Have we Seen Such a Height Discrepancy Before?

In mma, yes. In the ufc, yes, but in the middleweight division, I'm not sure

AlqMCfr.gif
Holy fuck hahahha

Jon Jones is a hella lot taller than a picogram.

A couple of weight classes? No, they are called WEIGHT classes not HEIGHT classes.

Kelvin looks tiny

Israel looks huge

thats what the audio description would be in a broadcast for blind people

T85tYPB.png

Dudes could easily be a couple weight classes apart.
Yeah quite a few times actually but it's always funny to see. The messed up part is Kelvin actually nearly missing weight at 185... He actually tried to cheat with the towel like DC lol. Also Magny vs Gastelum was basically the same thing, Magny is 6'3 and Adesanya is 6'4.

height does not equal weight, some people have thicker bodies, more muscles bigger bones and some people are just naturally skinners. It's body types that count. So just cause Israel is much taller doesnt mean he could be a couple of weight classes above, Kelvin could easily be bigger

I always find it hilarious how celebrated this win was. Embarrassing that it even happened.

Not embarrassing at all imho. Unfortunately people don't understand context and try to use hindsight many years after the fact.

I love fights like this. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kelvin gets inside and gets a vicious ko.

Not embarrassing at all imho. Unfortunately people don't understand context and try to use hindsight many years after the fact.
Tell me the context which overturns a GOAT contender facing a party trick with a 1-0 MMA record and a 9-1 Kickboxing record against Sumo wrestlers and Bob Sapp.

I'll wait.

Tell me the context which overturns a GOAT contender facing a party trick with a 1-0 MMA record and a 9-1 Kickboxing record against Sumo wrestlers and Bob Sapp.

I'll wait.

You can wait all you want, I'll let you figure things out on your own instead of just looking at records on wikipedia 12 years later. Also Semmy Schilt isn't a sumo wrestler even though HMC lost imho.

Back