Have you ever been mistaken for a celebrity? If so which one and how did it go?

Me and my ex went to Beijing in the summer of 2009. We were walking near the olympic area and a bunch of chinese people approached and asked to take pictures with us. It was like 10 people...

So either they mistook us for some celebrity couple or they were tourists from some chinese village, where they have never seen a white person before, so they took pictures with us because we were exotic or something.

It was a weird experience, especially because neither of us look anywhere close to anyone famous.

I had long hair and a mustache and I was consistently mistake for "Earl". Not Jason Lee, but Earl.

A lot of TSA workers watch that show.

I was told I look like rich franklin in the change room after BJJ class

I don't

Back in the 1980s, I used to get told that I looked a lot like Kevin Bacon & it certainly helped with the ladies back around the time that FOOTLOOSE was popular.
IMG_20170930_181310.jpg
Then, by the time the mid to late '90s came around I used to get told that I was the spitting image of Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I chose this pic to illustrate that because at the event that this photo was taken at an individual initially thought I was lying when I told him that I wasn't Flea. Of course, he was drunk at the time so we all had a laugh out of it.
IMG_20190301_202436.jpg

One time I was at a pistons game getting a hot dog. I spilled some mustard on my Nike shirt, next thing I know I see a bunch of Asians taking pictures of me saying “ooh Michael Jordan!”
Everyone was looking. It was humiliating
Messed up thing is I’m not even fast and explosive , and I have hair

I get mistaken for a better looking Freddie Prinz, Jr all the time.

2 weeks ago a random dude was convinced I'm a famous Rockstar so I just played along and took a photo with him.
<Fedor23>

when i was younger and they were a thing, i got jordan knight quite a bit. ugh

In 2001, I was in 17 years old and working at a grocery store and bagging groceries, had long hair that went down to my shoulders.

I swear, at least every week for months I received a compliment I looked like Tom Cruise.

mission-impossible-2-106.jpg

I never saw it, but I received that 'compliment' so often from different customers it became weird.

Probably one of the reasons why I began shaving my head.

Now I'm only compared to other bald celebrities.

"Hey, you look like the [Fill In The Blank Of Any White Male Bald Celebrity]" I've heard it at least once in the last 17 years.

Yeah an Aussie rugby league player johnathon Thurston. This was when I was 22-24 I think.

I was smashed at this house party going to go get cigarettes from a service station and this guy outside walking the streets going home from the pub goes ‘oh holy shit your JT!! Can I get a pic with ya!?’ And I straight away deny it because I’m off my fucking rocker on mdma and booze and some other pills, and then he is like ‘nah, yeah you are!’ We we’re walking the same direction and he was walking closer to me and I was in some light under a street light and he is like ‘oooh haha you arent JT!’ And I’m like lol told ya, then we had a smoke together and a brief chat before we went on our seperate ways.

Another time I was 16 and hungover as fuck after a school formal, I stayed at the house of the chick I went with. I was going back to the train station and when I got there this guy thought I was mark philippoussis who is an Aussie tennis player who at the time would have been 28, so it was a bit weird for some dude to think I was him when I was just 16. Same story I told him nah mate that ain’t me buddeh.

When I was a young kid, people used to say I looked like Harry Potter because I wore glasses and had a similar scar on my forehead. They were taking the piss, but I'll take that over looking like the ginger lad.

Happens a lot actually, because i bear a striking resemblance to Charlize Theron

in Monster

One time I was at a pistons game getting a hot dog. I spilled some mustard on my Nike shirt, next thing I know I see a bunch of Asians taking pictures of me saying “ooh Michael Jordan!”
Everyone was looking. It was humiliating
Messed up thing is I’m not even fast and explosive , and I have hair

lol

I went to a Star Wars convention and loads of people kept complimenting me on my Jabba the Hutt costume. Bastards, I wasn't in fancy dress.

I went to a Star Wars convention and loads of people kept complimenting me on my Jabba the Hutt costume. Bastards, I wasn't in fancy dress.
i fucking hate when that happens.

I get mistaken for Ron Jeremy all the time

People everywhere think I'm UberTS.

Last edited:
Back