Have you been attacked by a wild animal before?

I had an intense staredown with a goose once. I thought it was going to get crazy but he just flapped his wings and honked.

I had the left hook ready to go. Bitch knew.

I was attacked and pecked by a Wood Grouse when I was a small kid. It got in a few pecks but I was able to out run it.

I have also been chased by a moma moose but I think she gave up after just a few meters or I would probably have been stomped, I kept running for 200 meters. A friend of the family, just in the same neigborhood, was chased for several hundred meters by a moose that ran him over so he broke his arm. According the the guy the moose stood over him for 15 min while giving him the death stare.

Back when I was in high school I had a very scary situation with a pit bull. My friend's brother had one of those big head thick neck pit bulls and growing up in NYC all you would hear about is pit bulls attacking people. So one day I went to see if my friend was home. I would usually go through the backyard and knock on his back door. My friend's brother would usually have him on a leash but that day I guess he forgot to. So I walked halfway down the walkway when the dog ran at me and jumped on my leg. For a split second I thought I was going to get my leg all chewed up when I realized that the damn dog was humping my leg (pink thing was out). I grabbed him by the collar and threw him a couple of feet and ran out the gate like a gazelle running from a lion. To this day I can't believe I was almost raped by that gay ass pit bull.

Outside if bee/wasp stings and spider bites.. Delivered a pizza to an elder lady who had the dachshund from hell.. As soon as she opened the door the weiner went on a wild rampage and I decided to chase it down for her. Damn thing stopped and was acting all nice so I picked it up and it started biting the shit out of me so I smacked it. May have been the first time it's been thumped because the dog was chill and confused afterwards.

Had a bat go for my head a few times while doing some "paranormal research" in an abandoned and hard to get into hospital/crazy care center.

If we're counting anything that is home to a vagina as wild then yes I have been viciously attacked on numerous occasions.

A horse bit me on the thigh when I was 10. At a farm, not a wild horse.

A buddy and I were hiking and heard loud footsteps behind us. Turned around and there was a cow moose running toward us. Thing was like 30 feet from us. In a panic I tried to hide behind the nearest tree. When I turned to look the moose had taken a hard right and ran the other way. I pooped though...

There are some geese in the city park where I grew up that were highly protective of a portion of the pond. Enough people would feed them stale bread that they would chase you down if you didn't give them anything. I was running through the park on the 5k trail that looped around the pond for cross country practice with my team back in high school and about 6 of them ran up to us and started biting at us. They couldn't keep up for long since they were so lazy they couldn't fend for themselves. It got to be a bit of a challenge for us to see how many of them we could piss off on our daily run throughs. Animal control finally got rid of them after some kids were terrorized during a birthday party. Geese apparently don't hurt much when they bite, but when a bird as tall as your average 3 or 4 year old starts attacking kindergartners, it can get pretty weird.

Went into a bush to retrieve a baseball while at friends house when I was 13 and proceeded to be stung by a swarm of bees or wasps.

When I was around 5, I was going for a walk with my Baba (Croatian for Grandma) when a dog came out of nowhere, ran up to me, bit and held onto my leg. Luckily Baba kicked the dog a few times before it let go and ran off.

When I was a kid, about the same age as I my close encounter story, I was eating pb&j while standing outside the back door.

This weird squirrel started walking up at me, so I tossed it a piece. It runs away, then runs to the food, sniffs it, then starts back towards me. I threw another piece at it, which it ignored and kept walking towards me...

So I got scared and hid inside.

Went into a bush to retrieve a baseball while at friends house when I was 13 and proceeded to be stung by a swarm of bees or wasps.

When I was around 5, I was going for a walk with my Baba (Croatian for Grandma) when a dog came out of nowhere, ran up to me, bit and held onto my leg. Luckily Baba kicked the dog a few times before it let go and ran off.

*sigh* good ol baba.

Saw some yellow eyes in the woods late at night. In a park called wolf den state park. Too dark to see it's body, but we got the fuck out of there.

I saw a pair of yellow eyes once as well. It was next to my tent though, maybe 30 feet into the woods. I caught the eyes just for a second. When I brought the light back, the eyes were gone. I'm not even sure what kind of animal has yellow eyes. That's a wiki challenge.

there seems to be a few geese stories. they are lame.

An ostrich when delivering papers. Not exactly wild, but at least pretty crazy. "Chased" is probably more correct that "attacked", though.

Had a Mountain Lion charge and then stalk me, my dad, and my brother.
Was pretty frickin scary.

I got charged by a Rottweiler when I was going for a walk, but I caught him in the neck with my knife. He ran away, not sure what happened to him.

I've been swooped on by redwing blackbirds before. Those fuckers are mean. I swatted one out of the sky with a newspaper one time after it started coming at me. Felt like a boss.

Not really.. does a Canada Goose at a zoo as a kid count? Someone from my extended family got scalped by a bear and almost died while camping in a tent by a lake here.

Back