Hatton vs loma

I’ve always wondered how Hatton’s career would have turned out if he’d had discipline outside of training camp. Part of me thinks he’d have been an even more successful fighter, but when you look at the punishment he took in his losses maybe there’d have been no difference.

I always wonder about guys. Obviously he would've been healthier and fitter that way, but I wonder if he would've been the same fighter. He had a real work hard/play hard mentality. Take the playing hard away and does he work as hard?

It's nothing but fun conjecture, but I always wonder. Kind of like "motivated BJ Penn." Did that guy actually exist? Or was BJ just a chronic underachiever, and that's just as much a part of him as his physical attributes? Personality dictates a lot about how people fight, and I think a lot of these guys would be different fighters all around if you changed their personalities (even if those changes resulted in physical improvements).

I’ve always wondered how Hatton’s career would have turned out if he’d had discipline outside of training camp. Part of me thinks he’d have been an even more successful fighter, but when you look at the punishment he took in his losses maybe there’d have been no difference.
I wonder if he never fought the 2 best fighters of this generation

I wonder if he never fought the 2 best fighters of this generation
He'd probably be viewed slightly lesser....i think the fact he even got in with Maypac is something in and of itself

Salido proved what style is required to get a hard fought win. Ricky, even if they were the same size is a perfect fit to work over Loma to a decision.

A good question is whether Loma has made adjustments to combat that style.

Back