Have you ever, or would you ever, call someone you've never met...

I got Catfished by a girl I talked to online for a few years. Actually just found it out a month or so ago. Never called her my girlfriend but I actually had feelings for her. She sent me pictures of a girl that was a 6/10 so I didn't really question it because I figured she'd send pictures of an 8+ girl if she was going to lie. Ended up doing some detective work and finally finding a picture of her that her work posted. Lets just say she was not a 6/10.

Hey you made a thread about that didn't you? How you kept trying to meet her but she'd always back out?

That sucks...glad you seem to have finally gotten to the bottom of it though, I know the whole thing was playing out for a long damn time. Onward and upward.

Nah. Boggles my mind.

Funny, the fiance and I just learned about this whole "catfishing" thing a couple hours ago.

In my day it was just called being a lying scumbag.

No

I use to have a friend who would do that all the time...we are not friends anymore

LOL those days:

Student 1: "I bet you don't even have a girlfriend!"

Student 2: "Yes I DO! She's just in another school!"

Student 1: "Prove it!"

Student 2: "I can't, she lives too far."

But to answer TS, no. I would not.

Hey you made a thread about that didn't you? How you kept trying to meet her but she'd always back out?

That sucks...glad you seem to have finally gotten to the bottom of it though, I know the whole thing was playing out for a long damn time. Onward and upward.

Yeah man surprised anyone remembered that. It's funny and stupid at the same time because it never crossed my mind to Skype or anything like that. I don't have a smart phone or a webcam and never really needed to Skype with anyone. When I asked her to just make a 5 second video of herself she said no because she'd act awkward in it. When I pressed about it she just refused and I knew right there what was going on. Can't believe I didn't think to ask for that before. I'm actually very relieved because now I don't have that stress in my life anymore. Good lookin out man.

I've met a couple of people on this site that I consider friends even though we've never met irl, but gf connotates a certain level of physical intimacy.

Yep, I did. Met a hot girl in PA through tumblr (which I didn't use), talked for 4 months, called eachother bf gf for 2 months, went out there to see her, was the same beautiful/awesome girl I met online. Hooked up a few times, got her pregnant and now I'm on a plane to go see her again as I'm typing this .

We did Skype a lot though, so I knew I wasn't getting cat fished

I've met a couple of people on this site that I consider friends even though we've never met irl, but gf connotates a certain level of physical intimacy.
tbr and I have engaged in mutual cybersex but as everyone will agree this falls more into the masturbation category. By several magnitudes.

Not any worse than calling something that you've never seen your God

When I used to try to pick up in a bar i'd walk up to a girl, after a bit of eye contact over the night and tell her that "she's gonna have a drink with me". You have to be very friendly and charming or you'll get backhanded. I guess I should have taken it one step further to "you're gonna be my girlfriend".

jedi-mind-trick_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

Manti, that you?

I have awhile ago. A British chick I met from the Metallica fan club. Was planning on visiting her and what not but shit fell through and that was the end of that

Yep, I did. Met a hot girl in PA through tumblr (which I didn't use), talked for 4 months, called eachother bf gf for 2 months, went out there to see her, was the same beautiful/awesome girl I met online. Hooked up a few times, got her pregnant and now I'm on a plane to go see her again as I'm typing this .

We did Skype a lot though, so I knew I wasn't getting cat fished

This sounds like a quality thread in the making :icon_chee

best of luck cheers

This sounds like a quality thread in the making :icon_chee

best of luck cheers

Lol thanks. I personally think it's pretty awesome. I've never met a girl that similar to me and awesome in my life. Granted we talked for a long time before that, but still

Lol thanks. I personally think it's pretty awesome. I've never met a girl that similar to me and awesome in my life. Granted we talked for a long time before that, but still

In all seriousness that sounds pretty awesome.

In all seriousness that sounds pretty awesome.

I would never carry on an online relationship though. That's why once we skyped and i knew she was real, I instantly set something up.

Back