Hate him or love him, time to accept Jon Jones is the inevitable MMA GOAT.

There's no doubt in my mind that when it's all said and done Jones will go down as the best ever. I mean look at his resume already.

Matt hughes and Penn were p4p when they fought GSP.

Oh boy.

They are no where near DC'S calibre.
Look at my post where i say THIS win elevated Jones above GSP.

Matt Hughes lost a lot of fights.
Don't even get me started on Bj pen coming UP from lw.

That's the opposite of Dc who came down from a much bigger division Hw to fight the lhw Jones .

There's no equal for Dc anywhere you look.
The dude is better than everyone else.

It's almost unbelievable what Jones did.

Oh boy.

They are no where near DC'S calibre.
Look at my post where i say THIS win elevated Jones above GSP.

Matt Hughes lost a lot of fights.
Don't even get me started on Bj pen coming UP from lw.

That's the opposite of Dc who came down from a much bigger division Hw to fight the lhw Jones .

There's no equal for Dc anywhere you look.
The dude is better than everyone else.

It's almost unbelievable what Jones did.

Okay you are a nuthugger no point carrying on with you.

I told myself jones proves he is the greatest mma fighter today if he beats Cormier. And that's what I believe now

Okay you are a nuthugger no point carrying on with you.

Ok so you lost the argument and are resorting to name calling to just walk away smugly :p

So are you saying Matt hughes and Bj are DC's equivalent in mma?

Give me a yes/no. This will show who is the real hugger here.

Ok so you lost the argument and are resorting to name calling to just walk away smugly :p

So are you saying Matt hughes and Bj are DC's equivalent in mma?

Give me a yes/no. This will show who is the real hugger here.

How am i at nuthugger lol, Yes they were massive match ups at the time you probably didnt watch mma then.

How am i at nuthugger lol, Yes they were massive match ups at the time you probably didnt watch mma then.

You're a gsp hugger if you think any of his opponents are as good as DC.
I am well aware of Matt and Bj's resumes and they were great champs but don't hold a candle to DC.

Just wait, DC will continue to go undefeated like a beast and then it will seep in better perhaps.

TS....agree and good write up explaining your thoughts with real stats.

I make no bones about it, I am not a JBJ fan at all. I dislike the guy's character and attitude however, I believe he is the greatest LHW we've all seen and I also believe he would be a real force at HW. So with all my personal dislike and disdain for the guy, I won't be ignorant and make excuses for DC's defeat and attempt to discredit Jone's incredible fighting greatness. No one can dispute that JBJ is 100% legitimately bad ass. I just wish he wasn't such an ass with antics like pushing on DC's head while he's down after the bell, or the hands up at less than 10 seconds left on the clock in round 5 knowing he won. And the annoying eye pokes (which I think he actually unintentionally did tonight and did a great job of preventing anymore throughout the fight).
Jones is a force and I believe he will break Anderson's record (I wasn't sure of that before tonight and I was hopeful DC would dethrone him).
My hat's off to the king of LHW and potentially the future HW king.

Good post from an anti-Jones fan. I was rooting for Jones. Agree with your post almost completely. How Jones took Cormier into deep water and controlled him was impressive.

I am well aware of Matt and Bj's resumes and they were great champs but don't hold a candle to DC.

Just wait, DC will continue to go undefeated like a beast and then it will seep in better perhaps.

I prefer Fedor really but whatever. People forget how good Penn and Hughes were lets see how DC's career unfolds first.

Not at 205 he won't. Especially not in a five round fight.

The mans never fought at HW so he can't be GOAT. Even if we're doing p4p, exactly how is he above Aldo, never mind the true GOATS? Hes 6th for me behind the big 3, aldo and Edgar

he will eventually lose, and your arguments, though valid, will crumble. If he goes to HW and wins maybe. He just won a fight almost solely based the fact he's bigger than the other guy, by that I mean taller and rangier. I don't see him overcoming size differences like Penn or Hendo.

Best LHW for sure.

errrr...what? BJ Penn is probably, along with JJ, the most naturally gifted for fighting people on the planet, Penn probably more so considering he basically unhurtable and what he did with BJJ. JJ is gifted in his physical dimensions. He did nothing extraordinary in the DC fight except do what he always does, use his size to avoid problems. That is certainly a skill, but I'll need to see him move up if he's gonna be goat. I'm the decider.

He is already a top Goat candidate in my book. I would like to see him keep winning for a few more years to cement his legacy.

Jones has taught me that calf raises do not matter.

Back