Have you ever gotten in a fight at a bar/club?

One time in Bangkok, I was working on my muay tai with some old muay tai master, getting prepped for one of my fights. To blow off some steam he takes me to a local run down dive bar and as soon as i walk in, the locals start mad dogging me as they don't take kindly to westerners. Regardless, we sit down and start taking some shots, and after what seemed like 10 i've got a good buzz going on, my trainer persuades me to start dancing. He hooks me up with one of the local hunnies, and soon after i'm the life of the party as other asian hunnies join in. Naturally the men of the bar get upset and confront me, and even in my drunken stupor, my training kicks in and i lay them out.

While this is an awesome story, I can't help feeling like it was kind of a dick move for your master to take you to such a place. Or was it his own version of the black belt test to see if you can use your training on the street?

Edit: Oh gawddamit, I got got.

Last edited:
One time in Bangkok, I was working on my muay tai with some old muay tai master, getting prepped for one of my fights. To blow off some steam he takes me to a local run down dive bar and as soon as i walk in, the locals start mad dogging me as they don't take kindly to westerners. Regardless, we sit down and start taking some shots, and after what seemed like 10 i've got a good buzz going on, my trainer persuades me to start dancing. He hooks me up with one of the local hunnies, and soon after i'm the life of the party as other asian hunnies join in. Naturally the men of the bar get upset and confront me, and even in my drunken stupor, my training kicks in and i lay them out.

image.php

I never really get into em, you kind of have to be a twat to go out looking for a fight, no matter how nails you are. My last proper one was about 5 years ago(before I trained MMA and I think before I ststarted muay thai), out in town just outside the kebab shop a guy hit my mate in the back of the head. My mates a bit disorientated so I had a swing for this guy, didnt really hit him right but he still slipped, then I swung a kick at his head. Probably a good thing I didnt get him right or that could ended badly

You had me for the first sentence

Too many times to count. I have two souvenir scars on my face. One from a Heineken bottle and the other from a big green NYC garbage can (right in front of the bar).
Even with those scars I'm still undefeated.
Come at me bros.

I saw James Butler sucker punch Richard Grant while I was in a bar.

Nah, I don't see a reason to fight unless you're defending yourself or someone you know. All of my stories would be 'almost got into a fight'. The last one I can remember - my friend and I were walking down a street in Georgetown when 2 guys and a girl came out of a bar. 1 of the guys turned and punched the wall in front of me, so I said to him, "Yeah, punch that wall!" Apparently, thems fightin' words. The other guy got up in my friend's face while the wallpuncher got up in my face and said something like, "What, punch you in the face?" I calmly responded to him, "Look, you're dumb. Police drive by here all the time." And right on fucking cue, a police car pulled over, 2 or 3 cops jumped out and asked if there was a problem. One of the people told them that we were all friends and were just fucking around. That satisfied the cops and we went our separate ways.

Only once but it wasnt really a fight. Cousin got into a heated argument with this guy. And his friend went to hit my cousin over the head with a beer bottle. I cold clocked him in the jaw before it happened and lights out for that guy. Got kicked outta the bar for 6 months. No biggie not really a bar drinker anyway.

I have been in hundreds of bars, and I can probably the count the number of bar fights I have seen on one hand. And they were nothing big.

I've seen major beatdowns elsewhere though. I've seen a lot beatdowns on beaches. Cuz that is where we partied when I was younger. And you can gang beat a guy to within an inch of his life, and get away with it, and nobody tries to break it up. lol

Yes unfortunately. Some little scrote came up and startled on me,what I didn't know was his mate had come up behind me with a bottle. Anyway, I'm telling short ass to go pick on someone else,his buddy ups and smashes the bottle over my head. Que absolute mayhem,all his mates jump in, all mine come charging in,all the bouncer came charging in and it has to this day,been the nastiest brawl I've had the misfortune of being involved in. Yes I got stitches,12 of em. No I didn't go out,and yes I did hurt the guy that came up and started it all. To this day I have never found out who it wa that hit me with the the bottle.

Never had to throw down as an adult.

Had to put some drunk dude in a wrist lock once though. He was groping my buddies GF quite badly. My buddy wasn't there so I felt I had to do something. Wasn't very impressive admittedly. I had like 10 inches and 50 pounds on the guy.

I was at bar one time.... all different races of people were there.
A bunch of these guys wanted to fight with me because they were intimidated of my leather 8-Ball jacket:

il_570xN.301281484.jpg

Now I was just standing at the bar and could only see them (17 of them) sneaking up from behind me by watching their image on a mirror behind the bar.

So they don't even think I knew they were coming up on me.

So I remove my leather 8-ball jacket and just started doing some shadow boxing.... acting like I was completely unware of these 23+ guys creeping up on me.

So I throw an uppercut:

shadowboxing2.jpg

Then a right cross:

shadowboxing1.jpg

Then two more upper cuts:

shadowboxing2.jpg

shadowboxing2.jpg

Switch to southpaw and I toss out a right jab:

bolopunch2.jpg

I check the mirro again and all I see is these 37 guys just shaking their heads saying stuff like "not worth it", "I'm not looking to die today", "my wife's pregnant.... and I want my son to have a father and to know he was a noble man", "I don't need to have my orbitals cracked", "I've come to my senses", "I was hoping to be an accomplished playwright.... getting my eyes punched out of their sockets would sideline that dream".

Stuff like that.

So I was alittle relieved I didn't need to kill anyone with my boxing prowess.

But in the fury of my shadow boxing I accidently landed a few clean shots on the bartender. Unintentionally breaking his jaw and spirit and trust in the goodness of mankind. But he said he understood that it had to happen. He said he held no ill-will towards me..... he said he was honestly terrified to hold any ill-will towards me. I told him I completely understood.

I never got in a fight in my life and I almost got in a fight at the mall of all places last week.

I was walking with my girlfriend and she asked if I wanted to see a movie so I whipped out my phone and opened up the cineplex app to look at movie schedules. Well as I took my phone out some guy walked into me as he was balancing his ipad in one hand and smartphone in the other. We didn't quite walk into each other since we noticed each other at the last second thanks to our peripheral visions and attempted to move out of the way, only to collide shoulder to shoulder. Now he was tall and lanky and I'm shorter but have wide shoulders and a decent build so I barely moved while he stumbled with his phone and it dropped. He turns around and calls me an asshole and walks off (looked like a 20 year old douche. He had shades on and a flat cap turned at an angle, and way too many electronics in his hands). So I yell out "EXCUSE ME?!" and I start walking toward him but some lady put herself in between him and I and told me to let it go cause he's mad at himself for dropping his phone.

I've had similar situations in the past where people have called me names or just wanted to fight in a bar but I was able to deal with it calmly. I think that cause I was with my gf it made me want to pound on this guy. My gf clung onto me and begged me not to fight. I don't blame her, I was in a mall and there were kids. I had tunnel vision and it was the first time in my life I almost got in a fight. Once my gf told me I was going to destroy the guy I felt ok. It completely diffused me. So weird. And yes I am ashamed.

lol, i don't why but i thought this was a funny story.

never been in a fight at a bar or club, most fights happened at house parties.

craziest one was my brother's 21st b-day party we had a keg party at these college apartments. my brother and i walked outside to smoke and like 5 locals were stomping his best friend. we started fighting them and all of our friends ran outside and got in it too. there was people all spread out in the parking lot fighting. i swear each local got ko'd at least 3 times but they kept regrouping and coming back. it ended when one guy almost got ran over.

I once witnessed a fight and it ended up being one of the coolest/funniest things. It was at a fairly new bar in the Portland area and a fight broke out between two guys. Both guys had friends that joined in and the fight started to spill out into the parking lot. Me and the gal I was with decided we would get out of there. I kept her close to keep her safe. As we get to the door there are already about 8 cops there cuffing the group of fighters and were also pushing around others. I normally do not have a problem with cops but some of these guys were being jerks. There was one cop who was trying to get people to move along who were coming out of the door. He had his Control Baton out and was using it to push people along and sometimes jabbing it into people’s ribs. I and the girl I was with get out without him touching me but there was a guy behind me who I heard say “Get your fucking stick out of my ribs”. The cop in return said “I’ll fucking crack you across your skull if you don’t shut up”. The guy pulled out his wallet and flipped it open and said, “Federal Agent, I’d like to see you try” The cop had a look on his face like he just got nailed in the ass. Then most of the crowd outside started laughing.

Went to a club and met up with an old girlfriend, which I was then dating her best friend, so I figured might as well get in her good graces as well so I bought her some drinks to have some laughs.

I was soon reminded why we broke up, she began talking shit about her friend (my girlfriend) for going on an hour before I finally had enough. I asked her 'Where did you graduate from?' She said SouthEast high school. And I replied 'I've always wondered where you went to learn how to be such a ****.'

She stormed off and whined to her bull dyke friend that happened to be there, a 250 pound bull dyke. A lesion that's really puts forth the effort to look like a man because they never did really look like a woman. The bull dyke sneaks up on me at the bar and hits me right in the back of the head, a coward's attack, and as big as she was I think that was the first punch she ever threw in her life and though it hurt, it wasn't even close to what it should have done. Basically she tried to wrestle me to the ground and failed, because her shoulder, arms, and head are around my waist I lay down a few elbows to the back of the bull dyke's head... as best as I can describe it is how Barnett/Browne ended, except it was closer to a dozen elbows.

Security got involved finally, and separated us. One of the guards asked 'How could you do that to a woman?' And I responded 'That's a woman?' Long story short, I was asked to leave by the owner after listening to my ex-gf and the bull dyke's story, he didn't give a shit about mine because it's all about appearances, pathetic.

Anyway, the club was raided a month later due to teenage drinking and taxes. So at least I have that satisfaction.

Never saw my ex or the bull dyke again. Thankfully.

When I was younger I was probably involved in about 20. I was never the person who started them, though. Usually my drunk friends.

Only one real bar fight.

Had been drinking all morning and afternoon - watching my team's college football game in a bar near campus instead of going to the game. So I was lit. We lost a tightly contested game to Michigan, who is my most hated college program, so I was pissed. A Michigan fan walked by me and made some very passive aggressive cocky douchebag comment. This is something I'm fairly used to and can handle...I go to a lot of sporting events as a fan of the visiting team and I can always deflect the shit talking that gets thrown my way and always stay out of trouble. Whatever this guy said just pissed me off something fierce though, and hit me at the exact wrong time of drunken anger over our loss. So he was walking by, made his comment, and I slapped him in the back of the head, knocking his hat off his head. He turned toward me and approached, ready to tell me off or something and I just made the instant decision to light him up before we could talk things over. I hit him right in the nose, then pushed him down and went Carwin/Lesnar on him as he tried to cover up in the corner for a few seconds before getting up and running off, because I knew the bouncers and police would be coming soon. That was it.

Every other near-fight I've been in or close to, I try my damndest to break up.

Ive had more club/bar fights than you've had hot dinners ts.

#keyboardwarriorlyf

Back