• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Have you ever, or would you ever, call someone you've never met...

jackietreehorn8

fine
@Silver
Reaction score
Your girlfriend?

I'm not here to judge. This is more of an exploration of what the internet has meant to relationships, and a possible generational gap between those of us that were doing the girlfriend thing before the internet and those that are doing it now.

Catfish!

and no.

I have called someone my gf that I never even talked to back in grade school though.

Last edited:
Nope, it's weird.

Not calling anyone my GF if I havent slept with her..

When I was like 14, single, and brand new to the internet I talked to girls online from other parts of the country occasionally. I didn't go around telling my friends I had a girlfriend who lived in Jersey or anything but it was sort of like a relationship with one girl.

I didn't take it seriously though, then I got a real life girlfriend and never talked to her again.

I have heard too many urban legends about calling people on the internet to do so. A few back my son did this and got a big surprise.

Last edited:
No.

I even get a little weirded out by dating sites. I never had any interest before I saw "Catfish", and that only reaffirmed my belief that some people on the internet are ugly middle-aged women who pawn themselves off as beauty queens. (Shudders violently)

Last edited:
When I was like 14, single, and brand new to the internet I talked to girls online from other parts of the country occasionally. I didn't go around telling my friends I had a girlfriend who lived in Jersey or anything but it was sort of like a relationship with one girl.

I didn't take it seriously though, then I got a real life girlfriend and never talked to her again.

It was probably a dude.

Back