Have Goldie haters considered the fact that they might hate the replacement much worse?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Reddd, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Reddd

Reddd Banned Banned

Not trying to create a huge bickering argument about Goldie, because I totally understand that he is terrible. He has been there forever though, and we are all so used to him sort of like when you're drunk uncle does annoying things that you appreciate over time.

Him and Rogan make such an unbelievable combo together which sounds silly and crazy, but it has simply worked and the chemistry has been built over a long period of time. Their voices are like a pair that you expect to hear.

With the UFC's recent strange history where everything is about marketability I have a strong feeling that they'll end up bringing in some WTF type of replacement. I realize a lot of you guys that hate Goldie and want him gone will probably be optimistic at first, but I suspect many of you will miss Goldie down the road when it feels different.

And lets be honest MMA fans are some of the toughest fans to please for fight live fight commentating. We all know the sport so well, and its just not that easy for most that try it. Most of you that hate Goldie hate just about everyone else that commentates as well like Robyn Black, Mir, and the shaved head guy for the UFC. Bas is the only guy most people like other than Rogan and many hate both of them too.

Again, not bashing you guys and didn't even want to use the word haters for a guy like Goldie, but I couldn't think of how else to ask the question for the thread. Again, I GET IT. But do you think you might have a moment where you realize the grass wasn't greener after all without him?

Ez Eric, FlowchartKen and Cold Front like this.
  2. BigTruck

BigTruck Brown Belt

I don't think there's any might about it.

3. Son Peyote

Son Peyote ★★★★★★★★

If that someone improves over time

they're already better than Goldy

Teh_Lulz7, TStoner and Coconut Joe like this.
  4. Cold Front

Cold Front Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

My thoughts exactly. I liked the idea of replacing Goldberg until I heard they were replacing him with the douchbag Jim Rome.

5. icecap

icecap Blue Belt

it would be quite difficult considering how bad Goldie is despite doing it all these years

Coconut Joe likes this.
  6. Dirge

Dirge Red Belt

Never was a huge fan of Goldie but I never really disliked him either. If they put someone fantastic in his place that's a plus, someone shitty, not so much...

7. Tamriel Terror

Tamriel Terror Silver Belt

If theres one person I can't listen to, its f'ing Anik. Dude is a robot and i want to punch him

ronin707 likes this.
  8. A.A. Riggs

A.A. Riggs SAXOPHONE

AND YOU GET HATE. AND YOU GET HATE.
    [​IMG]
    AND YOU GET HATE.

9. Reddd

Reddd Banned Banned

Is it Jim Rome for sure?

10. leto1776

leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

No, I don't think they have. I'm not a huge fan of Goldberg, but I can appreciate that it's not an easy spot to step into, and any real play by play guy worth his salt is gonna be doing it for a real sport and getting paid way more.

11. Reddd

Reddd Banned Banned

Anik was the guy I was thinking of but couldn't remember his name. He tries, and does his job but I really don't like him as a live fight commentator. I agree that he just sounds like a robot with very little knowledge to explain for situational stuff.

12. Cold Front

Cold Front Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

No. But that's an example of what I thought you meant when you wrote that "I realize a lot of you guys that hate Goldie and want him gone will probably be optimistic at first, but I suspect many of you will miss Goldie down the road when it feels different."

I dislike Goldie, but when people started bandying about Rome's name as a PBP man, I realized that just because the UFC got rid of Goldie didn't mean I was going to like his replacement more.

13. Senzo Tanaka

Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

Rome would be worse than Goldie. Anik IS worse than Goldie.

Unless they get someone like Mauro or someone highly respected within the sports world that actually has a passion for MMA, I'd rather nothing change. Goldie may be a goof but he's our goof.

14. TStoner

TStoner Oatmeal cream stout

I have absolutely considered it. But, just like with anik, and as an earlier post said, if the new guy actually improves over time instead of rehashing the same weird shit it will be an improvement.

15. snugglecakes

snugglecakes Purple Belt

what are Jim Rome's MMA credentials? They need somebody who actually trains. They should just have a rotating door of actual fighters

Ez Eric likes this.
  16. Buster C

Buster C Synchronous Timing Belt

Yeah, it'll probably be someone that the UFC hopes will bring in new fans. That's why Jim Rome wouldn't surprise me, as he is a controversial douche with a considerable following.

Isn't Chris Berman leaving ESPN? Hmm. Fastest 3 minutes in MMA?

"UFC 207 . . . Dominick J. Crews vs. Cody "Alligator Gar" brandt . . .

Ez Eric likes this.
  17. EffinCraig

EffinCraig Antitheist

Worst of all they could be virtually identical.

Ez Eric and Teh_Lulz7 like this.
  18. rraaju

rraaju Banned Banned

yes. i will cherish 207. gonna miss that fool

19. Dutch Rudder

Dutch Rudder Pimp Belt

As long as it isn't Teddy Atlas I don't really give a fuck.

Teh_Lulz7 and kiley_sean like this.
  20. Phisher

Phisher Silver Belt

A salty Teddy Atlas doing nothing shitting on the striking skill level of all of the fighters in front of him would actually a significant improvement over Goldberg.

Mob69 likes this.