Have the Packers figured out that the season has started?

Pay Rodgers whatever he wants’! Love is a wasted pick

At this point just restructure everyone so you can hopefully retain Campbell and Douglas. Re-sign Jaire and use the fifth year option on both Gary and Savage. Or try and sign Gary to a modest contract before he gets even better and you have him pretty much on a discount. Rodgers will certainly take less to stay if they commit to him. Bring Cobb back on a vet minimum. This way Gute atones for not giving Jordy the same option back in 2018. Backload Davante's contract release both Smith bros. Push out as much money as you can into the future and draft Arch Manning whenever he is eligible for the NFL draft.

Just spit balling here.

Some Packers beat writers are of course making excuses again, but damn Love just looks bad out there and he's at the end of year two. Sure playing with the back ups isn't easy, he shouldn't look that lost however. We've seen guys improve at QB with more snaps, but do we really want to bank on that? Won't even get a ton of picks for Rodgers considering the circumstances (likely).

Defense also need to get their shit together, they played crap with all the starters as well.

Some Packers beat writers are of course making excuses again, but damn Love just looks bad out there and he's at the end of year two. Sure playing with the back ups isn't easy, he shouldn't look that lost however. We've seen guys improve at QB with more snaps, but do we really want to bank on that? Won't even get a ton of picks for Rodgers considering the circumstances (likely).

Defense also need to get their shit together, they played crap with all the starters as well.

Nagler is the worst. He is such a shill. He doesn't need to shit on Love, but he is clearly disingenuous when it comes to his evaluation of the guy. And whenever fans say the team needs another playmaker at WR he gets all pissy and starts saying "well they have Davante Adams". Dude is awful.

As for Love, I never hated the pick, I just hated how they continued to neglect the WR position in that draft. Not sure if Love is the guy, I'm pretty sure if he is the starter that the Packers aren't winning more than 7 games. Maybe in year 4 it clicks for him, but who exactly does he have to throw to?

Nagler is the worst. He is such a shill. He doesn't need to shit on Love, but he is clearly disingenuous when it comes to his evaluation of the guy. And whenever fans say the team needs another playmaker at WR he gets all pissy and starts saying "well they have Davante Adams". Dude is awful.

As for Love, I never hated the pick, I just hated how they continued to neglect the WR position in that draft. Not sure if Love is the guy, I'm pretty sure if he is the starter that the Packers aren't winning more than 7 games. Maybe in year 4 it clicks for him, but who exactly does he have to throw to?
Haha I think Nagler is Ok, but he overreacts to typical overreactions on Twitter a lot. Of course we don't know how Love will progress if he's the full time starter, but worrying about it given what he's shown is perfectly fine. And a second playmaker (at WR) would definitely give the offense a huge boost, Lazard and MVS are 3 and 4 types and would slot in there with a second good WR. I guess they still have Cobb who gets the Rodgers connection boost.

Adams will go if Rodgers is traded, I'm pretty sure. Plan would be to extend all the great younger players and build around all the first round/second round picks that they will get and maybe later FA when the cap looks healthier down the line. Won't matter if Love never develops, though.

If Rodgers wants to stay, make it happen imo. Dude looks like he has a lot of years left at that level especially with LaFleur.

Packers are easily gonna win it all this season. Tampas fucked with their injuries and secondary. AB and Godwin both out makes them so much worse that stacked WR corps was what made them special after the front 7. Cards have no shot. Packers own the Rams. Cowboys at their peak play is the only shot and theyre just as likely to get a bad Dak game with an inconsistent defensive effort.

So did Bahk play? Didn't get to watch most of the game at work...

Packers are easily gonna win it all this season. Tampas fucked with their injuries and secondary. AB and Godwin both out makes them so much worse that stacked WR corps was what made them special after the front 7. Cards have no shot. Packers own the Rams. Cowboys at their peak play is the only shot and theyre just as likely to get a bad Dak game with an inconsistent defensive effort.
Shut the hell up plz.

Was it Z related? Apparently he is cleared to play and will practice ahead of the divisional round.

The Packers could have a much tougher division if the Vikings and Bears hire competent GMs and head coaches.

The Packers could have a much tougher division if the Vikings and Bears hire competent GMs and head coaches.

Yep and things will be further exacerbated in that regard if:

A) They gut the roster to keep Rodgers and Adams.

B) Lose both Rodgers and Adams and have to deal with Love's growing pains with really no pass catching threats.

They get plenty of high draft picks with Love playing qb, to draft wr's and his eventual replacement

They get plenty of high draft picks with Love playing qb, to draft wr's and his eventual replacement
The way it looks right now, it would be a waste to pay all this top talent like Jaire, Elgton, Bakh, Adams, Gary, Clark (some already have been paid) etc. top dollar and waste their primes while Love either develops or fails within three years.

Keeping Rodgers and Adams would mean some extremely tough decisions will come regarding a lot of good but not elite players, but I'd rather try to draft well and get bargains to replace them than shit away the careers of elite guys. But keeping Rodgers would also mean a little different draft strategy, as in drafting more "ready now" players with maybe less upside over guys who are raw but have higher upside.

Back