Have you done your taxes yet?

Yes and I fucked mine up. And it's taking forever to approve my "original return." In the past decade, it's only taken 2-3 days after being accepted for my tiny ass refund to be approved. It's no been a week and a half and it's still not approved. Which means I have to cancel my trip to Charleston to see Garth Brooks this weekend. Which fucking sucks.

I also realized I left something off my health care portion (Premium Tax Credit info) which the damn program kept asking me about before finalizing. I was in such a rush to finish it I ignored it. But entering that info increased my tiny $432 return by $713. That's great and all but I had to amend my return and mail in some more forms. It takes 8-12 weeks to process that. I really thought I was going to have a great weekend and also pay off one of my credit cards. Nope.

Why not? What types of topics do you want to see? Mayberry is a discussion forum for every topic you can think of. From girlfriends, computers, phones, wizards, taxes, food, movies, comics, anime, random news stories. Look at the main page of Mayberry and see the the topics are not confined to any particular range.
Thanks for giving me a place to vent.

Why not? What types of topics do you want to see? Mayberry is a discussion forum for every topic you can think of. From girlfriends, computers, phones, wizards, taxes, food, movies, comics, anime, random news stories. Look at the main page of Mayberry and see the the topics are not confined to any particular range.

I know it's a discussion forum for every topic under the sun it's just you used to make threads about cool stuff and this kind of thing is boring.

At one point I went seven years without filing a tax return and they never came after me.

Needless to say, I'm not in any hurry.

Man I did mine like the second week of January and I still haven't gotten my federal back. My sister and her husband did theirs last weekend and their check was deposited this morning.

The IRS can suck my dick. Thanks Obama!

Every year I ask myself, why do I continue to do personal tax returns...

I see some of the most shady ass clients imaginable.

I think this is my last year.

oh, i was referring to how you called it H&R Black.

but yeah, way too many variables to do it myself.

my accountant only charges me 75 and does some wizardry with claims and breaks.

I got luckily and did pretty well last year. So we went and had ours done. I did a preliminary calculation and it came out that I was going to owe $10k. But once a professional finished I got BACK $13k.

Needless to say I didn't make that money in accounting.

W2s still coming in from clients. One of the drawbacks of self employment. Also sucks because I have a pile of money I can't touch till they are done.

No. It's going to an established business entity rather than the imaginary one invented by my typo.

And if you're going to do it, do it right

xV3sl.gif

Am I imagining things when I remember you as a Jewish guy with a black gf in Harlem?

Thanks for the heads up wow.

Man I did mine like the second week of January and I still haven't gotten my federal back. My sister and her husband did theirs last weekend and their check was deposited this morning.

The IRS can suck my dick. Thanks Obama!
At least I'm not alone one the wait then. Makes me feel a little better.

At one point I went seven years without filing a tax return and they never came after me.

Needless to say, I'm not in any hurry.

So in other words, you were poor, and they didn't care to remind you of the money they owed you?

You guys that haven't should get your taxes in order. I've known way too many people who got royally screwed later on in life because of it.

So in other words, you were poor, and they didn't care to remind you of the money they owed you?
That summed up my situation. I did 4 years at once, but my total income was only around 40k a year at the time. No chance I could get away with not filing for that long now.

I'm so lazy and hate organizing my paper work so much that I haven't done my taxes in 2 years. I have about $15,000 just sitting there collecting interest for the government.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back