Have you ever fallen in love with a sub?

triangle all day.

hate the armbar. I feel like it gives up far too much for the percentages I get using it.

all kind of submission,except Americana
i feel kinda cheap when i pull an Americana

I used to and still do love the triangle choke, but found that since my legs aren't too long, it's just not the most smart idea for me to try and hit it. On the flip side, once I do get it locked in my short legs cause an immense amount of pressure, which usually gets me the tap.

My current favorite is the anaconda, especially getting them from sprawls. Prefer it much more than a guillotine because I can sometimes get it without even needing to turn to the side and do the rolling bit, and worst case scenario I'd rather be in that position than on my back.

I love wrist-locks. They make me giggle maniacally when I get them (which isn't very often).

Otherwise I like the paper cutter from side control a lot. Highest percent is the armbar, but for some reason it's just not very satisfying.

Baseball bat choke from knee on belly.

Bow and arrow choke from back and S-mount.

The triangle was my first, but lately I've been loving the D'arce. Mostly when a guy tries to escape side control, but from top half guard and top of turtle as well.

I am currently loving the arm triangle. But my first love will always be the RNC, just for pure "ownership" of the training partner. Also quiznoes black angus steak sub is infinitely better than any Subway sub. I used to work at a sub shop and my favorite creation was a meatball/pepperoni/crushed red pepper/sweet smoky bbq sauce/provolone cheese sub. Sweet & Spicy meatball ;)

Gi chokes. Any gi chokes. I've been no gi about 95% of my grappling journey, but I do have a gi and I brought it to our little informal grappling group. Been wanting to play with that lately. I've never seen chokes that literally a 9 year old could put you to sleep with they are so efficient. I don't think there is anything in no gi that matches that efficiency. It's magnificent.

I'm in love with the beach club sub from Jimmy John's. Turkey, provolone, guacamole, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, sprouts, and mayo. I eat there for lunch like three days a week.

large_beach_club.jpg

In BJJ I have brief flings with different subs but I tend to prefer chokes from top position. Cross-collar choke, baseball bat choke, arm triangle choke, brabo choke. That other thread reminded me that I really need to work on my no-gi brabo/d'arce choke, I think that will be my next obsession.

I love the North/South Choke, and the Juji-Gatame from Guard or the Omoplata. I also love the RNC, and the Arm-Triangle. I would love the triangle, if only I had legs long enough to hit it regularly.

recently ive had a 90% success rate with the armbar or keylock from the scarfhold position

Omoplata and straight ankle lock. They tend to avoid each other, no one gets jealous.

My favorite is the Hip bump sweep to triangle if they post, which they always seem to do till I catch them with it the first few times.

I like the Boar's Head Ultimate from Publix supermarket - in the Southern US. I add Banana peppers, lettuce, tomato, mustard, and swiss cheese (sometimes white american). Delicious.

I love the far-side armbar. Triangle is my mistress.

I'm in love with the beach club sub from Jimmy John's. Turkey, provolone, guacamole, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, sprouts, and mayo. I eat there for lunch like three days a week.

large_beach_club.jpg

In BJJ I have brief flings with different subs but I tend to prefer chokes from top position. Cross-collar choke, baseball bat choke, arm triangle choke, brabo choke. That other thread reminded me that I really need to work on my no-gi brabo/d'arce choke, I think that will be my next obsession.
Dammit, I love those. I haven't had a decent sandwich in over two year unless I make one myself.
Oh yeah, submission...I love triangles.

Back