Have you ever had to cut off a parent?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have you ever cut off a parent? If so why?

I cut off your mom after she wouldn't stop asking for the D

I somehow initially misread that last word in the thread title as ‘pinky’, and I was like damn, we have some serious Yakuza motherfucker in the ‘Berry today

It's been like 13 years or so since I talked to my mom. I just don't like her she isn't my kind of person

I always regetted not be able to kick the shit out my dad when i was younger. I had a shot when I was 13. I had the size but not the experience. It didn't end well lol.

A year later I became more coordinated, but pancreatic cancer stole my vengeance and for the next decade or so I took it out on everyone else.

It was only through forgiving him was I able to cut him off from influencing my reaction to certain stimuli.

My cousins don't speak to their mother anymore. She decided to change her name, drain the family bank accounts and credit cards, and basically abandoned them (while they were pre-teens), while occasionally randomly showing up for a few days a year, with the occasional birthday card. She was a malignant narcissist, with borderline personality disorder. She lives somewhere out in Colorado now, but they have no desire to see her or let her meet the grandchildren.

I don't speak to my parents

It's because I lived with them deep into my 20s which is way too long and it made me resent them even though they never did anything wrong

I count myself lucky to still have a great relationship with my mom. She’s 75 now and i call her every week, even when I’m traveling or deployed. My dad passed away in 85, and I think we would still be solid if he was around.

I always regetted not be able to kick the shit out my dad when i was younger. I had a shot when I was 13. I had the size but not the experience. It didn't end well lol.

A year later I became more coordinated, but pancreatic cancer stole my vengeance and for the next decade or so I took it out on everyone else.

It was only through forgiving him was I able to cut him off from influencing my reaction to certain stimuli.

My mother's second husband used to just sucker punch me from time to time but it was never the result of me acting up. I'd get in trouble and he'd rightfully get a chance to hit me but never did. It was just random; walking down the hall after saying good morning or while I was sitting down watching tv type of stuff. He dropped me once and on the way down I hit my head on the frame of my bed, I was so pissed but completely helpless. I always felt like I needed to fight him when I became a man but never did.

Almost like I missed my chance to affirm my manhood. I got over it though.

Last edited:
My mother's second husband used to just sucker punch me from time to time but it was never the result of me acting up. I'd get in trouble and he'd rightfully get a chance to hit me but never did. It was just random; walking down the hall after saying good morning or while I was sitting down watching tv type of stuff. He dropped me once and on the way down I hit my head of the frame of my bed, I was so pissed but completely helpless. I always felt like I needed to fight him when I became a man but never did.

Damn thats ill.

You guys talk now?

Damn thats ill.

You guys talk now?

Esophagus cancer got him in my early twenties. But we were alright for the most part and he was being a really good father to my little brother and he never hit him, ever.

I see some of his anger in my brother though. It's pretty scary when he goes off because all I see is his father and my blood boils.

No, but my brother in law had to. His father is one of those "degenerate gamblers" you see mobsters kicking the shit out of movies. He was always bugging him and my sister for money. They're pretty well off, so they'd always throw him a few grand every other month or so. My sis is pretty cold and stern though, so that shit didn't last too long after they got married. Last I heard, was that the guy moved to Vegas for "the weather", with the final bundle he got. Haven't heard a peep about the guy in years.

I cut off your mom after she wouldn't stop asking for the D

No, that was your mom fcking my mom bitch!
My mother's second husband used to just sucker punch me from time to time but it was never the result of me acting up. I'd get in trouble and he'd rightfully get a chance to hit me but never did. It was just random; walking down the hall after saying good morning or while I was sitting down watching tv type of stuff. He dropped me once and on the way down I hit my head on the frame of my bed, I was so pissed but completely helpless. I always felt like I needed to fight him when I became a man but never did.

Wtf?! Was he trying to be funny?

Esophagus cancer got him in my early twenties. But we were alright for the most part and he was being a really good father to my little brother and he never hit him, ever.

I see some of his anger in my brother though. It's pretty scary when he goes off because all I see is his father and my blood boils.

If cancer was an actual person Id want him to die of cancer.

I cut off my dad for a lot of years because he was a real fucked up person. I got a little older though and decided I don’t want to hold grudges and we talk some now. He’s mellowed out a lot in his old age. My sister, on the other hand, hasn’t spoken to him in over 10 years I’m sure.

Not parents, but if it wasn’t for my mom, I would not be talking to my sister.

I stopped talking to my father shortly after his first grandchild was born about 16 years ago. Sent birthday/Xmas presents to him and my mother but only spoke through text messages to my mother.

I spoke to him/my mother at my grandfather's funeral and then once after that until he died last year. I text my mother now on a regular basis but we'll never go back to how we were 18 years ago.

maybe two weeks of not talking at the most is the longest we've ever been in a fight. my parents are the best people i know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back