Have you ever, or would you ever, call someone you've never met...

OK, car it is, Lada will do...

and nah, never had a gurl that could do this, or a girl that was as hairy as me and probably taller :eek:

This one please.

lada_c_geneva.JPG

Nah, I'm a midget compared to the giants here, but hairy as a Russian circus bear. Pretty sure I'm more muscular than any girl you had, big boy. Oh and I will cook, do orgies and don't mind you cheating.

i wouldn't even call a girl i met my girlfriend unless we spent a minimal amount of time together.

This one please.

lada_c_concept-Resimleri.jpg

Nah, I'm a midget compared to the giants here, but hairy as a Russian circus bear. Pretty sure I'm more muscular than any girl you had, big boy. Oh and I will cook, do orgies and don't mind you cheating.

ok

Sounds great but you got to promise me not to cheat with other man!

ok

Sounds great but you got to promise me not to cheat with other man!

I'll do my best, but sometimes they really look like girls, you know?

tranny.jpg

Yeah everybody is just dismissing this out of hand, but I'm pretty sure it happens quite a bit. Anybody reading this thread that might want to come forward is probably intimidated by all the sherbullies making it sound ridiculous.

You can absolutely develop a very meaningful relationship with someone online & over the phone. I think about troops overseas and stuff...you're in Bumblefuckistan for 3 years and communicate with a girl all the time without having met her - is it absurd to call her your girlfriend?

In the end, I do think it probably is. You can call her a lot of things, but I'm not very comfortable with calling her your girlfriend. I was hoping maybe we could get someone to speak to that experience.

i won't dismiss it out of hand, but i think that it is a mistake since the way people act online is different than how they might act in person.

short story somewhat related to this.

several years ago i was working out west. i'd never been there before and it was in a somewhat isolated area. i ended up meeting a girl online; i had no interest in ever meeting her in real life, but i pretended i did. she was really into it, so i decided to keep it going. personally, i liked it because she thought i was an adonis, so i kept stringing her along. in her mind, i guess she thought our relationship was real, even though i never called her my girlfriend.

anyway, when i moved, i started a new job and i wasn't interested in talking to her anymore, so i stopped.

i wouldn't even call a girl i met my girlfriend unless we spent a minimal amount of time together.

I need years, months, weeks, days, hours, min., sec.!

I'll do my best, but sometimes they really look like girls, you know?

tranny.jpg

oh god, the picture....

anyway i don't think this relationship will work out,

its not you its me

I need years, months, weeks, days, hours, min., sec.!

most relationships are different. for example, you could meet one girl, and spend a little bit of time with her once a week for a few months. another girl, you might see her for several hours every day for a few weeks.

oh god, the picture....

anyway i don't think this relationship will work out,

its not you its me

Ok, next!!!

most relationships are different. for example, you could meet one girl, and spend a little bit of time with her once a week for a few months. another girl, you might see her for several hours every day for a few weeks.

Yeah I get it. That's mostly the time needed to trust and getting a good idea of who the girl is, right?

Ok, next!!!

Yeah I get it. That's mostly the time needed to trust and getting a good idea of who the girl is, right?

i s'pose so. probably also give you a general idea about how compatible you may or may not be.

Yeah everybody is just dismissing this out of hand, but I'm pretty sure it happens quite a bit. Anybody reading this thread that might want to come forward is probably intimidated by all the sherbullies making it sound ridiculous.You can absolutely develop a very meaningful relationship with someone online & over the phone. I think about troops overseas and stuff...you're in Bumblefuckistan for 3 years and communicate with a girl all the time without having met her - is it absurd to call her your girlfriend?

In the end, I do think it probably is. You can call her a lot of things, but I'm not very comfortable with calling her your girlfriend. I was hoping maybe we could get someone to speak to that experience.

Calling someone your girlfried without ever having met them, or seen their moving image on Skype or something similar, is ridiculous; especially, if you don't engage in that behavior, like TGF said. I honestly can't fathom doing anything close to this, no matter the circumstance.

I'm not a bully for claiming that I wouldn't do something I wouldn't ever do.

i s'pose so. probably also give you a general idea about how compatible you may or may not be.

Yup, I included that under who the girl is in my mind.

But for the OP, in theory I could, but I never did, so I don't know really.

Calling someone your girlfried without ever having met them, or seen their moving image on Skype or something similar, is ridiculous; especially, if you don't engage in that behavior, like TGF said. I honestly can't fathom doing anything close to this, no matter the circumstance.

I'm not a bully for claiming that I wouldn't do something I wouldn't ever do.

Especially without the moving image on skype, I think I'd agree with you. It's hard to fathom. But I would be open to hearing someone explain the phenomena.

Never again. When I was in middle school I did though.

No

Given that people have varying degrees of understanding when it comes to expectation vs entitlement, I would say the best we can drill down to is a relationship principle rather than a specific hallmark of internet fantasy.

When we think about what we expect out of relationships (time/attention) vs what we actually get, we can just as easily delude ourselves with an actual relationship just as easily as a fakey online one. We never know if our girlfriends are lying to our faces and that they've been carrying on a secret life, just not on the internet.

I think people operate under the assumption they are entitled to certain things when entering a social contract, whereas other people are willing to move their goalposts when it comes to what they want. They may call it the same thing but their concessions change the landscape drastically. Attention is attention and time is time. There is no denying the more you spend with someone, real or fake, all those experiences will comprise this thing we call life. Inescapable.

I think the internet can be an alternative way to meet someone and get passed the awkwardness of getting to know someone, but it's just a tool, it isn't a well rounded method. Much like when you purchase anything on the internet, you can read all the details, see hundreds of pictures and reader reviews, but unless it arrives and you give it a test, you wont know how suitable it is for you or your needs.

Would I call them my boyfriend? No, but I wouldn't abandon the possibility that if it's someone I could meet and get to know in person one day, that they couldn't be.

I got Catfished by a girl I talked to online for a few years. Actually just found it out a month or so ago. Never called her my girlfriend but I actually had feelings for her. She sent me pictures of a girl that was a 6/10 so I didn't really question it because I figured she'd send pictures of an 8+ girl if she was going to lie. Ended up doing some detective work and finally finding a picture of her that her work posted. Lets just say she was not a 6/10.

No.

But I would say I was a victim of a hoax when people caught me in a massive lie.

Back