Have you had an easy run health wise?

facePuncher7

Founder of the militant wing of the Salvation Army
@Brown
Reaction score
I've seen threads in the past about worst injuries and such and they terrify me.. But it always leaves me curious to wonder how many people go through life with no serious injuries, illnesses or diseases.

I had an asthma attack when I was a kid, broke my hand sparring as a teen and got hit by a car when I was 20 which damaged some ligaments but nothing long term has shown up yet.

I'm 29 and have always been fit and strong, never anything serious.

If we're only talking physical health, then yes. Damaged the cartilage in my left knee last year during sparring and the ligaments in my left elbow in a match a few years back, but it healed quite well.

Mental health is a bit tougher. Was depressed and had an anxiety disorder for about 2 years. All good now though.

I fainted after doing some very extreme running, on my way back home fell against the edge of the stoop, and had a serious concussion. 12 days in the hospital, first 3 days I don't remember anything. Couple of months was not allowed to drive/work etc...

This was last year in december. Other than fainting after extreme work outs I have been okay for the most parts.
I once injured my knee because of running too much without rest-days, stupid training.
Other wise I am ok.

If you get injured it's usually because you took it a bit too far imo.
You have to put in the work and sometimes go through extremes but be carefull.

Yes, not only myself, but I don't know of anyone in my family that's ever had a serious illness or disease.

KnockWood2.png

no, 12months ago i had a serious car crash and broke heaps of bones, i had a rod put in my femur that hasnt healed, in the next 30 days i will be having another operation where they'l replace the rod and put in some bone grafts, its been a nightmare of a year

Haven't had any serious physical injuries or illnesses. I did come down with pneumonia recently though, that sucked.

As for mental illness, I've always dealt with anxiety and depression. I hate it.

nobody in my family has ever broken a bone or had a serious illness (knock on wood)
my only problem is my tiny tiny peen

no, 12months ago i had a serious car crash and broke heaps of bones, i had a rod put in my femur that hasnt healed, in the next 30 days i will be having another operation where they'l replace the rod and put in some bone grafts, its been a nightmare of a year

Damn bro, hope all goes well

I haven't been to hospital in years, probably should for a routine check-up. I rarely get sick, so I always have high attendance rates for college. Also, never broken a bone in my body.

Edit: I cracked my head on the edge of some brick steps when I was about 7 or 8. Waited in the hospital for about 3 hours, and I didn't end-up needing stitches.

Last edited:
My appendix blew up a few weeks ago. I'm at 85% right now, still recovering. Worst physical pain.

Pretty good considering, a few broken bones, knee surgery, Kidney stones, Kidney cyst...That's about it ...over 50 also...Just keep your eyes open, so many people have to deal with so much....I feel very fortunate with my list...

I'm 29 never had any serious illness and only injury I've had is a broken nose.

Had some real close calls, fell off a 30ft cliff but fortunately I crashed through a branch that broke my fall so only had cuts and bruises.

Twice I've been cut open by bricks, one hit the bridge of my nose coming through a train window and another grazed my forehead coming through a bus window. These happened 6 months apart as well! Both times I was pretty much knocked out of my seat and covered in glass but no serious damage.

Was in a few minor car crashes as a passenger and as a kid I was on a theme park steam train that came off the tracks and tipped over, I was pretty much the only person who came out of that unscathed. No one got more seriously hurt than broken arms/legs though.

Got almost KO'd with a golf club to the head as a kid, had a concussion from that.

Yeah. I never get sick...maybe once every 3 years. Only 1 broken bone (orbital from catching a line drive with my face). I had my gallbladder removed and that's about it.

For someone that abuses their body every single day, I think I've had a very good run.

plenty broken fingers/toes, nose once

4 ops on my left ear before i was 4 years old to repair a damaged ear drum

multiple BAD ankle sprains,

allergies and asthma until i was about 17

bursitis in my throwing shoulder

bad right knee

cancer on my moms side

heart issues on my dads

so, yeah so far so good.

Yeah. I never get sick...maybe once every 3 years. Only 1 broken bone (orbital from catching a line drive with my face). I had my gallbladder removed and that's about it.

not bragging bro but in my time ive broken my wrist x2, 1x arm with a plate put in, shattered jaw, shattered heal and ankle held together with a plate, smashed femur with a rod in it, broken pelvis, broke that bum bone not sure of its name, think thats all for breaks

I broke both collar-bones about 5 years ago. one was a nice straight clean break, but the other was a mess. I didn't go to the orthopedic surgeon to get it fixed up and now i'm suffering from it each day. It's not terrible pain but it is moderate pain.
I broke them from a couple of seizures i had.

Back