Have you guys seen this choke in competition b4 or have you performed it?

I think it's called go-goplata or something. Shin-choke. I've never seen it pulled in training or competition. Seems very low percentage.

i rememeber joe rogan screaming "he's got the omaplata, O WAIT NOTW HE'S GOT THE GO-GOPLATA"

It's a gogoplata. I get these more often than you would think. I've even got Eddie Bravo's locoplata version. I use them more for comedic effect than anything, but I have gotten them to work.

Of course, you have to be extremely flexible to start with. I've never seen anyone actually submit someone with it.

strebent (sp?) tried one against josh thompson in ufc. lol, i still scream at him to "stay down" after he eats that hammerfist and for some reason stumbles to his feet only to get ktfo'd.

Go-go plata there is also a neck crank variation use your shin.

I've got it in sparring but never in competition. It is very easy to pull out off though. I actually got it once by actually getting my other knee up under their armpit, using the calf of my other leg across their back and over their shoulder and pulling my foot down. It does require a lot of flexibility though.

Next people will want to know about the variation, The Locoplata.

You know how yer grabbin yer own foot fer that thar choke? Well what are ya doin wit that othur foot an yer free hand?

Wit tha Locoplata yer usin yer free foot/knee to be pushin up into the heel of that there chokin foot. And then that free hand you reach up and be grabbin at your forearm that is doin the chokin. Then you be usin that new hand to reinforce that choke, and at the same time be drivin that forearm into thier face.

You gotta be locoflexible for that one.

It's an interesting move to try to pull off. Good to work with for instinct, variation, and just to try.

There is a similar technique in Sambo using the Gi Trouser leg for better grip, instead of sweaty limbs.
Its a bit faster to apply also.

you would of have had to a been in ballet or something to pull that off

GCSD Fighter said:
It's an interesting move to try to pull off. Good to work with for instinct, variation, and just to try.

There is a similar technique in Sambo using the Gi Trouser leg for better grip, instead of sweaty limbs.
Its a bit faster to apply also.

Hmmm. I was under the impression that Sambo had no chokes. And that the Sambo outfit had no trouser legs, just a jacket and shorts.

mmahamzah said:
you would of have had to a been in ballet or something to pull that off

Gymnastics or yoga, not neccessarily ballet.

i'm flexible enough, thanks for the link, i'll try it tomorrow lol

i get that position many times, but the opponents just turns their neck and postures up, kinda hard to do against someone who knows what they are doing

colinm said:
strebent (sp?) tried one against josh thompson in ufc. lol, i still scream at him to "stay down" after he eats that hammerfist and for some reason stumbles to his feet only to get ktfo'd.

He gave up. Thats what happened.

colinm said:

I also saw strebent try it on thompson, just didnt know what it was called.

Stoic1 said:
Hmmm. I was under the impression that Sambo had no chokes. And that the Sambo outfit had no trouser legs, just a jacket and shorts.

Gymnastics or yoga, not neccessarily ballet.

yeh thats what i ment gymnastics gymnastics=ballet right :wink:

Back