Have you done your taxes yet?

I don't see why you guys wouldn't want to do your returns. I get at least 2 grand a year back, and with an ABN you can make that much more. I'm going to really play it this year and look for 3-4 grand back

oh, i was referring to how you called it H&R Black.

but yeah, way too many variables to do it myself.

my accountant only charges me 75 and does some wizardry with claims and breaks.
Damn only $75. You know the saying, you get what you pay for. Our lowest rate is $190.00 he is way under charging for his services.

my mom is a licensed tax person and my sister is an accountant who knows how to do them. SO i get them done for free every year and i usually do them immediately. I have been getting around 2k back the last few years but this past year i got a promotion at work and moved into a new tax bracket so now im getting 300$ back which means im no longer excited about tax season.

xV3sl.gif

19U3i.gif

The only doc I'm waiting for is the one for my $60/month for having a child.

I am getting impatient. I want to do my taxes. I always get several thousand back.

Did it over the weekend. Just want my refund so I can waste a bunch of it on ketamine like a dummy.

I went to H&R Block one year for a simple tax return. I was young and had never done my taxes before, so I just wanted to get it out of the way. It cost $72 (out of the $150 or so I was to get back from the govt).

The worst part, though, was I took it to the H&R Block booth because I wanted to be lazy and have them blow through it quickly and easily instead of me doing it. But apparently they had different ideas.

Even though it was extremely tiny yearly earnings (VERY little money made that year from only a single source) and a straight forward standard return, the H&R rep decided to pretend it was an extremely complex ITEMIZED return and literally interrogate me for 1 hr 45 minutes over every question he could think of, repeating all the same questions THREE or more TIMES, like he was trying to catch me lying. The answer to every question was "NO" because I had no deductions and no other income to report. I answered "NO" literally 300 times ("do you own any properties, do you have any winnings from gambling, etc. etc. (repeat)" in a row for something I could have done myself in 23 minutes and saved half my return $.

Sometimes I wonder if that particular rep was trying to teach me a valuable lesson about going to H&R Block for a simple return or @ all, like he was mad at me for being dumb enough to blow half my return and 8x my time (his unnecessary fault) for something so simple. Lesson learned. F*ck that guy

Last edited:
I'm in the UK so mine just comes straight out of my wages each month, easy!

Damn only $75. You know the saying, you get what you pay for. Our lowest rate is $190.00 he is way under charging for his services.

close personal friend / univeristy roommate - CA / Senior Manager at a big firm. I think hes a safe bet.

Waiting for wife's T4 and some stuff from the banks

That summed up my situation. I did 4 years at once, but my total income was only around 40k a year at the time. No chance I could get away with not filing for that long now.

Same here. I did four years back when I first started working when I was younger. Don't even think I was making 30K. Nowadays, they'd probably come to my house with a shotgun if I was a day late.

Just to give an example, a former co-worker didn't pay his taxes for awhile. They garnished his wages SEVERELY. He's in his 50s. Lost his nice house and his car and the last time I heard from him, he lives in a studio in the ghetto and they're garnishing his wages til he dies. He will never recover. He will die miserably, in debt to the IRS.

What do you think to H and R block? I've been told they're really useless
Depends on what you're using them for really. For me it's just convenience. I know how to do it, it's just easier to take it to them, and they do guarantee their work. You could probably get the same level of success for cheaper just buying turbotax or similar software.

I did mine via Turbo Tax on the 5th...took me all of 20 minutes.

Got my Federal return on the 12th.

Did mine last month and already got my returns.

Back