Have you been enjoying the ufcs quality programming lately?

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
... And I don't mean the cards I mean the way they program viewers through celebrity tweets (that sometimes have the clear loser as winning the fight in progress)...do they use some tweets to help further confuse and blur the line of who is clearly winning the fight? I saw a tweet or two this last fight card that had the wrong dude as winning and it was evident (can't remember which one, it was some prelim bout I think).

Perception steering and obfuscation

Also showing the gambling odds during the fights? What's the real purpose behind that? Isn't that a conflict of interest at the very least? Pretty unethical isn't it?

... And I don't mean the cards I mean the way they program viewers through celebrity tweets (that sometimes have the clear loser as winning the fight in progress)...do they use some tweets to help further confuse and blur the line of who is clearly winning the fight? I saw a tweet or two this last fight card that had the wrong dude as winning and it was evident (can't remember which one, it was some prelim bout I think).

Also showing the gambling odds during the fights? What's the real purpose behind that? Isn't that a conflict of interest at the very least? Pretty unethical isn't it?
Don't show you are not controlled like the most out there, they are going to ban you asap. You can't show you have a good sense.

Very good post, I have been noticing this for a while. Including commentators rooting for the wrong winner and talking shit about the actual one, etc., etc. Dirty business as usual.

Last edited:

ok now I get the beef with this

I hear ya for sure.

But honestly, every time I watch fights with newbies they always ask who the favorite is and are interested about what the odds are. I think it just gives them a better feel of what they are watching.

Yes I have been enjoying it very much so, thank you.

I like most the commentators and the production is solid. I could do without the tweets but as mentioned in the other thread I barely even notice them anymore.

I honestly don't pay attention to them.

I don't use Twitter & don't gamble(much), but I can understand catering to people that are into that stuff.

Sports betting is one of the main things that has propelled the NFL to overtake MLB as America's game. They never talk about who will win or lose. Its always "The Whoevers are 8-1 against the spread in Dallas since 2016" or "They have been Over in 9 of their last 11" etc etc.

Try putting $5 on every fight on a card and see if you become more invested in the fights. I do it every time I am in Vegas for a card. It helps make meaningless fights more entertaining.

I hear ya for sure.
But honestly, every time I watch fights with newbies they always ask who the favorite is and are interested about what the odds are. I think it just gives them a better feel of what they are watching.

<PlusJuan> Like everything that's a part of mainstream media, it's all calculated to keep you involved. "You" as in the everyday casual.

The MSM media has had 70 solid years of practice programming their networks to cater to their viewers. It's all calculated, I guarantee they are not shooting all this extra garbage from the hip. It all has a purpose.

I tune it all out and focus on the fights just like I do with my old girl at night when I sit on the couch after a long day at work and she wants to tell me how her day went.

giphy.gif

The tweets can be annoying at times, yes, but I get that they're a way to pique the interest of those who are new to the sport ("Fuck, Maisie Williams is a fan of this Nurmagolomedov dude?! He must be good, huh? Or a blue - blood swordsmith!")

I ignore all that shit and pay attention to the fights.
Ignore it? Why ignore it when that is what UFC wants you to watch? There is an obvious ulterior motive going on here and same with the pushing of the gambling aspect of it. The UFC isn't doing this for shits and giggles. $$$$

Plus we have seen the judges to be complete and utter trash. Wouldn't surprise me if some shady betting is going on where the UFC is skewing the odds to get more suckers to bet on the wrong guy.

Ignore it? Why ignore it when that is what UFC wants you to watch? There is an obvious ulterior motive going on here and same with the pushing of the gambling aspect of it. The UFC isn't doing this for shits and giggles. $$$$

Plus we have seen the judges to be complete and utter trash. Wouldn't surprise me if some shady betting is going on where the UFC is skewing the odds to get more suckers to bet on the wrong guy.
You're reaching, bud.

Bullshit. UFC isn't going to be giving out free tweet time just for the hell of it. Are you fucking stupid you goof?
Dana-White-Money.jpg
Take it easy, killer. The UFC obviously has a deal where they trade Reebok coupons for free tweet time.

It's terrible. From the social propaganda to "celebrity" comments and tweets as if I give a fuck what some actor thinks.

I stopped watching mainstream sports or this very reason. And I don't bother watching UFC events live anymore.

i don't like the pop-up tweets...they get in the way

These pandemic cards have been great.

I love the cards but that live twitter bullshit can take a one-way boat to fuck-offity land.

Back