Hate Crime: Policing Thought

What a joke.

It's like when some chick put up a sign saying "white silence is compliance" and the sign was painted to remove the white partbig the slogan. She actually had the audacity to call the painting of the sign racist. These people are lunatics

I don't think they are going to be found guilty of a hate crime, but it's still disturbing they could be charged with one. All they have to say to get cleared is say they don't appreciate the Black Lives Matter organization, given that it is a Marxist organization.

They should not have painted over the mural, it was the wrong thing to do.
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

"They were law breakers maliciously trashing public property, so I don't care what happens to them."

"Something something terrorists."

They should not have painted over the mural, it was the wrong thing to do.
It wasn't their place to do it. They should have been charged with vandalism (as many others should have been charged with vandalism during recent events), but a "hate crime" is absurd. I hate Communism and Marxism too. That is not criminal.

Last edited:
Conservatives on Hate crime legislation: Don't police my thoughts! First amendment!

Conservatives on Kaepernick kneeling for the national anthem: How dare you insult the troops! I will boycott any team and apparel company that hires you!

PS, before you say its different because public vs private, the principle remains the same. Conservatives get their panties in a bunch about cancel culture except when they cancel people like Kaepernick or anyone they deem insufficiently patriotic. The reason this country is falling apart is because of bad faith arguments and selective application of principles.
Conservatives are not the only people charged with "hate crimes."

Conservatives on Hate crime legislation: Don't police my thoughts! First amendment!

Conservatives on Kaepernick kneeling for the national anthem: How dare you insult the troops! I will boycott any team and apparel company that hires you!

PS, before you say its different because public vs private, the principle remains the same. Conservatives get their panties in a bunch about cancel culture except when they cancel people like Kaepernick or anyone they deem insufficiently patriotic. The reason this country is falling apart is because of bad faith arguments and selective application of principles.

Is this whole "bringing the shittiest argument possible and then immediately declaring bad faith to any response" thing a gimmick? I'm honestly asking.

Providing different sentences for "hate crimes" was always a 1st amendment violation. I don't understand how "hate crimes" have held up as constitutional in our court system. I think many people looked the other way because previously hate crimes were only accompanied by violent crimes. However, if you commit a crime, the charge and potential sentencing should be the same regardless of motive, otherwise you are policing someone's thought (and in many cases assuming their thought process). Thought is never illegal though, as it is intertwined with free speech.

The couple below painted over a "Black Lives Matter" mural, and they were charged with a "hate crime." Their only real crime might be "vandalism," which isn't exactly in short supply these days. This is grossly unconstitutional, but that is the world we live in today:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/marti...qfOlfB8Z_OtkKmcWMrb0q53XAdbQZJMBdOdRiD_LomfJU

Conviction will never stand. Even if it goes all the way to SCOTUS. There are still judges and prosecutors that respect the Constitution

How the fuck is thought never illegal? How can you explain how we get convictions on ANY intent based crime (1st degree murder, rape, battery, etc) if thought based crimes are illegal? The whole mens rea concept
"Hate speech" is protected by the first amendment. The supreme court has upheld that more than once. So, "hate thought" certainly cannot be a crime under the constitution (even though it continues anyway). Threatening to kill someone is not protected under the first amendment, and that is consistent with premeditation.

This is false. There is a reason 31 teams didn't even consider signing Kaepernick.
Maybe the fact that his career was in the toilet was a factor in that.

On a side note, Kaepernick was never charged with a crime for his speech or thought.

Good for them. They deserve to get “charged” with a Hate Crime.

Whether or not they get convicted is another story.

Maybe they will think twice the next time they try to oppose anti-racism.
You mean anti-Capitalism.

Conviction will never stand. Even if it goes all the way to SCOTUS. There are still judges and prosecutors that respect the Constitution
The charges alone send a bad message to an increasingly ignorant society.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

"They were law breakers maliciously trashing public property, so I don't care what happens to them."

"Something something terrorists."
It's as though you missed the entire point of the discussion.

Last edited:
Should tearing down statues also be a hate crime?

If someone knew their laws well, they'd be easily justified to "vandalize" this road in order to make a court case out of it.

A local government cannot authorize political messages on its streets or else Donald Trump should put MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN on every federal highway.

BLM is a political organization and the phrase is political. They have to walk a fine line on "allowing this" but then not allowing other political speech. This kind of court case can either close the door to painting this BLM crap or open the door for further divisive political speech.

Thanks, leftists. Once again you've made the world a worse place.
Black Lives Matter is only a political message because it's controversial on the right to allow black lives to matter.

One of the main problems is, leftists have twisted the definition of hate speech to be defined as speech they hate.

They think mob rule should dictate consequences for someone having an opinion they don't jive with over actual rule of law.

If you're threatening someone or calling for violence then sure expect legal repercussions.

However, flooding a company with hateful and threatening messages behind fake profiles on Twitter to get someone fired because they stated that women can't have dicks is not the world I want to live in and anyone with the emotional maturity of a well adjusted adult should not either.

Last edited:
Back