Have you done your taxes yet?

I decided to try and do my taxes for free this year with H&R Block.. It was simple enough. I made pretty much the same amount of $ as I did previous years and none of my circumstances have changed. Everything identical to last year. I got all the way to the end and supposedly I OWE the Fed $150 and get a Refund from the State for $250 lol... So a a overall refund of $100.

This is drastically different from the previous 4 years of using a Certified Accountant.. Usually my Fed Return is $150 and state $400... A Difference of +$400 from previous years when my Accountant did them!

H&R Block are obviously getting a piece of the pie from the IRS when it comes to people filing their taxes online for free.. There is no way it could be that drastically different from previous years.. I've never owed $ on a Federal return.. I immediately deleted the account after 45 minutes wasted, fuck that. Crooks. I'll be calling up my usual Certified Accountant to make an appointment and pay the $60 fee to have him work his magic.

Why is anybody waiting for paperwork from an employer, at least in the US. Federal law requires them to get it to you by Jan 31st.

I haven't done mine yet but I might not have to file because I'm old.

Back