Has your opinion of MMA fighters in wrestling changed over the years?

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems like MMA and Pro-Wrestling has the most cross-overs than any other two forms of live entertainment.

*The original cross-over was Ken Shamrock coming over to the WWE in the mid-90s.
*Brock Lesnar becoming a huge WWE star, coming to UFC, and back to WWE.
*The numerous appearances of Pride stars in Japan's pro-wrestling circuit.
*Tank Abbot in WCW.
*Ronda Rousey.
*And recently PVZ and Masvidal making appearances in AEW, and apparently JDS is actually going to wrestle.

The best of all of these is obviously Lesnar.
The worst is obviously Tank Abbot in WCW.

But I'm cool with about everything in moderation, but I'm starting to think that Masvidal, PVZ, and JDS all making appearances on AEW shows may be too much.

Your thoughts?

Judo Gene Lebell says "Sup?"

I like having legit tough guys and athletes, but they gotta be able to work.

Rousey was good in the ring.
Bork is the Gold standard
I Think PVZ could be decent as long as she showcases Dat Ass.
I think JDS should do it because he has lost his chin and he seems like a good dude. He would be fine as the muscle of a faction. Keep him off the mic.
Masvidal is the wild card. Can be good because he can talk shit but also could be really bad.
No middle ground with him.

Aside from Brock, no one else has done it as good as Josh Barnett.

wk22.png

20080216123.jpg

D3V2dRSWAAA7Yxy.0.0.jpeg

wk22.png

20080216123.jpg

D3V2dRSWAAA7Yxy.0.0.jpeg
of the 2, suzuki is currently way more active in professional wrestling.

suzuki-gun> babyface barnett

It never changed. I loved Inoki-ism then and i love it now.

Bobby Lashley did very well in Bellator, has a good solid MMA record. Wish they gave him the champ to beat on

wk22.png

20080216123.jpg

D3V2dRSWAAA7Yxy.0.0.jpeg

Dude...wtf? You've got Suzuki right there! I like what Barnett has done though...and his commentary was pretty good as well. Fuck the Young Bucks.

Dude...wtf? You've got Suzuki right there! I like what Barnett has done though...and his commentary was pretty good as well. Fuck the Young Bucks.
I hear the Young Bucks are legit shooters. Not sure if true, but apparently Scott Steiner backed down to one of them. But he is obviously not what he once was

I hear the Young Bucks are legit shooters. Not sure if true, but apparently Scott Steiner backed down to one of them. But he is obviously not what he once was

Substantiate your claim or be named a Heretic, that's some Blasphemous Filth to even put in print.

Substantiate your claim or be named a Heretic, that's some Blasphemous Filth to even put in print.
I literally put not sure if true, so i am not claiming it. I just heard it from a guy who was there in the back when it happened. He said everyone was pretty shocked to see him tuck his tail

Shamrock was prob the first big one in the US, but wasn't it pretty common even before that in Japan, fighters wrestling, wrestlers fighting, mixed cards, etc?

I literally put not sure if true, so i am not claiming it. I just heard it from a guy who was there in the back when it happened. He said everyone was pretty shocked to see him tuck his tail

That is how rumors and heresy get spread.

Never go full Lakersfrankrexfootrexfalsefootpeterexwarriorexyoungbucks.

Every professional fighter that wants to make money should study how old wrestlers did interviews.

Ali actually said he copied some of what Gorgeous George did because he saw it as a good way to make money.

Back