Have you ever gone on a tour of your own city?

SugarKrok

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
A lot of people take tours when they go to other countries, but have you bothered to do one in your own city? Like Injust fucking realized that I don’t really even know the city…

I use to know the history, but forgot it. Never really knew the city…

Lol, I've taken a trolly tour here for the hell of it.

When I lived in Chicago I went on a gangster tour.

Québec City isn't a huge city compared to other big city in north America
(Only About 700k peoples)

There's not a corner of my city I never been/know.

I visited Quebec City once and loved it. Great little city, unique in North America as far as I know.

I don’t live in a city myself and I haven’t been on any tours here lol.

My family has lived in Austin for over 40 years. There are 4 generations of us here. I have never taken a tour. Might have to put it on the list.

<JackieThumbsUp>

Nope.

I just stick to locations and routes where I have to do stuff in my everyday life. There are more places where I haven't been than I have, and I don't really care to find out. I'm mostly clueless about what's going on outside the city center and few select locations.

My vlillage I know completely though. Only takes about an hour and a half to slowly walk through.

I’ll take a tour if it starts at the airstrip

sc600x600.jpg

My vlillage I know completely though. Only takes about an hour and a half to slowly walk through.

90 mins to slowly walk through a village ? Are you spending 85 minutes in the pubs ?

90 mins to slowly walk through a village ? Are you spending 85 minutes in the pubs ?

It's 3 kilometers from one side to another, which isn't that small, but only about 1000 people live here, so officially it counts as a village. People don't live closely packed. My closest neighbour house is at least a 5 minute walk away from me.

Not a single pub in here, which is good for me, because I struggle with alcohol.

<Fedor23>

Last edited:
It's 3 kilometers from one side to another, which isn't that small, but only about 1000 people live here, so officially it counts as a village. People don't live closely packed like in western europe. My closest neighbour house is at least a 5 minute walk away from me.

Not a single pub in here, which is good for me, because I struggle with alcohol.

<Fedor23>

Ah, right , cool.

I walk the dogs around the entire perimeter of my village everyday. I see a lot of roadkill.

Nope.

The only tour I had ever been on was at Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, when I was a kid on a family trip. The dickhead driving the bus/trolley, and narrating the tour, was yelling at me because I was resting my elbow on the sill of the window. The pa system sounded like a fast food drive-thru speaker. "Baaa-baaa, bup, baa-baah. Baaaah! Baaaah!" He stopped the trolley and made me get off. I wasn't being difficult. I couldn't understand anything that was said. My parents and sister had to follow suit. My sister was a total bitch and mentioned that I had "ruined everything". Because she was upset, my parents go upset.

A bit later, we were walking around the docks. There was an organ grinder with a capuchin monkey. My mother gave my sister some coins to give to the monkey. I was minding my own business until the little bastard tugged on my shorts for money. I didn't want anything to do with it, and my dickhead family put me in a bad mood. I yelled at the monkey and it scurried off. My sister made this whole production about it.

Last edited:
There's clearly parts that my kind are not welcome in unless they are looking for drugs and look like junkies. So, no. Also nothing to see and we have the worst drivers in the nation.

Nope. I have never done that. To be honest, I don’t even think they have tours of my city. My city does absolutely everything it can to remain unappealing to tourism. It’s insane. They attempt to stifle any new development, kill any economic development, and refuse to do anything to attract tourism.

Im in Montréal. I’ve had multiple opportunities to get up to Quebec City, like friends were driving down, but haven’t bothered. Am I missing anything?

Nope. I have never done that. To be honest, I don’t even think they have tours of my city. My city does absolutely everything it can to remain unappealing to tourism. It’s insane. They attempt to stifle any new development, kill any economic development, and refuse to do anything to attract tourism.

detroit?
There's clearly parts that my kind are not welcome in unless they are looking for drugs and look like junkies. So, no. Also nothing to see and we have the worst drivers in the nation.

What do you expect to happen if you go on a tour of your city? Are the tour guides going to lynch you?

Im in Montréal. I’ve had multiple opportunities to get up to Quebec City, like friends were driving down, but haven’t bothered. Am I missing anything?
Yes, depend what you are looking for I guess.

Back