Hating on Greg Hardy is lame

• Thread starter Deleted member 560591
  • Start date
Just read some articles about the Greg Hardy case. That dude was living like Tony Montana. He was rich, coked up, partying all the time and had 10 fucking firearms in his mansion.

Now why does no one mention that both Hardy & his girl were coked up when that incident happened ?
It’s not an excuse for his horrible act but heavy drugs do play a role. Doing a CTE infested sport where gigantic super athletes run into each other at full speed and cocaine isn’t a good combo. This isn’t the first case of a person going insane and do horrible stuff. Mark Wahlberg was committing racist hate crimes when he was on cocaine almost killing people but people forgave him and he turned his life for the better. Why not Hardy ?

He did horrible shit & lost his career for it. Since then we haven’t seen him fuck up again. No violence or drug scandals. Unless he proves us wrong, we have to basically accept that he indeed tries to change himself for the better.

He is staying in the dorms of ATT training every day and taking his "new life“ serious. Someone like Greg Hardy doesn’t need to sleep in a little room or even do MMA to make a living.

I don’t see any indication that he is just a psychopath who genuinely enjoys beating women for fun. I’m pretty sure a coked up CTE Hardy would have beaten anyone’s ass at that time. Let’s try to move the fuck on.
Imagine writing this about a women beater who never paid for his crimes

A pedo can choose not to act on their urges just like someone who beats on his wife or does other damaging things. It's the action that's the distinction here. In that regard, a pedo who acts on his urges and someone who beats his wife are on a similar level of detestability.

A pedo has a drive in him to do what he wants to do. That drive has biological & psychological factors to it. You can't just shut off how you are.

A psychopath for instance is naturally not able to be empathic. It's also hard to change a person like that. I don't know Greg Hardy personally to judge if he is just a psycho who beats woman or a guy who did something horrible in bad circumstances. Unless he does it again, I have to assume it's the second option.

There is a huge correleation between pro football players and CTE. Diagnosing CTE is very hard though before death.

Steroids, football & coke. Pretty bad combo.

So in other words you use a "CTE" you pulled out of your ass.
You have no way of knowing if he has CTE or not. You are simply lying
But what ever you feel you need to do to defend your hero....

OOOOOH THANKS TS

I didn't realize it was ok because he was on cocaine. Oooooooh cool.

That means Bones Jones is innocent of doing a hit and run on a pregnant lady.

Don't worry..

The hate and disgust will shift to Tony Ferguson when he pulls a Chris Benoit.

That was exactly my thought when I read Tony's reports. He is on another level of craziness and most likely all without drugs. MMA is full of crazy people like this. Some fighters turned better, others haven't.

TS says "It’s not an excuse for this horrible act" then proceeds to use cocaine and CTE as an excuse

Nothing is an excuse for beating a woman.
Even if a woman is attacking you, you only use enough force as you need to stop her, not continue to beat her bloody

ANYONE who does this to a woman deserves no respect or glory, and deserves to be called out for it
for the same reason there's a public registry for dangerous offenders and sexual offenders.
People should never forget what he did

Last edited:
OOOOOH THANKS TS

I didn't realize it was ok because he was on cocaine. Oooooooh cool.

That means Bones Jones is innocent of doing a hit and run on a pregnant lady.

It’s not an excuse for his horrible act but heavy drugs do play a role. Doing a CTE infested sport where gigantic super athletes run into each other at full speed and cocaine isn’t a good combo. This isn’t the first case of a person going insane and do horrible stuff.

A pedo has a drive in him to do what he wants to do. That drive has biological & psychological factors to it. You can't just shut off how you are.

A psychopath for instance is naturally not able to be empathic. It's also hard to change a person like that. I don't know Greg Hardy personally to judge if he is just a psycho who beats woman or a guy who did something horrible in bad circumstances. Unless he does it again, I have to assume it's the second option.

You're 100 percent misreporting the science on this. Even in individuals with debilitating conditions like actual OCD have free will unless they're genuinely schizophrenic. In all other cases, you may lack human empathy or a moral compass but you still possess free will. That's why people with ASD aren't routinely robbing stores or murdering people just because they lack empathy.

So in other words you use a "CTE" you pulled out of your ass.
You have no way of knowing if he has CTE or not. You are simply lying
But what ever you feel you need to do to defend your hero....

He isn't my hero lol and I believe in statistics, so it's very, very likely that he has some sort of brain damage after playing football his whole life.

Imagine writing this about a women beater who never paid for his crimes

He lost his career and millions of dollars. No jail time but that's pretty heavy, too. We can debate if that's enough but he definitely paid for it somehow.

I gotta admit I tune in into his fights hoping he gets ktfo, I am kind of shocked buy this HW fight is co main event, and not AA vs Rothwell(looking forward to this fight almost as much as the main event).
I guess I am not the only guy that wants to see him flattened so that is the reasoning for having near the top of the card

Hardy is a piece of shit for his past domestic violence stuff, being coked up is not even close to an excuse.

That said, I would still hate on Greg Hardy if his DV stuff never happened for the following reasons

1. He looks like a fucking idiot
  2. He actually is a fucking idiot
  3. He sucks at fighting and the UFC hypes him because he played a ballsport
  4. smug as hell
  5. Just fucking look at him

He lost his career and millions of dollars. No jail time but that's pretty heavy, too. We can debate if that's enough but he definitely paid for it somehow.

He lost his career and millions of dollars for being a scum bag, showing no contrition, being a shitty teammate, and being bad at football towards the end of his career. He lost millions of dollars because he wasn't worth the trouble, not because he beat a woman. He literally got a new 10 million dollars with the cowboys after the whole fiasco, and was only cut when they realized after getting to know him that he's a giant piece of human garbage.

So no, he didn't pay a price for beating up a woman and if he did it certainly wasn't an appropiate one.

You know why people hate on Greg Hardy? Because he's a scumbag. It's not lame. If you don't want to hate on him, don't. We're all tacitly supporting him being in the UFC by not boycotting them for having him on their payroll, so obviously we can all live with him fighting in the UFC. The UFC has every right to employ him. We just want to see him get his ass kicked.

Anyway I spent enough time talking about this shit here. Let's hope he doesn't pull a Chris Benoit and continues on his current path because people won't give a single fuck about his past in 2-3 years. There are a lot of examples in pop culture proving that. People love Charles Bukowski and he beat the shit out of his fiance on CAMERA.

W25hZEv.gif

It's just the mob mentality & group think in the echo chambers of social media. He's such low-hanging fruit, which for virtue-signalling lames is absolutley irresistible. Is normal.
So is calling out scummy behaviour always ‘virtue signaling’? Or is it just the popular thing to say that’s what other people are doing when they care more about something than you do or are more vocal?

You're 100 percent misreporting the science on this. Even in individuals with debilitating conditions like actual OCD have free will unless they're genuinely schizophrenic. In all other cases, you may lack human empathy or a moral compass but you still possess free will. That's why people with ASD aren't routinely robbing stores or murdering people just because they lack empathy.

Free will is a controversial topic in general. Too much for Sherdog though. Some people are born with horrible tendencies like not feeling any empathy and if you add heavy drug abuse or traumatic experiences you might get a fucked up person who will definitely never change. I only brought this topic up because I don't believe Hardy is one of the severe cases of a psycho who can't help but do inhumane things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back