear him complaining about it. Pure sour grapes from an internet dork

Hes not pressing for anything.

What really annoys me is all the twerps on here saying that he deserves a fight against Brock for the “payday”.

He can do that when he’s not a champ.
Otherwise, he should fight contenders.
He cant. once he isnt champ he wont get a superfight, DC has been beating and defending for a long time, if you cant grant Cormier the fight. at least see its the most logical decision for a one foot out 40 year old champ who is looking to make a good buck before he retires, i dont know what makes someone a twerp for seeing logic.

<DCrying>
If the fans buy the Ppv,and it does massive numbers than you cant say that it's an "insult to intelligence"

It's a fight they want to see but dont want to admit it.

Excuses, he didn't rematch guss because a better fighter in rumble starched him for the opportunity, and he spanked rumble twice. Then Gus got hurt. He beat that ass anyways, and in more dominant fashion than Jones.

Also, Stipe eyepoked DC twice and you don't hear him complaining about it. Pure sour grapes from an internet dork
Dude. A guss fought for.wir after Johnson. Also his dad died recently before. Also it was basically a draw. How come g is can gets splits but get no chances but cormeir gets loads 4 shit results.
B. Dude I don't remember ref stoping stipe 4 eye pokes. Dc was gauging his eyes out mate. Watch struve fight same thing happened

Back