Have you ever fallen in love with a sub?

The inverted armbar. I love it because no-one really expects it and some people don't even know about it.

i personally have always love the triangle choke, but recently have started to "fall in love" with the darce!

Does that make Rickson married to an armbar.

I do a pretty good americana from the mounted crucifix position.

I love the armbar from back mount. It's the first thing I learned actually. I like heel hooks, too, but it's kind of awkward.

Triangle from guard is my current love.

I know it's silly, but I have short legs (I'm ~5' 6"), so I've had to put a lot of work into it to get it to work. Lately it's been clicking nicely.

Triangle from guard is my current love.

I know it's silly, but I have short legs (I'm ~5' 6"), so I've had to put a lot of work into it to get it to work. Lately it's been clicking nicely.

Have you seen that video of Renzo showing how to triangle bigger guys? The one where he's saying "If I smell my knee, I'm in trouble?" If not, do a little search on YouTube. Someone posted it on here the other week and it's pretty useful, might improve your triangle even more.

Coming from a Judo background, straight arm bars were my wife for a long time.

Now that I've developed my guard with BJJ, we're in a polyamorous relationship with Triangle. They share, and sometimes I get one from the other.

I've been going trough a lot of phases. First it was armbars, then it was triangles. Right now it's guillotines, reverse guillotine, and the keylock from scarf. Always loved hitting gogoplatas, but I usually settle for the omoplata.

Omoplata is probably my favorite

My other favorite is probably the Garden burger sub with everything on it.

Back