Have you become progressively meaner as you’ve gotten older or vice versa?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I sure have.

just been quicker to tell people to go Fuck themselves now that I’m in my 30s.

when I was a kid I was a lot kinder and sweeter.

life has made me a bit harder.

I have become a lot nicer, I was a mean/evil little kid. That's not to say that I don't get upset at people's stupidity and entitlement, but I think before I react.

Opposite for me. Calmer once I hit early to mid twenties. You go through a lot of shit that makes you open your eyes to lots of things.

Much calmer in my 40's. It takes a lot to get my Irish up at this point. I probably have as much or more contempt for most people, I just don't show it as much.

I've gotten nicer..

My life has improved in ways i wasn't equipped to imagine growing up and that has put things in perspective..

I'm a lot nicer to those who deserve it and a lot meaner to those who don't.

About 10 years ago I used a 'one size fits all' approach that swung wildly between nice and mean depending solely on my own emotional state. And that was really shitty of me.

If I had to throw a punch now... my shoulder would burst apart and my back would go out.
Takes quite a bit to set me off these days.

I've gotten nicer, though more easily triggered …. fucking prince and his bitch moving to my city and stealing my tax dollars for example

Nope, easier , wiser, and more serene..

Life beats us up, yes, but it’s important not to let it make us bitter (or at least, keep us that way).

If life is rough, and you turn into a weak broken pussy about it, then yes, you have lost.

However, if you instead respond to life’s occasional harshness by becoming super calloused, mean, and staying that way, then I believe you have also lost, in a different way. Because either way, you still allowed things to change you, dramatically, for the worse.

I think it’s important to fortify inner strength, to be able to withstand life’s hardships; but it’s also super important to make sure you don’t make yourself so hard, that you turn cold. I think it is essential to be diligent in keeping a balance, to develop a way to process things that doesn’t steal away your shine, your joy, your lightness of being.

Life is already short enough as it is, & we will all be gone someday sooner than we think; there is no point in losing yourself along the way. Keep your heart warm.

I was a douche in my early 20s so....
I got better, but still not great.

Nope the opposite, I cringe at how I behaved when I was younger. Even with my dad I notice that the older he gets the better we get along, he's way more easy going and chill now than he used to be.

I'm more erect, almost always.

I avoid confrontation now. I dont want issues anymore but can still snap. I just dont like dealing with BS like that anymore.

I thought it was cool from 16 to 26 but now im like ugh.

I don't think I've gotten meaner. But I have less of an issue sharing opinions and thoughts that might offend others.

After enough court dates criminal record and jail time and fines I learned to pick my battles a little better

I'm a patient dude, plus 8 love myself way too much to let outside influences change me, I'm the same person I've always been.

I was an evil little shit when I was younger, now people think I'm the nicest dude ever.

It takes more for me to snap now than in my 20s, but if I were to snap now it would be much worse than in my 20s.

Life beats us up, yes, but it’s important not to let it make us bitter (or at least, keep us that way).

If life is rough, and you turn into a weak broken pussy about it, then yes, you have lost.

However, if you instead respond to life’s occasional harshness by becoming super calloused, mean, and staying that way, then I believe you have also lost, in a different way. Because either way, you still allowed things to change you, dramatically, for the worse.

I think it’s important to fortify inner strength, to be able to withstand life’s hardships; but it’s also super important to make sure you don’t make yourself so hard, that you turn cold. I think it is essential to be diligent in keeping a balance, to develop a way to process things that doesn’t steal away your shine, your joy, your lightness of being.

Life is already short enough as it is, & we will all be gone someday sooner than we think; there is no point in losing yourself along the way. Keep your heart warm.
tenor.png

Back