Hatred trailer

Looks like a waste of money.

^^This

Controversy aside, the game looks like something you would get bored with an hour later...don't think you should be bragging about wanting to get this day 1, TS lol...

^^This

Controversy aside, the game looks like something you would get bored with an hour later...don't think you should be bragging about wanting to get this day 1, TS lol...

This. Even games like postal that most likely had more time put into them still don't give you much of a sense of accomplishment when playing them. Shock value is all you're getting.

Posters in here don't seem to understands this game was made to see how much outrage and controversy they could muster up.

Made specifically to piss off the politically correct crowd.

Carmageddon was a classic game that did just that. Mortal Kombat was the first game to have "extreme" violence, and the mothers of the 90s were saying the same thing you are saying.

Maybe you don't have the stomach to handle it, but violence is in every game no matter how you look at it. In GTA5, do people not run and scream in fear when you point a gun at them? So what the hell is the difference? Innocent people begging for their lives only to be executed with no remorse.

If you think GTA is Ok because its tone is in a light manner, you're missing the point. It's the SAME type of violence.

Lol @ 'not having the stomach to handle it.' I've eaten a rare steak while watching a Saw flick.

This is my main concern - since Columbine in 1999, gamers have been under attack about every school schooter supposedly being 'trained' by video games. We've always been able to win the debate by pointing out the complete differences of what was depicted in the videogames and the hideous acts of mass murder of random innocents.

Alot of that debate flies out the window when they're actually a videogame that depicts hideous acts of mass murders of innocents as the entire point, and goal, of the videogame. And what happens when there's another mass shooting (they're not exactly rare anymore), and it's known that the murderer was a big fan of Hatred, and an arguement could be made that it contributed to his mental training for such a deplorable acts?

The game DOES have some decent physics though....It looks silly though.

I keep thinking of a pissed off native american who wants to rid the world of western technology and culture, et cetera.

And the people defending GTA saying it never forces you to kill civilians....

You're either lying or haven't played it. Even in GTA5 it has rampage modes where you kill gangsters, cops, hicks, etc. They are absolutely civilians / non-military personal.

Regardless though. You have jews walking around yelling "Oy-vey!" in GTA5 with giant beards and wearing a yamaka. You have insane stereotypes. You could create a mini game that isolated everything and focused purely on hunting jews, blacks, women, etc.

You could drive a prostitute out into the wilderness after having her render sexual acts on you brutally beat her to death. Or let her run away screaming and snipe her right before she's out of view....

And the people defending GTA saying it never forces you to kill civilians....

You're either lying or haven't played it. Even in GTA5 it has rampage modes where you kill gangsters, cops, hicks, etc. They are absolutely civilians / non-military personal.

Regardless though. You have jews walking around yelling "Oy-vey!" in GTA5 with giant beards and wearing a yamaka. You have insane stereotypes. You could create a mini game that isolated everything and focused purely on hunting jews, blacks, women, etc.

You could drive a prostitute out into the wilderness after having her render sexual acts on you brutally beat her to death. Or let her run away screaming and snipe her right before she's out of view....

GTA is obviously a game that gets people's panties in a bunch, but even fans of the games thought the torture scene in GTA V was a little much. It really is all about context. And I'm not offended in anyway by the game, I just think way more effort was put into being controversial than making a good game. It looks like me of those stupid Adult Swim games, just running on a high end game engine.

Looks okay. dat flamethrower. Will inevitably buy it in a Steam sale IMO

The amount of butthurt over a game like this is hilarious, if only because its not even that bad, people get hung up on the pixels suddenly being "innocent" as if its any different than GTA or any other game that gives you free range on who and what to kill.

It's just a game.

I'll pirate to see if it was more than the obvious attention whoring it is trying to be.

Pretty fucked up that you would think to do that.

If the premise is to only kill random people, then it probably would lose it's replay value quickly (for someone like me.)

Even in GTA I never constantly did rampages because it would get sort of boring. Only time I did them a lot was on the PS1 GTA's because of the skyview gameplay.

The graphics look surprisingly good, actually. I might pick this one up just to spite the outrage brigade, too.

Back