Have you been enjoying the ufcs quality programming lately?

I liked that they used Britney Palmer last card. She’s still smoking.

If I had to nitpick something, it's the same commercials being repeated on the ESPN+ cards. How come we can't get to watch what happens in-between rounds?

... And I don't mean the cards I mean the way they program viewers through celebrity tweets (that sometimes have the clear loser as winning the fight in progress)...do they use some tweets to help further confuse and blur the line of who is clearly winning the fight? I saw a tweet or two this last fight card that had the wrong dude as winning and it was evident (can't remember which one, it was some prelim bout I think).

Perception steering and obfuscation

Also showing the gambling odds during the fights? What's the real purpose behind that? Isn't that a conflict of interest at the very least? Pretty unethical isn't it?

I assume showing the odds is market research says a high percentage of their audience bet on it. It is super common in Australia and happens in all the major sports. I notice American football does it too, but the NBA doesn't.

The tweets, I think it is fine to show a range of opinions. It is obvious that is a person's personal opinion not that of the the judges. I assumed they did this because the fighters can't come to the fight to get their camera time. It is a way to get people remembering fighters names. They are always either fighters with upcoming fights or fighters with large followings. Just a marketing tool. Personally it doesn't bother me and while I don't think it adds that much to the fight, it gives them something to show when they would often show crowd shots.

I am a little curious if they schedule them before the fight, like the tell the fighter they have to tweet on this fight at this time. I am a little curious how many just tweet the one shown on TV but not the right of the fights.

... And I don't mean the cards I mean the way they program viewers through celebrity tweets (that sometimes have the clear loser as winning the fight in progress)...do they use some tweets to help further confuse and blur the line of who is clearly winning the fight? I saw a tweet or two this last fight card that had the wrong dude as winning and it was evident (can't remember which one, it was some prelim bout I think).

Also showing the gambling odds during the fights? What's the real purpose behind that? Isn't that a conflict of interest at the very least? Pretty unethical isn't it?
how bout the stupid commercial they play over and over again on repeat with kimbo and nick diaz

I hate the tweets so much. No doubt there are certain tweets they will pick to help whatever narrative they want. Fighting odds are relative because a lot of people gamble on fights. I do and it makes it WAYYYYY more fun. Just make sure you pay all your bills first. No more then $20 a card.

It's the same BS as Rogan claiming every fighter is "world class" and "top of the food chain" in X. Some of the posters have responded they don't even notice the tweets. They're the same types that get hypnotized at a hypnotist comedy show.

Makes you wonder what sort of messages are in the flicker of the broadcasts.

It is an alternative to crowds. Dana hates virtual crowds. So tweets, some fan response, it is. It is also an incentive to get people watching, if there's a chance their social media post will be shown on a live broadcast with lots of viewers.

I don't like them. Just embrace the open mat martial arts feel. It won't last forever. Soon those drunken morons will be there yelling "Stand them up!" again.

Last edited:
"I watch the #UFC" - Paris Hilton
Shit's infuriating to say the least

I like the gambling odds. I think it keeps commentary bias in check. When bisping is going off about how someone is doing no damage, or not effective and he’s obviously wrong, anik pulls up the betting odds and bisping backs down realizing not everyone in the world agrees with what he’s saying.

I like the gambling odds. I think it keeps commentary bias in check. When bisping is going off about how someone is doing no damage, or not effective and he’s obviously wrong, anik pulls up the betting odds and bisping backs down realizing not everyone in the world agrees with what he’s saying.
Do you remember some moments this happened? Like, the gambling odds are shown and Bisping or other commentators backs down? Would be good if you provide for us to check.

Because what I see is commentating team giving 0 fucks every single time they are trying to change perception about specific fights, despite of this. They root for a fake winner despite the odds to force a narrative with the watching public. Not the commentators of course, but they represent people who have business with gambling. So, it's not unusual they faking a winner sometimes for "undisclosed reasons".

Last edited:
This is the future of Hollywood MMA, unfortunately. Soon belts and number-one contenders will be decided by a reality show and WME will start harvesting stars for their own media. They’ve played the long game so far but things are going to break in 2021

You’re a longtime fan and think betting odds are unethical? They’ve been in the UFC for years you fucking casual

This is the future of Hollywood MMA, unfortunately. Soon belts and number-one contenders will be decided by a reality show and WME will start harvesting stars for their own media. They’ve played the long game so far but things are going to break in 2021
I bet that’s what people were saying when the reality show called The Ultimate Fighter started... that it was some sort gimmick watering down MMA...

You’re a longtime fan and think betting odds are unethical? They’ve been in the UFC for years you fucking casual
Ladies and gentleman, and here we have the first typical asshole response from an d-bag that felt the need to insult someone gratuitously...

Have fun on my ignore list you fucking piece of shit

Back