Has Woodley finally overcome his issue to stumble while being backed?

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
Till started to pressure him prior to the big punch, and I was quite sure he will put Woodley away with something big.
Instead Woodley did something that he didn't do against Rory, or Shields - he attacked while being pressured.

This might be a game changer for him and his way to fight.

It was a great pull by Woodley. He has said in the past that he sees things in Conor’s game that he would like to implement into his own. He wasn’t lying, his boxing has absolutely gotten better.

It was a great pull by Woodley. He has said in the past that he sees things in Conor’s game that he would like to implement into his own. He wasn’t lying, his boxing has absolutely gotten better.

Not sure it's about boxing...Woodley's boxing has always been quite good and underrated, even in SF.
Cage strategy though...that is something Conor is truly great at.

Might be the first time I've seen a title fight where the other guy doesn't land a single strike.

Woodley should forget GSP and move down to take on Khabib. Woodley would have no problem cutting if Khabib, who is an inch taller, can. He will hit a sweet spot if he defeats another foreigner and brings the second title back to the US.

Woodley should forget GSP and move down to take on Khabib. Woodley would have no problem cutting if Khabib, who is an inch taller, can. He will hit a sweet spot if he defeats another foreigner and brings the second title back to the US.

I see no indication that this pack of muscles can cut to 155....

no, screw that. he should go right to 145 and fight holloway who's 2 inches taller than him.

Till started to pressure him prior to the big punch, and I was quite sure he will put Woodley away with something big.
Instead Woodley did something that he didn't do against Rory, or Shields - he attacked while being pressured.

This might be a game changer for him and his way to fight.
Woodley backs up on purpose and as far as Till's pressure... he landed nothing at all in this fight.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/b66ac52bfb217761

I think he continues to evolve along with his fight IQ and someone must continue to tell him that he has lunchbox fists for a welter and hits like a fucking truck and hes learning about his massive hellbows and how to semtex with them.

#scary

It's almost like his fight with Rory was years ago and he's fought 7 times since then, despite a long layoff.

Back