Have you gotten free things from Amazon for their mistake?

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I have. I made this thread because I ordered something from Amazon weeks ago and after a week it still hadn't arrived. So, I emailed them and they said it was probably lost in the mail so they sent me another order which I received in a couple of days. Then, a couple of days ago, my original package finally showed up, so I got double of what ordered for the price of one order.

I also ordered a toaster oven and received two of them. Gave one to my parents. And, I ordered a $400 portable 8 track a few years ago and received two of them. I double checked and they only charged me once. I sold one on eBay for about $350 after fees, so the one I kept only cost $50.

Anyone else?

No. But I got a free bodybuilding.com tshirt once. I only wear it for special occasions though.

All the time living In rural Alaska....shit will be like 2 weeks overdue so you complain, they send a new one then the old one shows up. Using amazon prime so shipping is free/included.....nobody is going to use their own $$$ to send that shit back.

And, I ordered a $400 portable 8 track a few years ago
As an older guy, i gotta ask, what the fuck do you need that for? That's pretty funny. I haven't seen one of those since the late 70's. Hopefully you ordered the trans am to go with it.

About 15 years ago I ordered a Saleen body kit for a 01 Mustang GT, 3 months went by and I never received it so I was issued a refund. About 6 months after that I came home from work and there was my $2000 body kit with spoiler that I'd already been reimbursed for, happy times.....

As an older guy, i gotta ask, what the fuck do you need that for? That's pretty funny. I haven't seen one of those since the late 70's. Hopefully you ordered the trans am to go with it.

Yeah, you're confused:

R16_top.jpg

It's for recording music... 8 tracks simultaneously. It's not an 8 track:

8-Track-tape-Player-FB.jpg

About 15 years ago I ordered a Saleen body kit for a 01 Mustang GT, 3 months went by and I never received it so I was issued a refund. About 6 months after that I came home from work and there was my $2000 body kit with spoiler that I'd already been reimbursed for, happy times.....

Sweet. What did you do with the second one? Sell it?

Yeah a few months ago ordered some gifts for my niece and two weeks later they hadn't arrived so I asked for a refund and they refunded pretty quick. The gifts arrived the next day after that, I guess they were mishandled during shipping. It was about 50 bucks worth of stuff so I didn't feel too bad.
<Fedor23>

Yeah a few months ago ordered some gifts for my niece and two weeks later they hadn't arrived so I asked for a refund and they refunded pretty quick. The gifts arrived the next day after that, I guess they were mishandled during shipping. It was about 50 bucks worth of stuff so I didn't feel too bad.
<Fedor23>

Seems like shit always shows up the day after you report it lol.

Yeah, you're confused:

R16_top.jpg

It's for recording music... 8 tracks simultaneously. It's not an 8 track:

8-Track-tape-Player-FB.jpg
Well, that makes a lot more sense, though it's slightly disappointing you're not driving around rocking out to Zeppelin old school style.

No. Now that their warehouses are practically all automated, they make less mistakes. People mistakes are so much more advantageous. That mail fault you got was a nice little feather in your cap. At least people still run the mail, and yours got slowed down by some mail courier. If anything the robots are making less mistakes and we're taking the hit on it now. Less free shit isn't as fun.

Sweet. What did you do with the second one? Sell it?

I only got the one, I was issued a full refund for the first one so I never expected to get my money back and a free body kit. I went ahead and installed it on my car, I was extremely happy as my car looked just like a real Saleen.

Yes, it's one of the few times I pushed back at customer service to just see what would happen. I ordered the deluxe version of a CD and got the regular one.

They sent me another copy of the regular one, so I complained again, then they sent me a third copy of the regular one, so I gave up and kept the 2 extra copies free of charge.

Derp.

Last edited:
No. Now that their warehouses are practically all automated, they make less mistakes. People mistakes are so much more advantageous. That mail fault you got was a nice little feather in your cap. At least people still run the mail, and yours got slowed down by some mail courier. If anything the robots are making less mistakes and we're taking the hit on it now. Less free shit isn't as fun.

True, but they still make other kinds of mistakes. A couple of weeks ago they had some random Glade air freshener (spray bottle) for like 10 cents (normally I think $2). I said, for 10 cents why not? So, I placed an order. Then, I thought, I should order a few more and just give them to people. So, I placed another order of 5, for a grad total of a whopping 60 cents.

Anyhow, it was a price mistake and they cancelled both orders. But, they gave me a $5 credit for each order. So, I got $10 for nothing.

That's not the only that has happened either.

The have you stolen from Amazon thread.
No, I have not had the pleasure.

I only got the one, I was issued a full refund for the first one so I never expected to get my money back and a free body kit. I went ahead and installed it on my car, I was extremely happy as my car looked just like a real Saleen.

Even better.

Happened to me a couple of months ago...package said delivered yet I never got it. Opened a chat with Amazon and they said they would look into but if the package didn't arrive within 48 hrs they would issue a refund. The package didn't come in time and they gave me my money back. The next day the package came. I actually got back in touch with Amazon and told them and they didn't care. They said keep the refund and the package.

Hey man, it's their fault.

I worked as a cashier when I was a freshman in high school for a few months. Most days I handled $1000's of dollars in cash because it was way before credit cards became ubiquitous and most paid with cash. If when cashing out, I was off less than 1%, I think, it wasn't a big deal and you weren't written up. Sometimes, the total transactions were $10,000+ in cash meaning I could be off $100. Nearly, every day I was not perfect but almost always less than 1%... everyone else was about the same.

Anyhow, the point is, sometimes I was supposed to give $10 back and handed someone a $20 by accident... in the rush. Did I ever once, have anyone say, "Hey, you gave me back too much?" Not once...

Ordered a load of stuff for Xmas a few years ago. Parcel came through but they included 2 PS3 games that weren't on the list of stuff I'd ordered. Messaged them and they told me to send them back. I said that they must be joking if they thought I would spend my time sorting out their cock up...said I'd leave it for them to pick up. They never did so my kids ended up with an extra game each..

I've received one free month of Prime or received digital credits equal to the item that was late(like $15 or something). They will push a free month of prime almost every time

Back