have you ever

Well this is why there is belts and stuff, its going to be easier to pass a white belts guard than say a black belts.

Have you ever rolled against someone who has an unpassible guard? You cant pass my instructures guard for anything. He has no nerves in his thighs, no one at my club can pass his guard. He's real good at pulling you off balance with his legs. Im not saying hes unstopible but man hes close.

yes theirs some guys out their who are physical freaks with their legs i try everything i know baiting him stacking posturing and elbowing in the thighs ive seen very few people pass his guard. ive made strides in getting around it by giving him some bait it got his legs open and i got to sidemount not long enough to score points and got put back in

Then why do so many BB instructors teach it?

Sitting there and digging elbows into the thighs most likely isn't what's being taught. Getting the knee to the/towards the tailbone while turning your hips and utilizing proper technique WITH elbows riding up the thighs is what's being taught.

Have you ever rolled against someone who has an unpassible guard? You cant pass my instructures guard for anything. He has no nerves in his thighs, no one at my club can pass his guard. He's real good at pulling you off balance with his legs. Im not saying hes unstopible but man hes close.

I would think your instructor wouldn't have a guard at all, if he doesn't have any nerves in his legs. Is he a paraplegic or something?

Then why do so many BB instructors teach it?

A.) cause it's easy to teach to uncoordinated n00bs?

b.) cause they're oldskool

think for a minute. when was the last time you saw a black belt USE that pass... ever?

Elbows in the thighs is NOT a valid way to open the legs. .

It's not the only way to open a guard, but in all seriousness, it does work very well against most people you roll with. Just because it is the most basic way to open a guard doesn't mean it doesn't work.

It's not the only way to open a guard, but in all seriousness, it does work very well. Just because it is the most basic way to open a guard doesn't mean it doesn't work.

No, it doesn't work, it maybe works against white belts who know what they are doing.

It's not the only way to open a guard, but in all seriousness, it does work very well against most people you roll with. Just because it is the most basic way to open a guard doesn't mean it doesn't work.

it is not the most basic, it's an unreliable and flawed way to break the guard and get put in various submissions

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2B1PmI0rfU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2B1PmI0rfU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this is the right way to pass. watch helio at 1:00

:icon_lol::icon_chee

Turns out the "Gracie Gift" is actually the Triangle. trippy

A.) cause it's easy to teach to uncoordinated n00bs?

b.) cause they're oldskool

think for a minute. when was the last time you saw a black belt USE that pass... ever?

Its not that im a noob, its that no other pass I do can work and I have tryed about 10. Hell a purple belt couldent even pass his guard.

Yes, i have been in that spot, and it sucks.

I would give you some advice, but you can look that up online or ask someone....

The fact of the matter is, your instructor is just significantly better then you (don't worry, i'm in the same boat)

I pass my instructor's guard...when he wants me to....

Thats normal for your coach to be like that.

Ive been training 3 years and only passed my coaches guard a handfull of times.

Back