Have any sherdoggers been on their back getting outgrappled before?

You're probably grappling with kids and betas then.

I know exactly what TS is talking about, when you have someone who is much more skilled on top of you, it feels like you're drowning.
It can feel that way, if the guy is skilled and huge but it still doesn’t break me. Just inspires me to improve.

We have multiple black belts at my club. Legit black belts under Sylvio Behring.

All manlet grapplers would stand no chance against imposing 6'5 255lbs sherdoggers with unlimited strength and cardio. This is a silly thread.
It’s a silly thread because TS is trying to make excuses for Connor. Problem is, the excuse he is making is complete bunk. Mentally strong people don’t get “broken” by being dominated positionally on the ground.

Khabib is going to raise the level of grappling at LW. All contenders need to be working hard and getting the absolute best grappling training right now if they want to stand a chance against him.

It can feel that way, if the guy is skilled and huge but it still doesn’t break me. Just inspires me to improve.

We have multiple black belts at my club. Legit black belts under Sylvio Behring.

I think you’re describing what it’s like at a BJJ gym after at least a few months of experience, right? I remember when I first started BJJ, I was not relaxed. After a couple months I learned to chill out. I figured out that no one was trying to kill me. It sounds to me like TS is describing what it’s like when you have very little experience and someone controls you from top position.

Regarding the fight, Poirier didn’t seem necessarily broken by Khabib, but he was obviously frustrated. The choke broke his ass for sure.

It BREAKS you. Now imagine a trained WORLD CALIBER grappler with tricks up his sleeve that a world class gym wouldn't even be able to prepare their fighter for. Being underneath Khabib must be one's WORST NIGHTMARE. Sherdoggers who've had a taste of it would understand.

Conor should be praised for lasting 4 rounds, especially as he trains with amateurs on the mat.

Yesterday. Sparred with my coach (won the Scandinavian heavyweight naga championship recently). He tapped me 7 times in one round (5 minutes). I crawled to the car after practice.

We Sherdoggers are all 6.5" 265 shredded all year round. We have no losses on our record and we believe in UBER TS. We have never been out-grappled before so we don't know that feeling TS.

Shoulda known this would be yet another god damn McNuggets thread. Coulda been a post about any of Khabib's other 27 opponents or just about his powerful grappling in general, but nooooo you gotta keep bringing up the man of your wet dreams.

I think you’re describing what it’s like at a BJJ gym after at least a few months of experience, right? I remember when I first started BJJ, I was not relaxed. After a couple months I learned to chill out. I figured out that no one was trying to kill me. It sounds to me like TS is describing what it’s like when you have very little experience and someone controls you from top position.
Exactly. I train Bjj with a european Champion and Sambo national champion. I had some experience when i came to the gym but just wasnt prepared for it would feel like. The first week was hard. I got tapped more than i could count, but after a few days you figure out, that the only way to deal with it is to give up and find another sport or improve.

Yes when I done some bjj/mma training back in 2013-14

I was normally good at the start of sessions, as I was about 220 lb at the time and quite lean with a strength background.

Most fighters there would usually pull guard on me and work off their backs. I was a beginner and not good at submissions, other than the guillotine, which I surprised a few of the guys with. I think the fighters liked me to smother them, as it was good practice to have a bigger, stronger guy put them under pressure, before they get ready for a fight.

I was tapped when gassed, but not normally when fresh.

Mind you, the gym never had anyone higher than purple belt at bjj and most were just beginner or blue belts.

Even the guys fighting were semi-pro, bar two guys that were pros.

I do know for a fact that size, Strength and speed helps loads, but technique and stamina are much more important for rolling.

Only because of my bad eye injury (orbital fracture, that has left me with permanent double vision) from kickboxing, I would be all over mma.

In fact the new gym I am at now, is run by one of the former fighters and he is going to start some classes again.

I doubt because of my age or injury, that I will fight, but I would really love to give it a try at some stage. I just don't know if the risk of losing sight in one eye is worth fighting for no financial reward.

To cut a long story short, grappling is seriously hard work and it took me some time to get the endurance for it.

Back