Have you ever been rocked so hard that...

mcdonkey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
For a second there, you ask yourself, "is this really what I choose to do?" Is this type of thing even common? :icon_conf

I sparred a college football player last night and I got rocked with a freaking jab. I asked myself that very question. Then I thought, "This is going to be a long night."

it's what you think after the initial shock goes away lol. Do you think, "shit not again, oh god please!!" or "my turn"...flight or fight, my man

More like "where the hell am i" running for about 10 secs, That`s the most common people say

Never from getting rocked, but I asked myself that after my third or fourth time sparring when I got my nose broke.

But I was at the gym the very next day with my face all swollen up. Couldn't spar but could still hit the bags and do cardio :)

"I just took his best shot, time to return the favor twice as strong"

Not really. Whenever I've been rocked I just started firing back trying to keep my hands coming back to my chin.

But I have been GnP so badly, while having my submissions stuffed, that I had to ask myself that question. I really don't think there's any shame in it, it's just how you choose to deal with it. Everyone will have to think about it at some point.

It's usually a long, continuous ass kicking that makes me reconsider my "hobby" rather than a single shot.

i thought i was the only one to ask myself that.. i was so ashamed i instantly fired back.. it helped that my opponent was not only bigger than i, but also a pro..

It's mostly the ridiculous dieting and the fact that I can never just do things normally, like go out and have a beer with my friends, that make me think that. Getting rocked I always just switch into survival mode though.

The hardest I ever got rocked was by my friend's (amateur boxer) UNTRAINED cousin.

I'm a small dude like Zambidis size but lighter.

This guy maybe 5'7, 150 at most...

Dude's right straight was like a train from hell. (he didn't know what light sparring meant)

This punch still the most that I got "HURT" from, more than the headkicks I suffered at my Muay Thai gym to this date (I've been rocked about 3 times from headkicks at this current gym).

sounds weird but true.

RESPECT THE POWER OF ANYONE

It's usually a long, continuous ass kicking that makes me reconsider my "hobby" rather than a single shot.

Agreed! There are plenty of days when I ask myself "Why the fuck didnt i just take up Golf or Tennis, getting the shit beat out of me for sport.... i must be out my damn mind?" ......... Then a lazy grin comes across my face and I start looking forward to doing it all over again! Ehhh, it starts as a hobby but eventually becomes a habit!

Back