Hate him or love him, time to accept Jon Jones is the inevitable MMA GOAT.

I'm not a Jones fan, quite the opposite, however.

I believe he is the best LHW ever. (considering the length and stuff)

People hated Muhammad Ali, boxings GOAT.

I hope Jones doesn't take the haters too seriously. How anyone could hate on what he did last night is beyond me. More and more its looking like he truly is more GOATY than the other GOATS (Fedor, GSP, Silva respectively).

Every fight I find myself liking him more.

I agree and I hate bones , he's not the GOAT at the moment but he's getting there and I don't see any one on,the horizon that can beat him except maybe a healthy Cain .

I accept him as maybe the best current MMA wrestler too.

errrr...what? BJ Penn is probably, along with JJ, the most naturally gifted for fighting people on the planet, Penn probably more so considering he basically unhurtable and what he did with BJJ. JJ is gifted in his physical dimensions. He did nothing extraordinary in the DC fight except do what he always does, use his size to avoid problems. That is certainly a skill, but I'll need to see him move up if he's gonna be goat. I'm the decider.

True you should decide for yourself!

It's not debatable at this point. Hard to believe he did it so fast.

You never know with Aldo though if he beats Mcgregor then moves up and wins the lightweight belt he will be in contention

He's still got a few more years before we can declare him the GOAT

Why do we need more years? His run has already been more impressive than either Anderson's GSP's or Fedor's.

As a Fedor nuthugger I cannot argue with this. If he beats Gus in a rematch, he cements his GOAT status for me.

True you should decide for yourself!

He beat DC last night. Let him move to HW and we'll figure out if he's the goat. Decide that way. I think he'll do decent btw. Cain would abuse him, but other than that he's got a shot.

you wish. Fedor, anderson and GSP are stil ahead of him

People hated Muhammad Ali, boxings GOAT.

I hope Jones doesn't take the haters too seriously. How anyone could hate on what he did last night is beyond me. More and more its looking like he truly is more GOATY than the other GOATS (Fedor, GSP, Silva respectively).

Every fight I find myself liking him more.

Ask yourself why people don't hate Fedor or GSP.

Then ask yourself why people hated Ali and Jones.

Then you will come to a conclusion that their is a right way and a wrong way to be successful.

He beat arguably a top 3 heavyweight, Jones is without a doubt number 1 p4p.

A lot of guys were on Cormier's nuts and couldn't realise that he's just another guy. I have said it numerous times here. The only real challenge at LHW for Jones is the Viking.

Yet Jones is nowhere near the likes of Fedor Emelianenko. It's cocky that you write this. Anyways I won some money on Jones so I should not complain.

Like Fedor in his prime against Nogueira and Crocop, he fought his challenger at their own game and beat them decisively.

I think he is P4P the best fighter the UFC has had so far.

Greatest of all time means in the future too, i'm sure as its such a young sport eventually we will see someone better.

Jones may be the best fighter we have even seen

Back