Hate him or love him, time to accept Jon Jones is the inevitable MMA GOAT.

You could make an equally strong case for Aldo at this point in fairness.

Dude he survived DC. Fedor didn't survive anyone. He murdered people, without being a bigger fighter in a lower weight class.

Fedor GOAT and itss stiiiiiiilllllllllllll noooooooot eeeeveeeeeeeeen clooooooooooooose.

Sure he is MMA's GOAT
But he is still a duche bag / psycho path
I hate him even more than I did before the fight
He needs to learn some class.
Micheal Vick is great at what he does also but he is still a piece of shit

Dude he survived DC. Fedor didn't survive anyone. He murdered people, without being a bigger fighter in a lower weight class.

Fedor GOAT and itss stiiiiiiilllllllllllll noooooooot eeeeveeeeeeeeen clooooooooooooose.

Some of these Zuffa zombies mean biz tho. Don Dones iz da KING !!1!11!!! WeeeeeeEEEEeEEee!! :icon_lol: He looked akward, slow and flat last night. These "Fans" need to keep it fuckin' real already.

Sure he is MMA's GOAT
But he is still a duche bag / psycho path
I hate him even more than I did before the fight
He needs to learn some class.
Micheal Vick is great at what he does also but he is still a piece of shit

I feel the same way, although I haven't given the GOAT position just yet. GSP, Fedor, and Anderson ruled their weight classes much longer.

Didn't like JJ at first but I warmed up to him. He is a good humble champion IMO.

I am not a JBJ fan but I also agree with the decision. I do however think Jones looked the worst of his career physically. I have never seen him look so soft. It didn't matter but this may be the toll of having to cut so much weight for so long and being a young champion. I don't think it's long now before he loses a fight because of preparation and then makes the move up to HW.

TS....agree and good write up explaining your thoughts with real stats.

I make no bones about it, I am not a JBJ fan at all. I dislike the guy's character and attitude however, I believe he is the greatest LHW we've all seen and I also believe he would be a real force at HW. So with all my personal dislike and disdain for the guy, I won't be ignorant and make excuses for DC's defeat and attempt to discredit Jone's incredible fighting greatness. No one can dispute that JBJ is 100% legitimately bad ass. I just wish he wasn't such an ass with antics like pushing on DC's head while he's down after the bell, or the hands up at less than 10 seconds left on the clock in round 5 knowing he won. And the annoying eye pokes (which I think he actually unintentionally did tonight and did a great job of preventing anymore throughout the fight).
Jones is a force and I believe he will break Anderson's record (I wasn't sure of that before tonight and I was hopeful DC would dethrone him).
My hat's off to the king of LHW and potentially the future HW king.

What about what DC did?
DC did the most ridiculous things a contender could do.
And said the most insane stuff possible.

It's not like Jones 'spat in his face' 'wink wink'
Here's the thing bro.The whole thing ,the feud was orchestrated by Cormier to
sell tickets so the ufc would make this fight over Gus.

1.He pushed Jones to incite him,check this out.

DC_VS_PAT.gif

He has a history of doing this.Look at how hard he pushed Cummins
who was but a simple Barista who spent the last few weeks grinding coffee beans while Cormier was grinding up against Russian wrestlers.

Cormier should have been put to the sword for that shove but Cummins
let it go.

I like Cormier.Imo the best fighter in current mma after Jones.
But this whole fiasco is his damn fault.
Also Jones came up to him a few years ago and made a joke that he would take
him down just as an ice breaker and Cormier runs with it like it's some legitimate beef.

You're dissing on Jones cause he patted Cormier on the head?
No you're just using that as an excuse to hate on him and your underlying seething hatred just seeps out unwittingly.

I don't think he's the GOAT until he breaks Anderson's records but at this point it seems unlikely anyone will stop him from breaking those records.

I get what you're trying to say butAnderson's records aren't against the same class of competition.

This was it.

Andy or GSP never had a DC equivalent in their careers.Enuf said.

i think if he beats gus convincingly in the rematch hes the undeniable ufc goat.

Sad that's impossible to stay by his side as a fan. Dude is such a **** human being. I will root against him till retire. And is getting difficult to argue about the goat status, but Fedor was more impressive on some many aspect... AND was a legit good person.

i think if he beats gus convincingly in the rematch hes the undeniable ufc goat.

I can go with that too. If he beats Gus, he is UFC goat. And even if he loses at HW he still good on books.

I agree. I'm life long Fedor fan but I have to admit Jones is the GOAT. The prime DC was bloodless yesterday. Jones is a genius.

MMA p4p goat = Anderson Silva
Fedor comes next

JJ shouldn't be mentioned alongside the above yet but he is close to achieving the same greatness
Plus, he still has time to build his legacy

Anyway, argue what u will cos "goat" and "p4p" are very subjective and this is just my humble opinion

(I was rooting for DC but JJ proved me wrong again)

I get what you're trying to say butAnderson's records aren't against the same class of competition.

This was it.

Andy or GSP never had a DC equivalent in their careers.Enuf said.

GSP fought alot of tough contenders, but Andys competition was, granted, less impressive

GSP fought alot of tough contenders, but Andys competition was, granted, less impressive

Yeah GSP did. But did he face a monster like DC?
No one had the resume DC has.

Never Lost a round, ragdolling fools, great boxing, power, monstrous strength. Coming down from a division which is separated from lhw by 55 lbs.

With this Jones has overtaken gsp.
I had gsp ahead before but now there's no contest.

I don't think anyone seriously disputes how good Jon Jones is do they?

Although he didn't look great last night, he didn't look too troubled either.

Yeah GSP did. But did he face a monster like DC?
No one had the resume DC has.

Never Lost a round, ragdolling fools, great boxing, power, monstrous strength. Coming down from a division which is separated from lhw by 55 lbs.

With this Jones has overtaken gsp.
I had gsp ahead before but now there's no contest.

Matt hughes and Penn were p4p when they fought GSP.

Back