Have you ever gone on a tour of your own city?

One year my roommate and his girlfriend took me to Pier 39 for my birthday and we did the San Francisco Dungeon place.
It's cool, you go beneath the streets down by the docks and they give you a tour of how crazy San Francisco was in the 1800's.
Like there was a pirate named Shanghai Kelly who owned some bars in SF in the 1800's. He would drug travelers and sell them to slave ships. So you'd go drink in a bar near the docks and wake up chained on a ship going out to sea.

https://www.thedungeons.com/san-francisco/whats-inside/experience-overview/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Kelly_(crimper)

Loose women, good art shows, great food, and scenario worth photographing and showing off to people who haven’t been.
Yes on Loose women,
not really an art fan, but yes also.
food, 100%
but don't go on the Grandes Allées for this,
it's just a trap for tourist.
stay downtown, On St-Joseph Street.
You can have anything from French Cuisine, to Ramen Shop.
Also a Bar / Club every 100m.

Life was wayyyy Better before Covid tho.

I suppose so. I live in a tourist city but it isn't a large city to tour. I tried once to bike around the area and came close but wore myself out in the end.

I’ve driven all around the 5 mile radius, does that count?

I’m back living in my hometown. And I grew up downtown as a skater I toured it almost everyday, and I take hikes in the mountains several times a year.

I avoid downtown like the plague now though. There’s a population of 4K, but we get over 12 million tourist a year. So it’s a clusterfuck tourist trap.

actually yes.

It was kinda refreshing and interesting imo.
I recommend knowing your own city better.

A lot of people take tours when they go to other countries, but have you bothered to do one in your own city? Like Injust fucking realized that I don’t really even know the city…

I use to know the history, but forgot it. Never really knew the city…

Only when I’ve had visitors for work or family. It’s a good excuse to look around, helps you appreciate where you live

Yes! NYC Gangster Tour is awesome - Little Italy / Chinatown / Five Points

Back